1. Fatalanus

Fatalanus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Romania
    Guys I have a question: Can you tell me how to set up GW coldboot into Emunand? I would love to try it. :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I want to say that MrJason005 and me are 2 different humans. xD

MrJason005 likes this.
  2. TuxSH

TuxSH GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Convering 3DS roms to CIAs is pretty easy, once you've done it once or twice (Decrypt9+3DS Simple CIA converter).
    Everybody has been being able to coldboot into other CFW since the very release of Menuhax (almost).

3. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

United States
    Its easy and now even quick to convert to cia, but it still takes a loooong time to actually install them, I have nothing against that personally because its a one time thing, but still with .3ds/.3dz files you just copy them to your red card and play, and it doesn't take 30 minutes to install.

cvskid likes this.
  4. TuxSH

France
    Put all your CIAs in a folder, batch install, go to sleep, done.

5. aos10

aos10 Yuuki chan

Saudi Arabia
    GW released a hombrew called GW.3dsx
    Place it inside 3ds folder and make cold boot read it.

6. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

United States
    True, gotta make sure that your card has enough space to do a batch install though, otherwise it will fail.

7. TuxSH

France
    It isn't hard to do, is it?

8. xdaniel

xdaniel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Yep, I fully realize all that, although I wouldn't necessarily agree with the "even if you own the original game" part. I mean, if worst came to worst, how would ex. Nintendo prove that this ROM of Super Mario World or Mario 64 is something I downloaded vs one I dumped myself? And even with ex. Virtual Console, if I already own a, or in some cases multiple, physical copies of an old game, I still think I should be allowed to play them on whatever I want.

As for ex. the different language versions, I agree that that's also certainly piracy, but at least it's (in my eyes anyway) "less morally wrong", if that makes any sense. For example, I have a Japanese CIA of Etrian Odyssey IV while owning the physical European release (bought new, had preordered it even, and almost played through it on cartridge), and I'm only using the former to test my save editor for the game and dig into the RomFS for unused content and the like. Full on remakes are a different matter, and stray much further into the realm of pure piracy.

Basically, I'm not trying to say I'm completely innocent because I am not, or that everyone else is bad for pirating stuff, or that Gateway is bad for making their cartridge (although I do kinda dislike all manufacturers of current-gen flash cart for making a business out of, basically, ripping off developers). Rather, that there's nuance to having a hacked 3DS and to participating on these forums, and that neither means that someone is all piracy, or all anti-piracy, or whatever.

9. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Greece
    If the biggest priority over everything else is supporting developers, then you might as well say that buying used games is like spitting in their faces.
    It's not piracy! Money's changed hands!

10. xdaniel

xdaniel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Yes, a used copy of a game doesn't benefit the developers either, but it also hasn't multiplied into potentially thousands or more downloaded ROM images.

For example, if 500 people all want to own a certain game retailing for 40€ legally, they need 500 copies of it which all have, at some point, been sold new by the developer/publisher - 40€ * 500 = 20000€. If 499 of these people just download it from the one person who bought it, only one copy has been sold by the developer/publisher - 40€ * 1 = 40€. So who'd be spitting into the developer's faces here?

Yes, this is likely an exaggeration, and developers probably lose less money on piracy than what many people might believe. Still, in principle, I believe that comparison to be valid.

11. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    sysnand backup, I believe the solder points were confirmed.

12. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    Am sorry. I don't quite know how to do that :P Imgur doesn't given the option of posting thumbnails or a resized version of the image.

Sorry for the annoyance though :)

13. TuxSH

France
    Ca. 55,000 people have downgraded their 3DSes, mostly for piracy.
    Let's say each one of them installs 25 games.

How much money has been lost?

14. tony_2018

United States
    yes everyone copies someone, GW just makes it easy with their card, no need to boot into multiple things, you load up GW menu and go into there emunand and it just allows you to have region-free, cheats, play 3ds/3dz or CIA. Rolled into 1 card thats all. I haven't tested 10.3 emunand on n3ds to confirm its fully supporting all the above features but it probably does since they released it after reinand released there partial support for 10.3.

15. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

Germany
    Little to no money at all because most of the people who pirate wouldn't have bought the games anyway

16. tony_2018

United States
    Question should be who are you referring to when you are asking how much money has been lost.

17. TuxSH

France
    After the mch2 public implementation.

18. Uring

Uring Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    YEAH, finally I am going to get high on that stability improvement on n3ds.

19. Fatalanus

Fatalanus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Romania
    Uring, you've seen how much it is stable? I mean SUPER stable!!

20. Hagslayer5

Hagslayer5 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    im on 10.3 should i wait for gateway 3ds to update again

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Gateway, emunand, support