Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Can i just say that unless Someone do a review of this cart, no one can accurately tell what it can or can not do.
Unless someone has it in their hands and unless time has passed.
Everything else is guessing. Just a friendly reminder... ^_^

---
By the way, i hope that Decapping is in progress :D
Where can i follow it, i mean the progress that is? (link please ^^)

I remember that i waited to hack my Wii for 3 years, but it was also Free, except i had to buy SD card which cost almost nothing. But estimation that Getaway could be 50$ ~ 100$ is just to much. But as time passes by tech stuff go down with the price.
I think i'l wait a little more...

janii

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What do they mean with:
- Is it one microSD per game?
Currently yes.

I thought by the time they ship out they would have their game manager built and running.
Looks like it aint. Or not at this moment.
So would it have an Game Manager (multiple ROMs in 1 card) in the near future?
Either by a fully new flashcard (from gateway) or by updating it somehow (firmware)?
New flashcards with new features will come asap after the release of gateway, but if its possible to update it by firmware or something to get new features (like the manager or whatever) i would get it.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What do they mean with:
- Is it one microSD per game?
Currently yes.

I thought by the time they ship out they would have their game manager built and running.
Looks like it aint. Or not at this moment.
So would it have an Game Manager (multiple ROMs in 1 card) in the near future?
Either by a fully new flashcard (from gateway) or by updating it somehow (firmware)?
New flashcards with new features will come asap after the release of gateway, but if its possible to update it by firmware or something to get new features (like the manager or whatever) i would get it.

Read the conversation il postet earlier:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-first-3ds-flashcart.348900/page-5#post-4663234

should answer your questions ;)

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the FAQ they throw out words like 'currently', 'eventually', and 'possibly' to keep interest in this product.

As Pong has stated, Nintendo will easily kill the card with an update, so it's going to be another PS3 scenario. Considering the upcoming games like Pokemon X/Y and Arkham Origins: Blackgate, I have no interest in purchasing this product if you'll not be able to update the 3ds firmware, which all signs indicate.

Reactions: stephysanrio

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's all up to how they're managing to load the games in the 3DS. If they levereage on some system Nintendo uses for its legit titles, Nintendo will have to do extensive testing to be sure of not breaking anything while they block the Gateway.

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds supports carts up to 8GB(nintendo themselves confirm this) but I doubt we'll see any games of that size until way way in the future. Look at the ds, the _only_ 2 games to use the 512MB carts are pokemon b&w2. And they're _only_ using 260MB of data in total. So don't expect _any_ games using 8GB total until 3++ years from now at the earliest. Also to teh guy who's talking about fat32? Why the hell would you want that? Use ext2 or flashfs. Both are _way_ faster and support sd cards up to the bajillions of gigabytes. Otherwise you're going to have issues since ex-fat is patented and getting software to work with it is "fun" at the least. I mean yes we are talking about flash cart makers here, but still exfat isn't very common anywhere but windows and maybe mac osx.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well count me out right now in buying one... I hate the fact that you have to put one game on a single micro-card.

OscarRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Which game was that?!?!?! I was trying to remember today lol... And yes I hate the fact that you can't rlly do much with the save...

Lol mario ^_^ the 8 bit version

Well count me out right now in buying one... I hate the fact that you have to put one game on a single micro-card.

At least the bright side is that the system is finally hacked. We can't always get what we want... Lol, show some appreciation at least.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see R4i and Gateway come together. I think with 2 great minds and support, it can be an amazing hack :)

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the bright side is that the system is finally hacked. We can't always get what we want... Lol, show some appreciation at least.

Oh I'm thrilled it was hacked... I just hope there is room for better improvements in the future!! :)

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I just hope the WiiU could be hacked really soon.... where we can play WiiU games on a hard-drive that is!!

:P

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3ds supports carts up to 8GB(nintendo themselves confirm this) but I doubt we'll see any games of that size until way way in the future. Look at the ds, the _only_ 2 games to use the 512MB carts are pokemon b&w2. And they're _only_ using 260MB of data in total. So don't expect _any_ games using 8GB total until 3++ years from now at the earliest. Also to teh guy who's talking about fat32? Why the hell would you want that? Use ext2 or flashfs. Both are _way_ faster and support sd cards up to the bajillions of gigabytes. Otherwise you're going to have issues since ex-fat is patented and getting software to work with it is "fun" at the least. I mean yes we are talking about flash cart makers here, but still exfat isn't very common anywhere but windows and maybe mac osx.

Etrian Oddyssey IV uses a 1MB save file, whats your point in referencing DS when information on most 3DS titles already exist.

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds alright for 1st-gen tech, but until this supports multirom and homebrew is viable, it's basically a piracy device backup player.

Baby steps.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At least the bright side is that the system is finally hacked.
Not really. Tricking a system into thinking a close-copy of a legit cart is a legit cart isn't a "hack". For it to be a hack in my book, there must be some custom code running of some sort. Even just a small modification of existing code would probably qualify.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to buy a couple.

I was interested in collecting old DS flashcards, but I got into them to late. A lot of the older cards were no longer avaliable.

So I'm going to start on 3DS cards instead.

Reactions: stephysanrio

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, basically as long as someone plays one rom at a time, you'd only need a minimum of one 4 GB SD card, correct? It was never mandatory to hoard piles of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5