Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm a bit confuse by what people are saying still and the message from GaryOpa.

If there is a game manager that they just hadn't finished that actually runs on the 3ds itself, then wouldn't it have to be using an exploit and custom code, making this a homebrew device? Also it should, in fact, allow region-free gaming if that is true.

we don't know at this point, is all speculation, but it could be run in DS mode, restart the console and run the game in 3DS mode.

or, it is indeed homebrew

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god, so no SD card per ROM? Someone please quote this post saying that for sure you will buy it, and update yourself to say it worked.

So far it seems to be a legitimate card, however we have no detail of the actual features as all thats been said in the forums is speculation. If it is indeed a flashcard of some sort i will purchase it, considering that its less than $80 and i will test it out since i have got tons of MicroSD cards etc etc.

PhillipDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
OKAY! AT LEAST CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THEY ARE GOING TO BUY IT WHEN IT COMES OUT? WHAT THE FUCK MAN? CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@

Hahahahaha, "CALM DOWN" he says.

Anyway. It's a lot of stuff happening in just one week. The decapping fundraiser hitting it's mark, this flashcart and E3 just around the corner. I don't want to get my hopes up but it feels like the real deal. I'll definitely try and invest on one as soon as a retailer close to me starts selling~!

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Oh wow, why so much complaints, 1 rom per SD is a big step forward, and remember, when you were 10 years old, you could just play one game at a time because your spare money wasn't enough for buying all the games you wanted (unless you were a spoiled brat who just had all the games he wanted -I'm a little jealous)...
Plus, it might dissuade glutton pirates who want to have ALL GAEMS 4 FREE, and just leave some "oh, I'll try it, if I like it I'll buy it"... It might.

Hoping there will be a giant, unexpected surprise like "Oh, and we didn't mentioned it in our last video, but this little flashcard allows homebrews, region-unlock, and multiple roms on a single SD! And it costs like 5$ (with a free Link action figure)!"

OKAY! AT LEAST CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THEY ARE GOING TO BUY IT WHEN IT COMES OUT? WHAT THE FUCK MAN? CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@
Well, sorry for you, but I'm afraid nobody on the internet is going to buy a device that allows people to play 3DS roms when it comes out. Maybe in 3, 4 years, with a lot of luck... who knows? ;)

Reactions: PhillipDS

aleXXXps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually like that the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet. It's good to know that all of the games actually make money, therefore allowing more games to be made. A hack will be its demise...

daxzc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What makes anyone think what they say matters, honestly? I'm not going to be done until I inspect every bit of Gateway myself.

Look at True Blue, they said they were never going to reveal nor find the keys and here we are today. They could be just trying to drive us away from buying it for other users, avoiding many things that could make them lose money or the rights to sell the product entirely.

Hauro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually like that the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet. It's good to know that all of the games actually make money, therefore allowing more games to be made. A hack will be its demise...
It isnt actually a hack. A hack would enable homebrew. This is just acting like a real game. About the game manager... I don't know since it has to be homebrew code because I think its not possible to launch 3DS games from DS Mode.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

wat

this is piracy at it's best

Fire2box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Games don't make money if no one buys them regardless. Just because a pirate, pirates a game doesn't mean they would have ever bought it in the first place.

At least with piracy the game might get praise and recommendations between friends. Friends who find Torrent and memory card management too hard. ::rolls eyes::

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF this card is released; and IF piracy of the 3DS games begin; it may happen rapid; it may take a while to begin, either way sales and the talk of 3DS games and of course the flashcard, will begin to spread like wildfire and won't be able to stop. Both the Flashcard and the 3DS (System and games) will gain publicity. For Nintendo; its a lose and win.
Lose cause they will lose some sales from those who are really pirates and will never buy the game that they stole;
and Win for free advertising plus some sales for those who will be dumping the 3DS games.

Piracy does hinder the development of games. It discourages teams (Disney, Nintendo, Sega, and others) to make games when people are just gonna steal it.
But there are people who buy a game from Walmart; take it home; open the package seal; play the game; and hate it. Head back to Walmart to take it back for a refund, and they can't because its opened.. SOOOO what do they do? Keep the game, head home and buy a flashcard to try the games they want before they buy it; like the game; head over to Walmart and buy it; knowing they won't be taking it back because they love it..

Then you have the people Nintendo hates and loves to call "*scum".... Pirates.
People who sit online; take roms; use them; keep the roms; send it to everyone they know; and never give Nintendo a single penny (Except for the console itself which is 1 sale)

Point of all that.... Sometimes you have to get through the greedy to get to the needy... Pirates will always exist and try to pirate games. But there are those out there that like to buy the game to own it and for some; to collect. :) Hope you understand Nintendo. But this card will happen one day, and yes we know you will try to block it by giving us another 3DS firmware update that includes some awesome feature (Miiverse; 3D FlipNote, or a video chat app). But if we didn't keep you on your toes; you wouldn't never look this way to see that we are trying to tell you to (LOWER YOUR STINKING PRICES SO WE CAN ENJOY THE GAME TOO! YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE MILLIONS OFF A SINGLE GAME!!)
Yes; I fell better now :yaysp:

Now pour in the negative comments about some sub section of this post I have spent 20 minutes typing out to be just shot down like a video on YouTube in the comments. :lol:

** I don't believe Nintendo ever called pirates "scum" but we get the idea thats what they think.

Reactions: Syphurith

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
they actually start selling it in Japanese website, it cost 1000 yen
edit, i see you already know that

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
But there are people who buy a game from Walmart; take it home; open the package seal; play the game; and hate it. Head back to Walmart to take it back for a refund, and they can't because its opened.. SOOOO what do they do? Keep the game, head home and buy a flashcard to try the games they want before they buy it; like the game; head over to Walmart and buy it; knowing they won't be taking it back because they love it..

Then you have the people Nintendo hates and loves to call "*scum".... Pirates.
People who sit online; take roms; use them; keep the roms; send it to everyone they know; and never give Nintendo a single penny (Except for the console itself which is 1 sale)

That's why I'm satisfied with that "1 rom per SD" stuff (if at least we can erase a game on our SD to copy another, so we don't have to buy a SD each time we want to try a game)...
Because those "scum pirates" might be discouraged by having to play games one by one, but it could be perfect for the kind of people you describe, that just want to play a little of the game to see if they like it.

Well, let's see what it gives in a few weeks B-)

EDIT :

they actually start selling it in Japanese website, it cost 1000 yen
edit, i see you already know that

1000 yen and it is a "provisional" (don't know if it's the right word, heh...) price for preorder. They can make it 10x that price when they actually start selling it. Or at least that's what I understood *cough*...

opal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am ok with this only one game at a time thing. I will have to finish one game and then take the other one. The pirate syndrome will be lower and more games will be finished :yaysp:

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
If it means that u can't backup ur saves to the pc and then replace the card with another game... it means frustration. Hoping that at least give us some options on playing multi-games without barriers so that we are convinced.

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if we didn't keep you on your toes; you wouldn't never look this way to see that we are trying to tell you to (LOWER YOUR STINKING PRICES SO WE CAN ENJOY THE GAME TOO! YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE MILLIONS OFF A SINGLE GAME!!)

And my question is, why do they have to do that? They aren't selling food or taking advantages of a basic need of people. Is video games. We can almost consider this as a luxury. Is their business.

D

Deleted User

And my question is, why do they have to do that? They aren't selling food or taking advantages of a basic need of people. Is video games. We can almost consider this as a luxury. Is their business.

i agree (and also welcome xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica