Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

Relf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What a funny little problem. The first time I tried to update it went to 6.10. Which I think is the firmware of the new Zelda game that I had inserted instead of downloading the 6.30 off the net. Guess that's something to keep an eye out for.

apollooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so quick question i am formatting the sd emu nand right now
so when i go to update(brand new 3ds xl out of the box ,never set up internet connection)

do i set up the internet connection settings on the emu nand only , the real nand only , or both? in order to do online update?
emu nand.

NEVER UPDATE THE REAL NAND.

sd

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tested other games besides Zelda ?? The NAND games work fine with no loss and i see no additional reports of loss of save data, apart from a user getting the save data corruption message you get trying to run them in GW mode, so not 100% sure they where in classic mode

No, because after Zelda, I wasn't chancing it.

spectlze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im running Gateway classic mode and retail copy of pokemon Y and everytime i run the game it gives me a screen that my save data is corrupted

Same problem with pokemon Y using classic mode. I don't know if having another save file on the cart from my 2ds is causing the save corruption problem on the 3ds. Any help would be apreciated. The message i get is save data is corrupted read electronic manual for info.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emu nand.

NEVER UPDATE THE REAL NAND.

sd

yes i know not to update real nand, i just wasnt sure if the internet connection had to be set up on both for it to connect online

but it looks like it dont matter now cause i backed up the nand and formatted the nand and now i cant get gw mode, every time i reboot and go to ds settings i get the grey screen with the lines

Soul_Alchemist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About online play.
Is it no online play no matter what. Or is it just no online play when using the GW3DS + roms?
Can you play online with your original cartridge games on normal mode?
Can you play online if you boot into normal mode then buy and download a game like Pokémon X/Y to play Wi-Fi battles?

(sorry for the repost)

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
Ur screwed and you didn't follow the steps correctly it clearly says do not update uncles it has GW3D next to it

it had the GW3D before i went into the system settings and the nand update. so if i am screwed i am getting rid of the aqua one because whats the point of having 2 3ds's at 6.3 i am just going to keep my gold xl

Relf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it had the GW3D before i went into the system settings and the nand update. so if i am screwed i am getting rid of the aqua one because whats the point of having 2 3ds's at 6.3 i am just going to keep my gold xl

If you backed up your saved NAND onto your PC and are, or know someone who is, talented with soldering you could open it up and revert it, possibly.

ridiucle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if u still have the backed up nand u can restore it with hardware

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
If you backed up your saved NAND onto your PC and are, or know someone who is, talented with soldering you could open it up and revert it, possibly.

not going through all that i am pissed as hell that i just pissed away 80 bucks on a gateway *till it works with 6.X* and i am going to sell or KILL my 3ds dont know what i am going to do yet. i have my zelda gold xl so its not a lost of a 6.3 system

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got it to go to gw mode with emunand but it will only boot to gw mode if i hold down L
every other time it just goes to screen with lines and freezes

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Umm how am I supposed to update the Emunand? and not the system nand?
By the time I back up my emunand should I just boot into Classic mode to play my retail cartridges?

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally!!!! I dont have much time on my hands so I dont get to play my 3ds as much but this is great news!! Im currently playing oot and plan on playing many other games before going to a link between worlds and x,y. AWESOME!!

By the way, has anyone tested to see if 64gb micro sd card works ok gateway? I dont want to buy a 32gb or 64gb yet until i know which will work and which doesnt since i do remember some rumors. Can someone post back and tell if a 64gb works please? 32gb wont hold enough games :( i dont want to trim since people reported problems with trims.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States

Well u obviously did something wrong I updated to 6.3 with emunand np

Finally!!!! I dont have much time on my hands so I dont get to play my 3ds as much but this is great news!! Im currently playing oot and plan on playing many other games before going to a link between worlds and x,y. AWESOME!!

By the way, has anyone tested to see if 64gb micro sd card works ok gateway? I dont want to buy a 32gb or 64gb yet until i know which will work and which doesnt since i do remember some rumors. Can someone post back and tell if a 64gb works please? 32gb wont hold enough games :( i dont want to trim since people reported problems with trims.

32gb on average would hold about 6-8 games when multirom is out that's not enough games?

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
Well u obviously did something wrong I updated to 6.3 with emunand np

yeah no kidding now i am paying the price. i am still pissed but i just put a ad out to trade it for a Jap or UK with 4.1 to 4.5 who know maybe someone in my area will want to trade me

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

What do you mean? So you are saying it had the GW3DS lettering, you exit system settings and then reentered expecting the system to remain with the emuNAND loaded? Because if that's the case, you weren't careful enough to check it the second time on system settings.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, I have been able to play my retail Pokemon X cart using Gateway's Classic mode. Saved, Closed, Power Off, Gateway Classic boot, and game booted with saved file intact.
I can't get my Pokemon Y to work. Did you have a save file before? Updating to 1.1 doesn't fix it either...

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? So you are saying it had the GW3DS lettering, you exit system settings and then reentered expecting the system to remain with the emuNAND loaded? Because if that's the case, you weren't careful enough to check it the second time on system settings.

shit happens you get pissed and i am moving on i just dont want to deal with it any more so i am going to restore my downloads from the aqua on and move them over to my XL and just sale or trade it off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe