GateWay 3ds Blue card purpose?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by xdarkmario, Dec 8, 2014.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    ok so i am really soon going to push for buying a gateway 3ds, things are getting interesting with them.
    but i was wondering about something, i see that it comes with 2 cards and from what i understand one card (the blue card ) is a ds flash cart that has a app that triggers a reboot to the (Red Card) 3DS mode?
    but if thats so the blue card is basically a ds Flash cart? And i was wondering, I already have a DSTWO ds cart and if all it is is a ds app that triggers the 3DS mode on red card can i just get a red card and use my DSTWO Card to trigger the 3DS mode on the red card?
    i ask because on my old r4i gold i saw a option to reboot to to 3ds card or something like that i cant remember to well.
    despite the fact that i most likely wont find a red card alone and my FW is 9.2.0-20 (Last supported FW)
    would it be possible?

2. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
  3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    yes, any ds flashcart that can boot on 4.5 will work
    sent you a pm with the plugin

[​IMG]

4. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    The blue card is only an additional $3...
    Not sure why'd you avoid it.
    The 9.X exploit apparently runs without the blue card needed; so no DS mode flashcart required.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice