Gateway 3DS, News and Information

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I rented the game Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate. He asked me the update 4.4.0-10E not 4.5.0. I am from Europe, Spain particularly. Can it be for that reason? Will operate the Gateway 3DS or do I need to be updated to 4.5.0?
I would try renting/borrowing a newer game to see if that helps. So long as you don't upgrade PAST 4.5, you should be good.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday I rented the game Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate. He asked me the update 4.4.0-10E not 4.5.0. I am from Europe, Spain particularly. Can it be for that reason? Will operate the Gateway 3DS or do I need to be updated to 4.5.0?

Just stay on 4.4 until you have the card there. If it works, you don't have to do a thing. If it doesn't, you can always get another game that will update you to 4.5. I don't see why you should take any 'risk' now.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just stay on 4.4 until you have the card there. If it works, you don't have to do a thing. If it doesn't, you can always get another game that will update you to 4.5. I don't see why you should take any 'risk' now.
I can't really think of any risk associated with getting a game to update his/her 3DS to 4.5 (if it ends up asking to update to a higher firmware, just cancel it), but I see your point. If you wait, it will only delay you temporarily.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't even think any games have shipped yet with higher than 4.5, so you won't get any games asking for higher.. I could stand corrected though

Reactions: taritas

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, have you noticed the news that Nintendo has won the lawsuit against flashcard company. Hope this wouldn't affect the gateway 3ds flashcard coming out...
They actually didn't sue the company, they sued a store that was selling flashcarts, will prob have no effect at all due to china (or w/e country they chose) being out of nintendo's jurisdiction. Piracy isn't really enforced in China.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't really think of any risk associated with getting a game to update his/her 3DS to 4.5 (if it ends up asking to update to a higher firmware, just cancel it), but I see your point. If you wait, it will only delay you temporarily.

I agree, I don't think the risk is in updating, just the person doing it. ;)
If you are to eager or don't know what you are doing, you might do something wrong (like update from the eshop or anything) and end up on 6.x. If you're ds is working fine then why update at this moment? Same thing goes (maybe even more) for people on 5.x who now want to update to 6.x because the card won't work on 5.x. Why update? If you want one of these Gateway-cards, just wait and see. You can always update, but you can't go back (for now at least).

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They say it's safe to swap games using the same sd card. That's great. I wonder if they have an actual GUI, or are using what some people mentioned in the first thread, some kind of power cycling that determines which ROM is loaded.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does this mean they are using ds mode for something? They mention bluecard is a ds card, also if they say their initial entry point is still available in 6.0 but will be patched after release would mean different exploit to yellow8's, possibly used his to make further progress

"Gateway will be shipped with 2 cards, the red Gateway shown in our video, which will handle 3ds backups, and a blue DS cart which will be used to prepare the console."

BORODA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean they are using ds mode for something? They mention bluecard is a ds card, also if they say their initial entry point is still available in 6.0 but will be patched after release would mean different exploit to yellow8's, possibly used his to make further progress

"Gateway will be shipped with 2 cards, the red Gateway shown in our video, which will handle 3ds backups, and a blue DS cart which will be used to prepare the console."
It is very likely, because they need to run custom code, and only something that can run it is a DS card. So probably they will use a DS card to trigger the exploit somehow and then you will need to insert the actual game card.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

This is just speculation from me, but il think they found a exploit in the nintendo ds virtual machine and break through the ds emulator/virtual machine into 3ds, so they are able to modify the system files ;) The fact that they are able to load and save savegames to the Nintendo3DS SD ´Card proofs, (if its real, but I'll trust them) that they have access to the (maybe whole?, or at least partially) 3ds system. So regionfree, gui etc would be theoretical be possible. IMHO

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Second 'blue' card may be used to trigger exploit and patch RAM or NAND so 3DS can skip some security checks on main Gateway card.
Also seeing some people referring and speculating about GUI... It most likely just PC tool for managing and transferring ROMs to SD.

Reactions: stephysanrio

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can see it now...
This october...
Oh no... we thought it would be quiet...
But no... A new flashcart has emerged from the depths of hell.
Which means...
Pokétards... as far as the eye can see. The flood gates have opened.

All and all, that's pretty cool with the flashcart but I cannot wait to see the reviews for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь