• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Gas is now 5 dollars a gallon almost everywhere.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because Biden works for the World Economic Forum, all this was planned while and before Trump was even president, that's why they wanted him out. Not to say Trump is savior of the world, but he was in the way. It was pre-planned to weaken America.

Reactions: DCarnage and Coto

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about other areas of the world, but here in the states we saw a drastic rise in both the ridesharing and delivery industries, especially during the pandemic. DoorDash, Lyft, Amazon, Uber, plus all the corporate conglomerates and outsourcing to privatized delivery agents, have all contributed to a huge demand for oil on many fronts. Blame Biden all you want, but Trump pulled soldiers out of the middle East at the ass end of his Covid controlled presidency, which certainly didn't help gas prices either. So couple a massive industry wholly dependent on the increased demand for a finite resource with the fact that we've withdrawn from two major imports of oil, and you have a problem that far supercedes Orange Bad Man and Sleepy Joe.

But please God, let's keep making this a primarily Democrat blamed, American only problem.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EVs are getting better every moment. More and better changing stations. Virtual power plants are becoming more common. I can't wait until most gas vehicles become a thing of the past.

Production and use of an EV with a 400mi range battery generates more CO2 than the average ICE vehicle.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Production and use of an EV with a 400mi range battery generates more CO2 than the average ICE vehicle.

This is true because electricity is still largely generated from fossil fuels. We're running out of those. So, we're dealing with multiple issues here (not necessarily in order):

1. Replacing fossil fuels. This has to happen, regardless of environmental impact. They're going away, likely in our lifetime, even
2. Using whatever alternative we come up with to generate power (electricity seems to be the way we're headed)
3. Reducing the carbon footprint

This is also without addressing the power grid infrastructure challenges EVs currently face. The CO2 thing is worth bringing up, but it's specifically poignant to bring up when somebody says they "bought an EV for the environment". That's when this info becomes a strong case. It's not better for the environment yet. Not until we replace fossil fuels.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is true because electricity is still largely generated from fossil fuels. We're running out of those. So, we're dealing with multiple issues here (not necessarily in order):

1. Replacing fossil fuels. This has to happen, regardless of environmental impact. They're going away, likely in our lifetime, even
2. Using whatever alternative we come up with to generate power (electricity seems to be the way we're headed)
3. Reducing the carbon footprint

This is also without addressing the power grid infrastructure challenges EVs currently face. The CO2 thing is worth bringing up, but it's specifically poignant to bring up when somebody says they "bought an EV for the environment". That's when this info becomes a strong case. It's not better for the environment yet. Not until we replace fossil fuels.
Nuclear. Nuclear. Nuclear.
I say this and go away because people usually take this badly.
But the only realistic solution to the short, middle and perhaps also the long term energy and environmental problem is "scary" nuclear energy.

Reactions: tabzer and Hanafuda

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the only realistic solution to the short, middle and perhaps also the long term energy and environmental problem is "scary" nuclear energy.
another clean energy resource that's severely untapped is wind energy, but Trumpers want to blame that stuff for causing radiation, or whatever fits their agenda. There's also solar, and other renewable resources that we can shift resources into further developing.

There's plenty of ways to combat CO2 emissions and provide clean, renewable energy, but alas, big oil lobbies people to think it's all the Democrats' fault. even though they've had record profits this year....but I digress.

Reactions: SyphenFreht

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been hearing this a lot through the grapevine, but haven't dived into the rabbit hole, yet. Do you know of any good sources that map out how a switch over to nuclear energy would go?

I do know that nuclear = scary is very outdated, of course, but I'm not aware of what we'd need to change in regards to infrastructure to make it viable at scale, or if there are any other challenges we'd have to address.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggesting that Trump would have somehow avoided the invasion of Ukraine?
I legit believe Trump would have started a war with Russia over Ukraine, if it made the US/him look weak. Putin knew this, and did fuck all. Putin tried to warn Trump over Russian mercenaries in Syria and to back off, Trump responded by drone striking said Russian mercenaries, and killed them. Putin did fuck all in response.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/13/russia-warns-of-consequences-for-us-led-strike-on-syria.html

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Germany we pay actually average 2,15 Euro for 1 Liter. By 3,785 Liter per gallon its around 9 USD for 1 Gallon.

Thx goes to Russia. But good that we are on the way for Electric cars to be more independent from it.

Begging these Year it stands by 1.60€ , but raising constantly since years to get the people to look for alternatives. With begging of the Electric Vehicle there is one, now.
If you do get electric cars, where is that electricity going to come from? Also, isn't hindsight funny? If only they listened to Trump of all people.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you run out of fossil fuels, where are you going to get your fossil fuels from?
You didn't answer my question. If you all switched to electric cars, where is the energy going to come from? What is going to generate all that electricity for your cars?

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do get electric cars, where is that electricity going to come from? Also, isn't hindsight funny? If only they listened to Trump of all people.

You didn't answer my question. If you all switched to electric cars, where is the energy going to come from? What is going to generate all that electricity for your cars?

Uhh Wind? Solar? Nuclear? Hydro? There's plenty of clean/renewable energy already readily available that people apparently forget about. In the midwest US, there's plenty of places to plant wind farms. In Nevada, the entire city of las vegas is powered by a dam, and nuclear energy is incredibly efficient and clean.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, I didn't answer it there, but a few of us did address it a few posts above. Moving from fossil fuels is a necessity, independent from any other factors, since we're running out. That includes alternatives for generating electricity. The strongest arguments I've heard have been for nuclear, but I don't know much beyond the surface level proposal. I'd like to learn more about how that'd look if anyone knows any good sources for that pitch.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's because Biden works for the World Economic Forum, all this was planned while and before Trump was even president, that's why they wanted him out. Not to say Trump is savior of the world, but he was in the way. It was pre-planned to weaken America.
And just to remind people.... i told you all way back WEF and UN is disarming USA citizens

WEF Agenda on disarming people:
(... lots of bullshit....)
Today, they are the gun of choice for Americans, and have played a role in most of the country’s high-casualty shootings, highlighting a dramatic shift in the style and potential impact of gun ownership.

And China is #1 investor in all of them. Russia #2 through New Development Bank:
On July 11, Putin began a weeklong trip to Brazil, Argentina, Nicaragua and Cuba, which included attending the sixth BRICS’ summit and the launch of the organization’s New Development Bank. But what did the trip, which included meetings with Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega, President Cristina Fernandez of Argentina and a photo-op with Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro

But signs of Russian ambitions with Latin America extended beyond trade deals. While in the region, Putin sought to confirm the deployment of the GLONASS global positioning system in the Americas – the Russian government’s alternative to the U.S. government-sponsored GPS system. Russia recently denied access to GPS data in territories it controls, while the U.S. has denied the placement of GLONASS over its territory. Putin is eager to challenge GPS and the U.S. government by finding additional sites in the Western Hemisphere beyond Brazil and the Chilean coast over which to install new satellite stations. During his visit, both Cuba and Argentina agreed to the installation of GLONASS high altitude satellite navigation systems.

Last edited by Coto,

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Biden straight up said he's going to reduce oil supplies for the USA due to climate change and wanting to transition to electric cars. He laughed and bragged about it.

What I also find hilarious is the claim that Biden can't control or isn't responsible for the gas prices by the liberals. However, when he says he's releasing oil reserves to cut the price of gas suddenly he is responsible.

I swear, liberals are dumb as shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-