Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? So you are saying it had the GW3DS lettering, you exit system settings and then reentered expecting the system to remain with the emuNAND loaded? Because if that's the case, you weren't careful enough to check it the second time on system settings.

Yep I bet that's what happened I hope they fix that in the final version

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yep I bet that's what happened I hope they fix that in the final version

They pretty much won't fix this. It has been like that since GW 1.0: You exit GW mode turning off the system or entering to System Settings. If they ever manage to maintain the hack even after exiting system settings and rebooting, that would mean System Transfer would be possible, so I hope people ask for this if they want this feature for EmuNAND.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I didn't see that until after. But still, the warning still stands about using retail carts and losing your save data.
Nah, ur cart is screwed, i don't have any issues with corrupted save data

On another note, does anyone have like a 60-80% chance of hanging on trying to boot gateway mode?

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the SD card in the 3DS may be the what is causing some people trouble. I did my first Nand backup to the stock 4GB sd card that shipped with the XL. Everything went fine. Tried doing a backup to another 2GB card and it hung on reading never presented the progress meter. Went back and did it again with my 4GB card no problems. I have had no real problems with entering EmuNand mode....I have tried it a a half dozen times and only got the grey bars when I tried going directly in without first holding L and loading gateway menu....

Things are obviously a little buggy buts lets remember this is a beta...everyone cried 'Give us EmuNand now' so Gateway did.....I am sure they are ironing out the bugs and other features.....what is interesting is it appears Gateway's hand was forced as maybe the clone cards EmuNand is coming soon and Gateway didn't want to be beat to the punch.....the others made no mention of Multi-rom or Nand save so it will be interesting to see if their release is more stable as Gateway is working on more features and maybe they just focused on EmuNand.

Something is wanked in my internet connection tonight (I normally get 35mbit and can't even get 1 right now) so I am holding off on updating to 6.3 until tomorrow because don't want to chance a problem with slow download.

No system transfer is a bummer. That is what I was really hoping for as I really need to move content from my 6.3 XL to my Gateway unit...pretty much seals it for me in that I am now going to do the hardware mod so I can upgrade/downgrade at will and do my transfer. After watching the video it really is pretty easy (especiall on XL) I mean 4 wires is nothing and will be well worth the ability to do a real hardware restore of the Nand.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
They pretty much won't fix this. It has been like that since GW 1.0: You exit GW mode turning off the system or entering to System Settings. If they ever manage to maintain the hack even after exiting system settings and rebooting, that would mean System Transfer would be possible, so I hope people ask for this if they want this feature for EmuNAND.

Owell 2.0 has greatly exceeded my expectations can't wait for bravely default now!

m2300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
a quistion for people with gartig pokemon x can you have multiple saves if you use multiple sd cards(two emuNand) becaus me and my brother want to play the game and we share the device

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have already been posted, but has anyone tested if the eShop download versions of X and Y work?

Because if so, bring on the cloning :evil:

doctorandrew

Trophies
Website
www.doctorandrew.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my Pokemon Y to work. Did you have a save file before? Updating to 1.1 doesn't fix it either...

No, I didn't have a save file before. This is a "virgin" retail Pokemon X cart. I updated emuNAND to 6.3, and rebooted into Classic mode. Started playing Pokemon X and then exited out. Updated to 1.1 on ESHOP. Powered off. Came back on to play again, and save file loaded fine.

longgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS freeze (grey strip on both screen) every time i try to boot to GW/Classic mode from GW GUI :unsure: But it can boot normally to GW mode (choose DS Profile without holding L) :O Had anybody have same problem as mine, and if it's possible, could you tell me how to fix it ^_^

m2300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
My 3DS freeze (grey strip on both screen) every time i try to boot to GW/Classic mode from GW GUI :unsure: But it can boot normally to GW mode (choose DS Profile without holding L) :O Had anybody have same problem as mine, and if it's possible, could you tell me how to fix it ^_^
I had the seme problem until I tried Holding L both times when pressing ds profile and when choosing GWmode

Reactions: longgt

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't have a save file before. This is a "virgin" retail Pokemon X cart. I updated emuNAND to 6.3, and rebooted into Classic mode. Started playing Pokemon X and then exited out. Updated to 1.1 on ESHOP. Powered off. Came back on to play again, and save file loaded fine.
Hmm...let me try the save delete method on my small 3ds, turn it off, and see what happens then.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hurray, thank you for the confirmation!! Has Monster Hunter 4 and its saves been tested to be working like Gateway mentioned on previous news updates?

Monster Hunter is working, the only games not working are the ones based with NAND Saving, like Pokemon XY or Animal Crossing. Every game that has the 5.0+ SDK is confirmed working.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'm making a NAND backup now using the new 2.0 beta... but I don't see any option to dump a 3DS ROM image. Is this missing from the beta or am I doing something wrong? (Note that I didn't actually have a game inserted at the time, when I held L while pressing DS Profile)

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, what I did was delete my game save from the title screen on my small 3ds, exited out on the "select a language screen" and tried it on my gateway. Still nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password