Not open for further replies.

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one can
I wouldn't say that. I mean with A9LH, no one can create magic. At least for now.
However, in the 3DS scene in general, I think it's fair to say that the efforts of the ReiNAND/Luma3DS teams, as well as solo developers like yourself (@d0k3), have proved to be pretty magical in exploiting what's available to us and simplifying many otherwise strenuous tasks. :yay3ds::wub:

ALSO, CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT TO NOT BASH RXTOOLS SINCE THAT LAID A MAJORITY OF THE FOUNDATION FOR OTHER CFWs, YOU SCRUBS. >_>

Last edited by Aether Lion,
Reactions: Spore2 and d0k3

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say that. I mean with A9LH, no one can create magic. At least for now.
However, in the 3DS scene in general, I think it's fair to say that the efforts of the ReiNAND/Luma3DS teams, as well as solo developers like yourself (@d0k3), have proved to be pretty magical in exploiting what's available to us and simplifying many otherwise strenuous tasks. :yay3ds::wub:

ALSO, CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT TO NOT BASH RXTOOLS SINCE THAT LAID A MAJORITY OF THE FOUNDATION FOR OTHER CFWs, YOU SCRUBS. >_>
And don't forget that rxTools started out as a free, non-piracy, Gateway Classic Mode emuNAND

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't expect any wonders, GW can't do magic either...
OTPHelpers N3DS 2.1 unbricking / reboot to 2.1 and all required checks for stuff you could have done wrong (three times, as you read, after each critical step, which might be overkill) is fully automatic via the One Click Setup. .

I can't find a dedicated OTPHelper release thread, so I'll just use this. Would it be possible to check the status of the wireless at the last corrigible moment (i.e. user can still exit OTPHelper, turn it on, and return to the process) before the 2.1 EmuNAND gets flashed to SysNAND? I don't know what would be the best way (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/NWMEXT:ControlWirelessEnabled) but might be a good way to noob-proof it even more. When I followed the guide to enhance a 2DS, it appeared to ask me to turn on WiFi much sooner than actually required.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tl;dr what you will get, in the best possible case - if you get it - will be exactly what everyone else already has, but with dragon graphics and in one download package (vs the multiple ones you have to download via Plailects guide). You will still have a somewhat neglegible bricking risk (because the 2.1 downgrade, especially on N3DS is not trivial), which will be as high (or: as low) as with the current means.
The risks of bricking are definitely the same in terms of functionality, although I think Gateway will automate the process (if not, include it all in a single package with even simpler instructions than what we currently have). This would help decrease various types of user error (Formatting wrong NAND, losing SD backups, etc) and help encourage more people to move from menuhax to A9LH. It could also provide a solution to get A9LH for 8.1J users like myself, so that's something to look forward to, too!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I can't find a dedicated OTPHelper release thread, so I'll just use this. Would it be possible to check the status of the wireless at the last corrigible moment (i.e. user can still exit OTPHelper, turn it on, and return to the process) before the 2.1 EmuNAND gets flashed to SysNAND? I don't know what would be the best way (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/NWMEXT:ControlWirelessEnabled) but might be a good way to noob-proof it even more. When I followed the guide to enhance a 2DS, it appeared to ask me to turn on WiFi much sooner than actually required.
It's worth noting that it's not a problem anymore if you don't have wifi enabled on 2.1. Removing the battery re-enables wifi on 2.1, even on the n3ds and 2ds.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
23/05/2016 – Final phase of beta testing before public release
Posted on May 23, 2016

First we would like to apologize for the small delay on the release of our latest firmware. The good news is that we have just sent to an extended panel of beta testers our newest firmware. If, as expected, all goes fine, the public release will be within 48 hours after that.

We indicated to this new panel of selected beta testers that they are welcome to share screen shots, videos, comments etc. on the pending release, so during that small wait, you should have most details on what is coming.

