Gateway 3DS Team Response to Clones and 2.0 update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Devin, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Devin
    OP

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Or perhaps it's something called the "truth" which is something you might be oblivious to. They've also contacted multiple beta testers via email pertaining to the 2.0 beta. Of those being Pong and myself. So once again. It's not even in the hands of beta testers so it'll be a few days before the 2.0 update goes public. That's if it doesn't get leaked again and if there aren't any major bugs.

I'd be happy to screenshot the emails if that'd quell to your doubts. Unless they of course were contacting beta testers directly to lie about there being a 2.0 beta being sent out soon. In that sense they could also be lying about the 2.0 update entirely.

2. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Yeah well I don't know how their beta testing process can be reliable then, they don't even have a database to register their users nor a real forum so how can they know which people can be reliable beta testers or not or expand their beta testers crowd ?

I heard they contact some scene related people randomly as they must know them from previous products they released but that's not a reliable way of doing imo.

Their software is good though so I'm not gonna bitch more...

3. dezmen

dezmen GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Saying that almost 6 year old company can't do it is dumb you know... GW3 is only half a year on 3ds cards field, they only did 3ds hack only by planets will and there is no 100% insurance that they will do it for 4.5+. I bet they will just gonna release updates for their firmware, adding new stuff bla bla but it won't work on consoles with 4.5+ firmware. Even tho, they are using blue card from other teams since they didn't invent it so they just "clone" it (YEAH, GW3 clonessssss)...
    Time will show all. We can only make bets thread to enjoy waiting :D

4. Idaho

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Afaik R4i team are just cloners even on the regular DS/DSi scene, so well your argument is invalid...

5. dezmen

dezmen GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Even that, their products are well known and sells pretty damn nice...

BTW, when GW3 first mentioned about 4.5+ support? 3-4 month ago?

6. Idaho

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Higher firmware support is not their priority at the moment, stop whining, if it's possible to hack the 3DS on 6.X firmwares they'll do it, end of the line.

Not like hacking the shit out of a console was easy and takes only 4 months right ?

7. mr. fancypants

mr. fancypants that´s ´Sir´ for you!

Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    right here, right now
    dude my "pro tip"get a new 3ds 4.5 like i've done

8. dezmen

dezmen GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    I think the most part of 3ds xl users actually waiting for 4.5+ support from GW3, damn even I would buy GW3 if they would do it.

how about playing new games like X&Y, zelda etc?

9. mr. fancypants

mr. fancypants that´s ´Sir´ for you!

Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    right here, right now
    one 3ds on 6.3 one on 4.5

10. dezmen

dezmen GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    + i'm aiming for pokemon Y edition 3ds xl.... soooo... yeah...

11. Idaho

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    How about Gateway team will bring support for these games ? And even if those don't work with Gateway you'll still have EMUNAND.

tyons likes this.
  12. dezmen

dezmen GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Still doesn't solve issue with pokemon themed console... Guess no gw3 for pokemon version 3ds xl anytime soon :sleep: Wonder if i can play DS games with blue card on it?

13. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Yep, you can play almost every DS game with the blue card. It's a normal DS mode flashcard.
    You can even use the Ace3DS AOS if you don't like the official one.

14. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    That's the whole point. This is what businesses do, give a non-answer in order to keep public interest. My guess, they haven't a clue as to any exploits available beyond 4.5. They didn't even discover the initial exploit on 4.1-4.5. They simply built up on it and commercialized it. Don't get me wrong, they are doing a fantastic job with all the "planned" features on 2.0 and have taken the first leap for 3DS flash karts but I think their team don't know jack about exploits on 5.x and 6.x

Shitty cheap hardware? Once again, you don't know anything. Sure, clones are normally inferior but there hasn't been any real life user experience about 3ds clones that they have cheap hardware. In fact... the 3DSlink has been found to use a newer chipset as compared to the gateway.

So next time you make such comments about physical hardware, make sure they are not unfounded.

15. DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2013
    Croatia
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Even if gateway said we found a exploit in 4.5+ everyone would be looking like crazy to beat them in making money at it just imagine the only flashcard that plays on 6.3 that would sell like crazy. This way if they found something they are better off in being quiet about it and making it into a product that they will sell later. At least thats what i would do.

16. elunesgrace

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada

This is an interesting thought.

I'm not sure a group like Gateway would be so business minded though.

Most of these groups operate in an unstructured fashion, and make decisions ad-hoc and in a reactionary way. They don't think too much about long term.

While it might make business sense, I do not think they will make such a decision.

DarkKnigh_t likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted