Hacking Gateway 3DS no SD card reader.

Xolima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have one quick question . My gateway 3DS just arrived and I don't own an SD card reader and the only SD card I have is the 3DS default one. I only have the time to go and buy one in the weekend. Is there anything I can do with the gateway 3DS without an SD card reader? Can I do anything with a micro SD reader ?

Best regards

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can dump your cartridge on your 3DS SD card. You can backup your cartridge save (if its a card1 type game) You can backup your NAND. And you can format emuNAND (but don't do it before you backup your SD contents first) The only thing you can't do is play games since that requires the roms to be on gateways microSD.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If you have a phone that uses SDmicro cards, you can copy your games by using your phone.
You can dump your cartridge on your 3DS SD card. You can backup your cartridge save (if its a card1 type game) You can backup your NAND. And you can format emuNAND (but don't do it before you backup your SD contents first) The only thing you can't do is play games since that requires the roms to be on gateways microSD.
Yeah, he has a microSD reader, not a SD reader, so he can't really do much unless he has a microSD-> SD adaptor so he can put the launcher.dat file on there instead

Xolima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where did you get your gateway if u dont mind me asking

Playmods.uk . they send from cyprus, good price, took 8 days to arrive. Not a single complaint. Thank you all for your answers, I guess I have to hurry and buy an SD reader. One final question, the SD has to be 4gig in order to backup sysnand ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, I have one quick question . My gateway 3DS just arrived and I don't own an SD card reader and the only SD card I have is the 3DS default one. I only have the time to go and buy one in the weekend. Is there anything I can do with the gateway 3DS without an SD card reader? Can I do anything with a micro SD reader ?

Best regards
Do you have a laptop? They always have a built in SD card reader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro