Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did some tests regarding retail games and their saves. I used my retail game of the latest Layton game (didn't want to test with my Zelda cart with 20 hours in). I have 2 3DS XLs, one with 6.3 and one with 4.5.

I first started the game on my 6.3 system and saved the game. I then booted my 4.5 system into emuNAND classic mode. When the game loaded, a message came up telling that the save data had been initialized. So the save was lost. So in the game I saved the game again while in emuNAND classic mode, shut off the system, booted back into emuNAND classic mode and the save was still there.

Next put the game cart back into my 6.3 system. Upon start I again got the message about the save data being initialized.

To sum up: If you have an unplayed retail game, you should be able to play it and save in emuNAND classic mode. If you already saved on the game cart elsewhere, you risk losing your save game.

LolGuyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you are so scared about this, then don't update; it's not even necessary to support the newer games anymore.

If you want the new features available on 6.3, go ahead an update; just be careful and follow the given instructions as they are indicated.

So I can play Zelda or other 5.X games without updating the EmuNAND to 6.3?
I can just leave it at 4.5 and Play Zelda on it? just no e-shop and stuff?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I can play Zelda or other 5.X games without updating the EmuNAND to 6.3?
I can just leave it at 4.5 and Play Zelda on it? just no e-shop and stuff?

EmuNAND is not needed if you only play roms, same compatibility via both

How do I check if NAND partition was created?

When you go into system settings after going into gateway mode you will see your firmware version prefixed with a GW3D

Tony_92

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Anyone else get this error when trying to update emunand?

An Error Occurred. Unable to Update

I tried to update using two different access points, but I still get that error.

Scope92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is answered yet, but is it possible to play digital downloads that are downloaded after the emuNAND update on lower firmware? For example, play DD games that is downloaded from the latest firmware and then play it with the version 4.1.X-4.5.X firmware.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
update on mine gateway refused to boot with a 64gb SD card but is working flawlessly with emunand and 32gb SD card. now hopefully there will be a way of system transfer.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I don't know if this is answered yet, but is it possible to play digital downloads that are downloaded after the emuNAND update on lower firmware? For example, play DD games that is downloaded from the latest firmware and then play it with the version 4.1.X-4.5.X firmware.

once its on the SD card yes you can
but not all items downloaded will launch due to the SDK the game or App was built with

heres a example of what happens if its not compatible
(it does not delete the title either)
2013_12_01_21_29_56.jpg

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
sorry for slowpoke, but reading gateway 3ds team post i just see: we hate other cards, stop using them, use our card! we are the best!....

the gateway team looks like a 16 years old kid...

soadownz

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the grey lines issue every time I tried to run gateway mode. I ran the diagnostic tool and it said fpga = fail, so I took out and reinsterted the gateway card, redid diagnostics, all passed. Now it works fine every time, no grey line issue.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

No and it was proven way before emuNAND via hardware NAND backups.

There is a key that get's installed everytime you purchase a game. These are stored on the console NAND and make your downloaded games work with the system.

Since these keys will be missing on the real NAND, games adquired via emuNAND won't be detected

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are just trolling right?
So we left a few things out you say ? Well if it was so easy then others would have it already, or might falsely make videos of such claims .. anyway we digress ..
rest assured, unlike others, GW3DS is a fully featured and FULLY updatable hardware design.
This is probably what he was referring to.

Reactions: migles

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No and it was proven way before emuNAND via hardware NAND backups.

There is a key that get's installed everytime you purchase a game. These are stored on the console NAND and make your downloaded games work with the system.

Since these keys will be missing on the real NAND, games adquired via emuNAND won't be detected

once its on the SD card yes you can
but not all items downloaded will launch due to the SDK the game or App was built with

heres a example of what happens if its not compatible
(it does not delete the title either)
2013_12_01_21_29_56.jpg

Huh?

WhatchItFoool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions:

1. say i go Buy pokemon x/y from the eStore on emuNand, then pull out my sd card and crack it in half(then pour acid on it, then burn it, then shoot it into the son, THEN remember I didn't back it up). I put in a new sd card and reacquire emuNand 6.3.
Can i redownload pokemon x/y free of charge?

2. say i go Buy pokemon x/y from the eStore on emuNand, then pull out my sd card and crack it in half. I update my real Nand to 6.3.

Can i redownload pokemon x/y free of charge?

3. say i go Buy pokemon x/y from the eStore on emuNand. where is my save file located?

4. say i retail boot pokemon x/y on emuNand. Where is my save file located?

5. If i start a save on a retail boot pokemon x/y on emuNand, can i continue playing from an eStore version?

6.If i start a save on a retail boot pokemon x/y on emuNand, can i continue playing the from Gateway later(once gateway will boot nandsave roms)?

7.say i retail boot pokemon x/y on emuNand, can i continue playing the save from Gateway later(once gateway will boot nand-save roms)?

8. Does anyone know the actual reason why gateway will not successfully boot nandsave roms (yet), but retail and eShop can work on emuNand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P