Hacking Gateway 3DS Team Response to Clones and 2.0 update

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something else just occured to me... How can Gateway team possibly know that the 'clones' are actual clones of its 1.0 firmware? Who says the newcomers aren't developing their own personal software and hardware designs?

On another note, is there any release date for these new flashcards?

Because they copy and pasted their 1.0 firmware pdf, promised every games working when we know for a fact not all do, terrible grammar the list goes on. If they "had their own personal software" they would at the very least appear more creative.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Something else just occured to me... How can Gateway team possibly know that the 'clones' are actual clones of its 1.0 firmware? Who says the newcomers aren't developing their own personal software and hardware designs?

On another note, is there any release date for these new flashcards?

Why develloping your own, when you can copy/past the decrypted 1.0 to your cheap flashcard without having to pay good devellopers for it, but only one or two chinese hackers ?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I can't help but laugh at all the people who are against the clone because they already spent their money on a Gateway. :rofl2:
This clone could bring many good things to the 3DS FC world.
If there's competition (and there will be) the race will be on!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't help but laugh at all the people who are against the clone because they already spent their money on a Gateway. :rofl2:

The thing is that the clones are barely any cheaper than Gateway.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The thing is that the clones are barely any cheaper than Gateway.

Yes. But $10 is enough to convince some people. And despite only $10 people seem to be against the idea of two cart companies pushing each other.
Of course, this is only the case if the r4i team decides to make their own fw for their 'clone'.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah so many good things like

-confused customers who have no idea what a clone is so they end up buying it because the clone thinking they got a legit product
-Crying customers complaing their R4i deluxe ultra puter mega absoluter Platinum gold v.2 flashcart stopped being supported/unusable in a higher firmware
-Flood in forums because of those customers
-Misinformation about scene
-Anarchy
-Cry

Who says Gateway team arent doing their best?As I see it clones will just make things worse

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Competition is a good thing, clones are not. The prices aren't low enough to justify anybody buying them, but if Gateway sales suffer it could hurt the chances for future software updates, which the clone teams obviously won't compensate for.

That said, was this update solely for clones, or is the 2.0 beta currently in tester's hands? Kind of vague.

Reactions: kyogre123

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind clones so long as they're clearly sold as a different product rather than as a fake with the same name and similar look trying to fool people. So long as when you go to buy a Gateway you don't get something else pretending to be a Gateway, I really couldn't care less.

Reactions: Mangekyou

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how people who pirate games using flashcarts (or is there homebrew?) get ultraprotective when their favorite flashcart brand is risking losing some development money because part of the market will opt by a product that would mimic it.

Reactions: NEP and minexew

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how people who pirate games using flashcarts (or is there homebrew?) get ultraprotective when their favorite flashcart brand is risking losing some development money because part of the market will opt by a product that would mimic it.

It mimics with lower quality materials and basically directly copy pasted off of another team's work, with a slight price change. All the clones are doing at this point in time is cause confusion as to which cartridge is better. You're going to get both the group that swears up and down that the Gateway 3DS is the one to go, and you get the other group that jumps for clones because of five dollars.

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought R4 clones before for the Original DS and I would never buy another clone again in my life. I could never play any new games after the first wave of them (before Pokemon Platinum) and I would never make that mistake again.

DannyDeLonge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Folks,

you aren't buying just a 3DS-Flashcard if you'll going to buy a Gateway 3DS insted of those Clone Cards. You also buying the ongoing Support from a Team which are going to release more and more Features over time.

The other Cards are just 1:1 Copys and just get New Features if the Gateway Team release new FW updates which are compatible with the clones or could be reversed and rewritten for those cards.

Same here as for original Games. If you won't support the Dev's don't get mad if they stop releasing new Features (until a new Hardware-Revision or else).

Reactions: justinkb

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is they are not necessarily 1:1 copies. They often use poorer materials to minimize cost and maximize profits.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cheaper version of hardware like use of ROM chips instead of NAND chips that make good flashcarts upgradable.

R4 clones tend to use ROM chips to reduce the cost at the cost of being able to survive a 3DS firmware update.

Why spend 20 bucks on a NAND module when 2 bucks gets you a burn once ROM module.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.