Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
"am i daft?" no and im not a fucking psychic either.
they should have put a brief description on their site what to do at least put it in the .txt in the download
i didn't even know there is a DG option in the menu because i have not used 3.0 or 3.2 and i think i plan to wait for a non beta version
im just trying to see what they are doing i am not planning on using it yet
i was expecting then to put a more detailed warning at least about min fw version
yeah excuse people for not knowing about something that came out like 15 minutes earlier

you should explore the gateway menu when you first load it up, the icons and text under them is pretty self-explanatory.

comp1demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My RedCart was inside, didn't try without.

SO I just went to Bestbuy and bought a silver 3DS XL - It has 9.0 on it.

Once i get my (2) gateway I can downgrade this DS to 4.5 and then install DS exploit with blue card and then install EMUNAMD and upgrade to 9.4 on the emunamd leaving sysnad at 4.5?

Mauwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SO I just went to Bestbuy and bought a silver 3DS XL - It has 9.0 on it.

Once i get my (2) gateway I can downgrade this DS to 4.5 and then install DS exploit with blue card and then install EMUNAMD and upgrade to 9.4 on the emunamd leaving sysnad at 4.5?

Yes - you got it right ;)

I just formated my SysNAND to unlink it from EmuNAND, also worked fine. Didn't know that I need to install the Exploit again, but still everything works very well. Good Done Team Gateway ;)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should explore the gateway menu when you first load it up, the icons and text under them is pretty self-explanatory.

yeah it probably is but i think i am going to wait it out a little more for few days at least to see if we get a more stable version and for the bugs to get worked out i kinda feel especially with the DG that they want us to be the guinea pigs , i mean it is a beta afterall ,ill wait

Doc-Ziggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
just did a downgrade from 9.2E to 4.5.0-8E. went smoothly!
it's good to be back in the land of the 4.5 :D

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Every business withholds information. They would be financially dead within months if they didn't.

I enjoy watching how people hold a pirate cart group to a higher standard than actual corporations, though.

Not every business works the same though, and even less would get away with such behavior, if it wasn't for the monopoly they hold on most of the 3DS's scene.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Grand success, I'm in the 4.5 club with my 25th anniversary zelda edition 3ds ^^.

The exploit still needs to be run every time the console is powered off still though, right?
Only difference being that it's an offline exploit, or so I imagine?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not every business works the same though, and even less would get away with such behavior, if it wasn't for the monopoly they hold on most of the 3DS's scene.
What exactly are they "getting away with?" Constant updates and fulfilled promises for new features? How horrible of them.

Honestly, they could have just sold a bunch of units and then disappeared. There would be no repercussion for that. Plenty of other flashcart groups have done so. Gateway, OTOH, has provided better support/update consistency than many "legitimate" businesses and developers.

Mrbaghead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you downgrade a 2DS?

I think it's too risky, 2ds doesn't have a wifi button and 4.5 doesn't have the wifi button either, also a 2ds has never been on 4.5 before, while an XL and regular have. You should wait for someone else to confirm first.

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's too risky, 2ds doesn't have a wifi button and 4.5 doesn't have the wifi button either, also a 2ds has never been on 4.5 before, while an XL and regular have. You should wait for someone else to confirm first.

Trying to decide between 2DS and 3DSXL NES Edition...both are on sale for 99 and 159 respectively. I already have a n3DS sitting here with a couple Australian games, just planning on playing retail carts for the most part, would like to be able to play games from any region on either of my 3DS'.

Zer0xPoint

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Should be when some others wake up as the world turns around the Sun appears in their window. -- We are all burn'ed out.. -- I am been up almost 48 hours non-stop, I crashing in about 30 minutes. -- I am on my 40th cup of coffee, and not working anymore to stay awake.
My Twn version still doesn't work ,it crash every time:((
I just can't see the dinosaur :((((

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone bricked their 3ds trying to downgrade?
Don't take people's silence as confirmation that it's safe haha. I did it without a nand mod but with all of the equipment right near me and the skills to nand mod, but y'know I got away without having to nand mod so it's still untouched, so very nice indeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s