Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway-logo.png

Our work is close to completion, but as our users know, we care very much about quality and we won't release our new firmware before it has been tested in depth and approved by our beta-testing team.Besides better compatibility for the latest roms, we also have in the meanwhile started working on some new features that will surprise and please you all. There are many more good things to come in the future of Gateway 3DS and its users. The Future is Gateway 3DS !

On a side note, there has been a first clone announced under 2 different brand names.
We want to advise people interested in this product that it is a simple clone based on our 1.0 firmware (with all its limitations), with cheap Chinese design and components. It will inevitably fail and brick over time with or without updates as it is using our software which was not designed for their hardware.
By purchasing this device, you face the certainty of an unsupported and dead product before long. Please keep in mind the short life span of such products before going through a purchase, you might end up thinking you have been scammed.

We provide support and innovative features unprecented by any other team before, and we will continue doing so with firmware updates that everyone can enjoy.
We will be back soon with 2.0 firmware and more exciting news about the future of Gateway 3DS!

:arrow:Gateway 3DS Website

Reactions: wiiluver135

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I'm hoping one of those features that will "surprise and please" us all will be support for more than one game on a MicroSD card. Until that happens, it's too much of a pain in the ass to even thing about GW.
I think they already mentioned multirom in the previous news update (the faq). So, if it's a surprise as they say, it should be something else. Probably cheats and screenshots to show-up smea. :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally some great news! I really hope those cheap clones never see the light of day.

Oh that should be easy, just write intentionally bad reviews on the clones' websites. Or just not buying them; I hope that they never see the light of day, clones are a detriment as far as I'm concerned.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really do not see how writing a bunch of negative reviews on these clones will have that much of an effect. So long as a cheaper option exists, there's always going to be somebody that falls prey to it and spends their money on it. :/

Reactions: porkiewpyne

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think they already mentioned multirom in the previous news update (the faq). So, if it's a surprise as they say, it should be something else. Probably cheats and screenshots to show-up smea. :P

As much as I would like those features, I doubt they will work on a screenshot feature since it has nothing to do with the purpose of a flashcard. :(

So the Gateway uses pro Chinese design and components? Gateway is China-manufactured btw...

lol'ed

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Gateway uses pro Chinese design and components? Gateway is China-manufactured btw...

Theres a difference between "Made in China" and "Cloned in China". When something is cloned, its made with the cheapest components that fit the bill in order to maximize profit and lower manufacturing costs, hence the poor support and reliability.

Reactions: Parasite X

TheBlueSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the same thing is said by Nintendo yet we still use Gateway on the 3DS. Blah blah unauthorised device, brick etc....

If Gateway said this thing after actually researching the clones in details, it would have been more believable. I think they are shitting bricks at the moment. I don't blame them, I would too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1