Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,432
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. People wouldn't stop complaining about support so they released a test version with a method they have working. It's a beta release. NOT FINAL. Beta means test. It is still in the test phase. If they released this saying "This is the final release. Enjoy!" that'd be a lie. They released what they have currently using the best, most stable exploit they have currently. Yes, it requires extra hardware but their statement about not requiring extra hardware is meant for the final release. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

So do you believe that they have a method working behind the scenes that does not require anything beyond the N3DS and the GW cart?

At this point I believe they have one method, OoT. I haven't seen anything else to indicate they have or will have a method that only requires the GW cart.

Mitch2025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you believe that they have a method working behind the scenes that does not require anything beyond the N3DS and the GW cart?

At this point I believe they have one method, OoT. I haven't seen anything else to indicate they have or will have a method that only requires the GW cart.

Yes I do believe they have another method. The reason for not releasing it? IT ISN'T STABLE. They might not have another working method but I believe they do. They have proven time and time again that they deliver. The damn console has only been out 3 months. People are acting like this is the final method and I can guarantee you it isn't. They ran into roadblocks and rather than make people wait longer, they release a way for people to use their product. They are not just simply coding their own software. They have to poke holes in software that is designed by teams of engineers that develop it for years so they can't. Finding exploits is difficult as hell and you all are acting like they just can't code or are withholding information from us. What the hell do they have to gain by requiring people buy OoT? It's not like if you buy a copy of OoT they get more money. Jeeze, they release a half finished update to stop people bitching and it just causes more bitching. If I were GW, I would just quit and develop for myself.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been daft/brave [delete as applicable lol] enough to attempt a New 3DS downgrade yet..? Can't see it going anything but tits up but am curious as to what happens if you try it lol :)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been daft/brave [delete as applicable lol] enough to attempt a New 3DS downgrade yet..? Can't see it going anything but tits up but am curious as to what happens if you try it lol :)

I'm sure it would too because 8.1 at minimum is probably required for the N3DS to work right. Therefore it would be nonsense to downgrade to that because you would have to use the same method to boot and would lose some functionality in sysNAND.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that a black system? Hopefully they still have them next month when I can get one.
Even the reds out there right now are 9.0. Nintendo shipped newer inventory first which is why some launch reds were 9.4. Now they're shipping older inventory which is all 9.0, even reds. Once the old inventory is gone I think that will be it for GW compatible N3DS XLs. Good idea to get one as soon as possible

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Where is 2Hack? Did he die of disappointment because of the need for OoT?
I'm alive... just busy with life and such lol.
The guy went out and bought 8 of them he was so excited.
What kinda freak would need 8? :P ;) tbf, I ordered them before it was announced. My sauces guided me correctly :P

Reactions: logg

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I get busy for a few days and don't check this site and look what happens. Lol

You all have me to thank for the release. I was holding it up the whole time. :)

I have answered hundreds of questions so maybe someone can help me out with a noob one.

We have 3 N3DS in our family and an old 3DS. In order for us to remain independent will I need 3 copies of OOT to keep make sure we can launch the exploit at any time?

2. does this mean no wifi access is required?

Thanks all.

1. Not really? I mean you could just boot up the exploit, then pass of the hacked cartridge off to the next person. Rinse then repeat. OoT is only needed for less than a minute to boot up the exploit, not to maintain it.

2. No wifi required! :yaynds:

Reactions: thorasgar

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes I do believe they have another method. The reason for not releasing it? IT ISN'T STABLE. They might not have another working method but I believe they do. They have proven time and time again that they deliver. The damn console has only been out 3 months. People are acting like this is the final method and I can guarantee you it isn't. They ran into roadblocks and rather than make people wait longer, they release a way for people to use their product. They are not just simply coding their own software. They have to poke holes in software that is designed by teams of engineers that develop it for years so they can't. Finding exploits is difficult as hell and you all are acting like they just can't code or are withholding information from us. What the hell do they have to gain by requiring people buy OoT? It's not like if you buy a copy of OoT they get more money. Jeeze, they release a half finished update to stop people bitching and it just causes more bitching. If I were GW, I would just quit and develop for myself.

GW having a cardless exploit is pretty unlikely at this point. You believing in it won't help that. Of course it's much easier to find an exploit if you can use the whole range of software available for the console. Your options are quite limited as long as you stick to the applications that are available on every console from the very beginning. The O3DS had Spider and MSET, which both can't be used on the N3DS (Spider not being part of the firmware anymore and MSET being available only in its patched form). Maybe this Mii Plaza exploit thingy was actually a thing. If it was, it prove to be pretty worthless, since it seems to have broken more than just a few games (many of the good ones, actually). So, they'd need to come up with something totally new which no one thought of yet. And as stated above it needs to be part of the firmware to be convenient. And something like that isn't accomplished within a few weeks, maybe not even months.

Can't agree with you on the point of GW being the savior that doesn't get enough appreciation. Broken promises are involved in this. And GW actually did these promises to sell their card to some customers. Gladly, I bought my GW way before this, enjoying it for quite a time now, and thus I'm not entitled to anything beyond what I was promised when I got mine, but I still can understand those who just bought a GW flashcart for their N3DS, thinking that they could use it without any extra hardware (as stated by GW themselves in an announcement). GW owes these people something for their money. GW are not free-time devs. They are paid for their work. And you have to be a very big scumbag for wanting to quit just because you yourself made the mistake of upsetting the people who fund your life.

Edit: Feel free to tell me about your very situation right now. Do you even have a GW flashcart? And if yes, do you have an N3DS? And if yes, do you have all the requirements to use GW on it?

If either all of your answers are all yes, all no or just no on the last two questions then I couldn't ever take you seriously, because your point of view is based on you not being affected by this at all. "What do I care, so why should someone else care?"

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The irony of trying to use a Sky3DS to launch OOT so we can start Gateway Launcher is extremely amusing.

true but honestly I'm not gonna wait 3 weeks for an OoT JP copy, and pay for it 60€. (customs...)
I prefer getting a Sky delivered next day and selling it in a month or two and get almost all the money back.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else think the days of current gen flashcart retailers are numbered? With KARL 3ds almost done, it may be only a matter of time before someone reverse engineers the code to allow for running of unsigned games on the new 3ds. I'm pretty sure gateway saw the writing on the wall which is why they hastily released this version. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Kohmei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...