Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I have a question. I'm only interested in playing the new Zelda game on my gateway and I've read that it works even without making a new emuNAND and updating. Is this correct? Do I have to reinstall everything or just replace the launcher file on my SD card to get the 2.0?

Here's what i was planning on doing. Put the new launcher on my sd card. Insert the red gateway with the zelda rom. Go into gateway mode as normal (without pressing L at the same time as I don't need to do anything else). Will Zelda show up just like any other game? The Zelda rom won't update my original NAND will it?

Really appreciate it guys if you can help me out!

rr

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

mine seems to download to the SD card fine and then booting back into 4.5 it recognizes the apps i got from the E-shop on 6.3

guess no keys in the NAND about downloads from E-shop
guess because its encrypted for each console it already knows its fine for mine
just the SDK doesnt match so fails to boot

Reactions: Duo8

aliak11

Pokemon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I installed emuNAND, I coppied my games back onto the sd card but they will not show up on the 3ds. I have checked both the actual nand and the emuNAND.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between "BACKUP NAND" and "FORMAT NAND"?
i know BACKUP NAND performs the backup of the NAND in the SD and partitions the SD card, and the FORMAT NAND option?

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is the difference between "BACKUP NAND" and "FORMAT NAND"?
i know BACKUP NAND performs the backup of the NAND in the SD and partitions the SD card, and the FORMAT NAND option?

Backup Nand --> Backsup the 3ds nand (so copy it on your pc afterwards keep it safe)
Format Nand --> Backups the nand and Organizes it on the sd card in the 3ds to use emunand

Also read the release notes its important to follow instructions 100%

*before doing the format nand better to copy your nand to pc as a keep safe*

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its been acknowledged that the sd card holding the launcher can be the problem, especially if it suffers fragmentation, all the people with issues, backup sd contents, format it and recopy back whats needed, if you havent backed up nand or done the format emunand setup, all that is needed is the launcher as your card will be wiped again anyway, once you have emunand setup, you dont really need to use the Gui and can just click ds profile to enter GW mode

Format emunand formats the card though? (or at least that is what it says), so should get rid of fragmentation shouldn't it?

Anyway, after a little bit more testing, I seem to have less trouble getting into emunand if I hold L and boot from there. So far that way, every boot has been fine, rather than 50/50 by just hitting profile. Without emunand, it's all fine.

On the subject of emunand, if it makes another partition, then we can't back it up? If I wanted to try other cards to store it, I have to remake it for every card? or is it possible to back it up and copy it across (maybe with win32imager? ).

deoFusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No and it was proven way before emuNAND via hardware NAND backups.

There is a key that get's installed everytime you purchase a game. These are stored on the console NAND and make your downloaded games work with the system.

Since these keys will be missing on the real NAND, games adquired via emuNAND won't be detected
Do you know if those keys are redownloadable? e.g. if you were to restore the emuNAND image to a 4.x backup, system update and redownload a game?

I tried looking on 3dbrew but couldn't find anything.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You'd need to pay for the games again I think. Not sure. In any case, you wouldn't be able to access eshop on 4.5, emunand or not.

About the hanging problem, sometimes I can bypass the hang and continue booting into Gateway mode by pressing the analog stick to the left when it has hanged. This working for anyone else?

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I successfully updates my Emunand the thing is that when I boot into GW mode it shows GW3D 6.X.X FW but when I boot into classic(?) mode it shows 6.X.X FW with no GW3D is this correct? :/

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I successfully updates my Emunand the thing is that when I boot into GW mode it shows GW3D 6.X.X FW but when I boot into classic(?) mode it shows 6.X.X FW with no GW3D is this correct? :/

Classic mode is official 6.3 with no GW patch.
Gateway mode is official 6.3 with GW patch to launch backups.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Backup Nand --> backs up the 3ds nand
Format Nand --> Organizes the sd card in the 3ds to use the nand which you backed up

Also read the release notes its important to follow instructions 100%

*before doing the format nand better to copy your nand to pc as a keep safe*

actually your wrong
Format Nand --> Reds the Current NAND and flash's it to the SD card
there is no need to backup the NAND apart from for your own piece of mind if you screw up

you can insert a Blank SD card and tell it to Format and Write the NAND should you so wish

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I have a question. I'm only interested in playing the new Zelda game on my gateway and I've read that it works even without making a new emuNAND and updating. Is this correct? Do I have to reinstall everything or just replace the launcher file on my SD card to get the 2.0?

Here's what i was planning on doing. Put the new launcher on my sd card. Insert the red gateway with the zelda rom. Go into gateway mode as normal (without pressing L at the same time as I don't need to do anything else). Will Zelda show up just like any other game? The Zelda rom won't update my original NAND will it?

Really appreciate it guys if you can help me out!

rr

It seems Zelda requires the EmuNAND, otherwise it seems to hang on copying save to SD, via EmuNAND Zelda plays and saves 100% fine, also for person who asked above, classic mode just shows 6.3.xx in system settings just like an upto date system, only when in GW mode it prefixes the GW3D

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Interesting, upon advice from a dear friend, I tried to perform a 'format sd' without a Nand backup on the card and it worked fine.

There is no need to make a backup (although its a good idea) and certainly no need to leave it on the SD card to perform an emuNand reformat.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Classic mode is official 6.3 with no GW patch.
Gateway mode is official 6.3 with GW patch to launch backups.

Not quite, keyslots are different from a real 6.3.x 3DS, also the firmware itself needs patches to boot in the first place, NAND redirection for starters, so it's not quite without patches, it's just with less patches.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not quite, keyslots are different from a real 6.3.x 3DS, also the firmware itself needs patches to boot in the first place, NAND redirection for starters, so it's not quite without patches, it's just with less patches.
Well it showed up like this on my 3DS 6.3.X with no GW3D but when I restarted the 3DS it came back on 4.5.10 :)

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, like mathieulh said, its still patched for all the redirection and whatever else it needs, it doesnt have the rom patches and wont show GW3D in version , it will show as looking like a legit 6.3.x system, but patching is still definately taking place :)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few questions:

1. say i go Buy pokemon x/y from the eStore on emuNand, then pull out my sd card and crack it in half(then pour acid on it, then burn it, then shoot it into the son, THEN remember I didn't back it up). I put in a new sd card and reacquire emuNand 6.3.
Can i redownload pokemon x/y free of charge?

2. say i go Buy pokemon x/y from the eStore on emuNand, then pull out my sd card and crack it in half. I update my real Nand to 6.3.

Can i redownload pokemon x/y free of charge?

3. say i go Buy pokemon x/y from the eStore on emuNand. where is my save file located?

4. say i retail boot pokemon x/y on emuNand. Where is my save file located?

5. If i start a save on a retail boot pokemon x/y on emuNand, can i continue playing from an eStore version?

6.If i start a save on a retail boot pokemon x/y on emuNand, can i continue playing the from Gateway later(once gateway will boot nandsave roms)?

7.say i retail boot pokemon x/y on emuNand, can i continue playing the save from Gateway later(once gateway will boot nand-save roms)?

8. Does anyone know the actual reason why gateway will not successfully boot nandsave roms (yet), but retail and eShop can work on emuNand?

just buy a retail game and use that. and the save file will be saved on SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Modded ofc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Speaking of my PS3 i havent downloaded any games yet bc my wifi is too slow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and also because blackouts here are very common and that could damage the console
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    Do you have a surge protector or an UPS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert **** here
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What a tiny memory card
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rumble packs are important
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's fully charged
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: