Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
being able to see the different background layers of CV IV (like walking behind the fence of the first level) in 3D would be rather enjoyable. my hopes are still held out for a virtual boy emulator that is accurate enough to support VB homebrew.

-another world

Reactions: totalnoob617

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
the virtual console is more a collection of nintendo's retro selection. we don't get a choice and its only sometimes the games people want. how do things like excite bike and twin bee make the cut but contra does not? perhaps its a marketing strategy or a hardware/emulation issue, but it makes more sense to me to flood the market with all kinds of retro games and ask next to nothing for them ($1-1.99). i would be more inclined to grab the 100+ games i enjoy all the time on emulation equipped hardware, if only they were available.

-another world
Yeah, I know what it is, I was just mentioning that technically, Nintendo does allow "retro gaming" even if it is a piss poor effort :P btw, why do you sign your posts? lol

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this will open up the 3ds ds side or if its just mainly towards the 3ds side.
Also its not to bad i had to do this back in my gba days. All these young kids and there fast internet and stuff lol......

But it does seem cool. Ill be watching this.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
3D classics is part of Virtual console
If you meant 3D classics and the other re-release of the normal games, you should have said so.
:wtf: lol because the subject of retro gaming, and games being re-released on the 3DS in their original console's format wasn't obvious enough. What exactly did you think I was referring to?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm, who are you referring to? For me, I prefer having all of my games on a single cart for the convenience and I don't like wearing out my contacts, that's it.

Everyone in general then. These types of comments like running multiple roms from the same flashcart was a complaint on the DS-X forums. Same thing with the gba flashcarts back in the day, people gave crap complaints about how they would need 2 or 3 of the same flashcart just to run what they wanted back then, be aware of the gba flashcarts back then only had 4MB and 8MB storage back then that the complaints are about.

GBA flashcarts of that size, 4MB and 8MB didn't even have a loader menu. There was even one that didn't even have SRAM.

Reactions: stephysanrio

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It baffles me so many people have this opinion. Yes, it can't do homebrew, but is does beat the 3ds's security which could be useful to homebrew researchers if they choose to study the card's tricks.

The homebrew and piracy scenes aren't mutually exclusive -- they can and often do build knowledge off of each other.

Nonsense. This doesn't help homebrew in the slightest. It doesn't "beat the 3DS's security". The card has no interesting "tricks". No more could be learnt from this thing than from a legitimate, retail game card. Why? Because it's just a clone of a legit card with a little hardware to read from a micro SD card instead of an on board flash chip. It doesn't "do" anything special or interesting.

Reactions: DiabloStorm

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the parallels of the first gba flashcarts and nds flashcarts mirrored here and the noobish entitlement complaints about the capacity per microSDHC. In a few years or maybe less we will likely be seeing microSDXC based flashcarts with loaders and hearing complaints from noobs that their 2TB microSDXC isn't enough and that swapping a the microSDXC is a pain.

It is the same crap complaints then as it is now, just in updated formats and in a different medium.[/quot

yes exactly and even if there is a manager ,where some games require over 4gb, and then the need for a fw ,os, and manager the max number of 4gb games that can fit on the max size micro sd hc card of 32 gb is like 3 anyways so a manager is not going to be all that much better unless the card is micro sd xc compatible
you can still only have 3 of the largest size games to switch from

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indies are also selling a great deal now. Proving that odd/different/new/conceptual are selling again. I hope the trend sticks and the entire industry shifts. I, for one, am getting really sick of 1st party games and huge franchises.

i have to ask, and perhaps suggest, that if you are so into retro gaming why are you looking towards the 3ds? this is precisely what systems like the dingoo and gcw zero are designed for.

-another world

well i for one want to play the retro games in 3d, but ninty will not make them, WTF,where are all the nes classics in 3d? i was expecting lots and lots of 3ds classics by now, the should have released loz 1 and 2 as 3d classic for the loz 25th anniversary and gave some type or promotion to get at least one of them for free in a 3d classic,
nintendos marketing strategy SUCKS

thats why i bought a 3ds with a 3d screen,

NINTENDO
38414840.jpg

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nonsense. This doesn't help homebrew in the slightest. It doesn't "beat the 3DS's security". The card has no interesting "tricks". No more could be learnt from this thing than from a legitimate, retail game card. Why? Because it's just a clone of a legit card with a little hardware to read from a micro SD card instead of an on board flash chip. It doesn't "do" anything special or interesting.
Its a cheap way to feed the 3DS modified data.
Could be usedfull to poke the encryption/signing a bit.
(Even when implementing well secure algorithems people make mistakes that make them insecure (see strcomp).)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a cheap way to feed the 3DS modified data.
Could be usedfull to poke the encryption/signing a bit.
(Even when implementing well secure algorithems people make mistakes that make them insecure (see strcomp).)

The people who need them (i.e. neimod & yellows8) already have ways of feeding data to a 3DS (e.g. neimod's JTAG setup), and anyone else who has some decent idea of some potential exploit could contact them and sort something out, I'm sure.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
well... It's time to get some 3DS Roms??
then.. someone recommend me games...
maybe...
Sonic Generations
Spirit Camera
PKMN RumbleBlast
Paper Mario
RE: Mercenaries
Luigi's Mansion
hahahaha I'll buy later the ones I like... I'll use the gateway to test the games... I'm sure Nintendo will block it... and I want to play PKMN X/Y :3 so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D