We understand the frustration of some of our users, but we value our customer’s safety before anything, and we felt this delay was necessary to bring you the best, safest, most complete and easy to use solution for N3DS, 3DS and 2DS.

Thank you for your continued support.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope this brings good news so that I can offload my Gateway to interested parties, had a great time with it but it's time to move on.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed a9lh on my o3ds while everyone is bickering this afternoon...
Now installing a9lh on my new 3ds that can launch Gateway... might have to wait a bit more :B I was expecting the delay.

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final push to clearing their ware house. After that time, Gatewait site will only show 502 or 404 forever.

Reactions: Kibido

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is interesting. A9lh installation and upgrade in 1 go (after getting down to 4.1)
How to setup (O3DS): (WE HAVE IDENTIFIED AN ISSUE WITH 9.x -> 2.x file sets, please use TM to first upgrade to 10.x before attempting to go down to 2.x on O3DS)
=================================================================
* Make sure you have WiFi configured and working
* Boot into GATEWAY 3DS SYSmode (Force GW Menu by holding down L, hold B while pressing A, then accept )
* Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
or:
* Boot GW_TIMEMACHINE.3DSX using your favourite homebrew entrypoint
* Launch GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
* !!! DELETE “Nintendo 3DS” folder from console SD card !!!
* Boot your N3DS into 2.x
* Open up web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
* Go to A9LH Installer
* A9LH will be installed & Sys nand restored via nand.bin
* Go to A9LH Installer any time here after to set up a fresh format of emunand from nand.bin
* Run Format Emunand if nand.bin is lost. ( fresh SD card only needs Launcher.dat to recover )

How to setup (N3DS): WARNING THIS CAN TAKE A LONG TIME :- CONSOLE MUST BE POWERED BY CHARGER
* Boot into GATEWAY 3DS mode using your favorite entrypoint
* Format emunand
* Boot into gateway mode
* Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine
* Boot into GATEWAY 3ds menu
* Select A9LH Installer
* Your (bricked) 2.x emuNAND will be transferred to your sysNAND
* Go to A9LH Installer
* Your NAND.BIN will be restored to SysNAND and A9LH will be installed
* Return to A9LH Installer here after to to restore your emunand partition from nand.bin
* Run Format Emunand if nand.bin is lost. ( fresh SD card only needs Launcher.dat to recover )

I'll be a while. Time to test. Gonna use my o3ds first since it's much faster to remove and replace the SD card than on N3DS or with wireless.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is interesting. A9lh installation and upgrade in 1 go (after getting down to 4.1)
How to setup (O3DS): (WE HAVE IDENTIFIED AN ISSUE WITH 9.x -> 2.x file sets, please use TM to first upgrade to 10.x before attempting to go down to 2.x on O3DS)
* Boot into GATEWAY 3DS SYSmode (Force GW Menu by holding down L, hold B while pressing A, then accept )
* Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
or:
* Boot GW_TIMEMACHINE.3DSX using your favourite homebrew entrypoint
* Go to A9LH Installer
* A9LH will be installed & Sys nand restored via nand.bin
* Go to A9LH Installer any time here after to set up a fresh format of emunand from nand.bin

How to setup (N3DS): WARNING THIS CAN TAKE A LONG TIME :- CONSOLE MUST BE POWERED BY CHARGER
* Boot into GATEWAY 3DS mode using your favorite entrypoint
* Format emunand
* Boot into gateway mode
* Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine
* Boot into GATEWAY 3ds menu
* Select A9LH Installer
* Your (bricked) 2.x emuNAND will be transferred to your sysNAND
* Go to A9LH Installer
* Your NAND.BIN will be restored to SysNAND and A9LH will be installed
* Return to A9LH Installer here after to to restore your emunand partition from nand.bin

I'll be a while. Time to test. Gonna use my o3ds first since it's much faster to remove and replace the SD card than on N3DS or with wireless.

So, basically exactly like the current process (Without some of the safety backups)?

I was expecting more flash, though I must assume the menus are littered with dragons.

Reactions: blackalabi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!