Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on 4.5 (or the 4.2 downgrade) you can do the 1 time exploit with the blue card. After that you dont need the blue card with you. Unless you launch a DS rom, then it wipes the exploit. However, you can still launch the web exploit if you have internet. Until you get back to your Blue Card.

The only way you can launch a ds rom anyways is with the blue cart right? Or do you mean a physical ds game will wipe it as well.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have downloaded the gateway software, there should be a guide with it that describes how to use emunand afaik.

PS: i am surprised how many people these days just do not seem to read anymore...and rather go the easy way and ask.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do i accesss emunand with v4.5? Going to downgrade tomorrow.

The emunand can launch on 4.5 exactly the same as on 9.2 via the web. OR install the blue card exploit, then instead of going into the web browser, you launch GW from System settings, Other settings, Profile and finally Nintendo DS profile. Left button functions the same as the web exploit if you want the GW menu.

Edit: this has truly been a stellar update.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way you can launch a ds rom anyways is with the blue cart right? Or do you mean a physical ds game will wipe it as well.

Anything that runs in DS mode will wipe the exploit and make you have to run it again. DS flashcart, retail DS game, going back into the DS profile settings after you've launched the exploit, etc.

Reactions: FusionDragon

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Physical NDS Cart will remove the DS profile GW install too.

Edit: I'd get a DS lite or some form of DS for DS games. The Blue GW card is also an excellent DS rom cart on a real DS.

BirdsAreSpies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
If you have downloaded the gateway software, there should be a guide with it that describes how to use emunand afaik.
Well, maybe I'm blind or there is no guide included. Only a readme, containing the latest news and a "quick" guide, means one page as a PDF file and some pictures on it, how to format the sd card and how to start the old exploit.

3DSXLGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone want to help solve my mystery? :tpi:

Got gateway to boot up, backed up my nand and launched gateway, update prompt came up, I accepted it finished, turned it off, went to offload the NAND and add a game to the red cart sd card, come back to it now nothing works?

Doing the clear cookies/history thing and I'll get to the gateway dragon then it goes white screen then back to the system menu, try it again and it will go to gateway dragon and then just black screen with random colours sparkled.
I took the game off just to make sure it wasn't that, nothing... :\

BirdsAreSpies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

Got gateway to boot up, backed up my nand and launched gateway, update prompt came up, I accepted it finished, turned it off, went to offload the NAND and add a game to the red cart sd card, come back to it now nothing works?

Doing the clear cookies/history thing and I'll get to the gateway dragon then it goes white screen then back to the system menu, try it again and it will go to gateway dragon and then just black screen with random colours sparkled.

Try holding L when the exploits triggers.

FusionDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emunand can launch on 4.5 exactly the same as on 9.2 via the web. OR install the blue card exploit, then instead of going into the web browser, you launch GW from System settings, Other settings, Profile and finally Nintendo DS profile. Left button functions the same as the web exploit if you want the GW menu.

Edit: this has truly been a stellar update.

One more noob question. The downgrade packs bring you back to 4.2 sysnand right. What would be the easiest way to then get to 4.5 sysnand

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, maybe I'm blind or there is no guide included. Only a readme, containing the latest news and a "quick" guide, means one page as a PDF file and some pictures on it, how to format the sd card and how to start the old exploit.

Oh D*mn, sorry, i probably saw it in earlier versions of the gateway software, i just looked myself and indeed they provide absolutely the minimum..
well, at least you got yours answer from others...

EDIT: you could also look at the great guides lemanuel made over at Maxconsole

Reactions: lemanuel

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more noob question. The downgrade packs bring you back to 4.2 sysnand right. What would be the easiest way to then get to 4.5 sysnand

really doesn't matter if youre on 4.2 or 4.5 since the gateway exploit works on 4.1-4.5. If you want 4.5 you'll have to find a cart with the 4.5 update on it.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The ONLY way is to get a real 3DS cart with a 4.5 update on it. (google will tell you the correct cart)However, I wouldn't bother, just stay at 4.2

EDIT: And remember folks, after you downgrade, backup your shiny new 4.2 NAND in case of accidental sysnand update.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal

Err....the pixel bug happens when you try to run the exploit while in gateway mode according to my observations.

Just asking, did you press select after going into gateway mode with the red cart inserted?

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country

Just to be sure, remove your SD card and plug it back in (while the 3DS is switched off) and then retry clearing history/cookies
Mine stopped working too and for some reason leaving the 3DS switched off for a bit with the SD out made it work (could be a coincidence)

edit: Unless you're trying to get to the Gateway Menu. Just hold L while exploit is loading

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

The dg brought me back to 4.5, not 4.2. Maybe this is different with the US pack, but I don't see a reason for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion