Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

Loffah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Got my gateway cards today, 2 days after the purches. But it was weird as i only got the two cards, no gateway box, no mini sd card, no usb for the sd card. Only the two gateway cards worth around 130 $ together. Feels like alot of money, but i guess it isnt the hardware that i'm paying for.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my gateway cards today, 2 days after the purches. But it was weird as i only got the two cards, no gateway box, no mini sd card, no usb for the sd card. Only the two gateway cards worth around 130 $ together. Feels like alot of money, but i guess it isnt the hardware that i'm paying for.

Gateway doesn't by default come with a uSD card or a uSD card reader. That's entirely up to the reseller. But if you paid extra for those and it didn't come with them, then it'd be a problem. Also, the box is unnecessary, and hot damn, $130?

Loffah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gateway doesn't by default come with a uSD card or a uSD card reader. That's entirely up to the reseller. But if you paid extra for those and it didn't come with them, then it'd be a problem. Also, the box is unnecessary, and hot damn, $130?
I just expected it to be in the pack as it is needed to set it up. But i had the tools from the dstwo pack that i bought earlyer this year.
And yes just above 130 $ in norwegian currency.

cinhomartins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of course. If you download the 1.0 "firmware" of Gateway 3DS (.dat file) from their site and download a game rom containing the 4.5 firmware, you can safely update to 4.5.

Firmware 1.0 is was removed from their download page... does anybody know where to get it for those that want to update using a ROM?

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why everytime you post anywhere it's gotta be negative or sarcastic? Everytime your in an argument you say you "no longer have an intrest in piracy" Like that means something. Just chill.

You have it backwards as tends to be the general case on this fora. Try going back in thread/post history and see what happened and who started it first if you want to see. But for the most part, all I can glean from the two of you is that all you're doing is causing an amusement and still going off topic. I thought thread hijacking was against the rules of most forums and these types of posts are not part of the discussion of the OP.

I forgot about the ignore feature. Although.. now that these two know I probably ignored them they probably are pissy for whatever reason that happens is beyond me..but tends to be the general case.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
You have it backwards as tends to be the general case on this fora. Try going back in thread/post history and see what happened and who started it first if you want to see. But for the most part, all I can glean from the two of you is that all you're doing is causing an amusement and still going off topic. I thought thread hijacking was against the rules of most forums and these types of posts are not part of the discussion of the OP.

I forgot about the ignore feature. Although.. now that these two know I probably ignored them they probably are pissy for whatever reason that happens is beyond me..but tends to be the general case.

I don't know if you can see this but here goes anyway. I quoted your post as it didn't make sense. At no point did my post go off topic. Stop being so bloody sensitive.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can see this but here goes anyway. I quoted your post as it didn't make sense. At no point did my post go off topic. Stop being so bloody sensitive.

Just forget it. My post was the first time i ever replied to her in this thread saying chill with the sarcasm and i get accused of "thread hijacking" for amusement. So what was she doing this entire time baking cookies? Her grammar is full of holes anyway but she won't know that because she's ignoring us.;)

BACK ON TOPIC: I emailed gateway about questions concerning the nand backup feature and the "Future Gateway molds" they said would be released in about 2 months. I'll edit when i get a reply back.

Reactions: ipwndeveloper

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spent over 50 dollars on sd cards but i still would love to see them add multi-rom support menu. And since you cannot access the internet the feature I would really love to see is a cheating system implemented. :) I can say that it is highly unlikely but i can still wish :)

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i just wondering... how in the world are you gonna backup a 3ds game if you're already using the game slot with the blue flash card? i suppose that is gonna be stored in the SD but how? and why do you need a 3ds nand backup? and more important if this is gonna be compatible with 5.0 and forth?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wondering... how in the world are you gonna backup a 3ds game if you're already using the game slot with the blue flash card? i suppose that is gonna be stored in the SD but how? and why do you need a 3ds nand backup? and more important if this is gonna be compatible with 5.0 and forth?

Most of the time, with things like this, you get an interface that would be similar to loading up the program, and then following a series of commands given on screen, such as removing the gateway and then inserting the actual retail cartridge.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Most of the time, with things like this, you get an interface that would be similar to loading up the program, and then following a series of commands given on screen, such as removing the gateway and then inserting the actual retail cartridge.

Could it be possible that the key of the Gateway is the dat file? What I mean is maybe the menu would be accessible by simply using the DS profile exploit. If this is the case, their update could benefit even those who don't have the Gateway 3DS, but a functional DS flashcard.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be possible that the key of the Gateway is the dat file? What I mean is maybe the menu would be accessible by simply using the DS profile exploit. If this is the case, their update could benefit even those who don't have the Gateway 3DS, but a functional DS flashcard.

Maybe. I don't have my tin foil hat so I can't speculate on the matter without stepping on people's toes. :P

cinhomartins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Next time just remember that Google is your friend and almighty god:

Thanks for the link man! I would usually agree with you, but since i don´t have the knowledge to understand what is inside that file i reeeeally wasn´t interested in putting a file from an unknow source inside my 3ds... it could catch a cold, a venereal disease or spontaneously combust... :P

That´s what the community is for, right?! Thanks again bro!

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly never thought much of the Gateway, thinking they would get their quick buck and then get patched out by Nintendo. I was just going to wait until something of the caliber of the DSTWO came out.

Then they did region and firmware spoofing.

Now they appear to have Homebrew running with NAND Dumps and Game Backups.

Please reveal compatibility with 6.3... Please reveal compatibility with 6.3...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