• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Gas is now 5 dollars a gallon almost everywhere.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank the Oil industry as a whole, not just one section of government.

Political color means nothing when the currency under it is black gold.
I'm fairly Biden's executive order, shutting down a domestic pipeline, making us less self sustaining and more beholden to foreign oil giants is absolutely justifiable grounds for blaming a section of government.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biden straight up said he's going to reduce oil supplies for the USA due to climate change and wanting to transition to electric cars. He laughed and bragged about it.

What I also find hilarious is the claim that Biden can't control or isn't responsible for the gas prices by the liberals. However, when he says he's releasing oil reserves to cut the price of gas suddenly he is responsible.

I swear, liberals are dumb as shit.

Biden can only legally open the Strategic Petroleum Reserve through executive order; all other oil reserves contained within U.S. borders are privately owned by oil companies. Forcing them to open their reserves grossly oversteps his boundaries into private entities, something only a dictator could do and possibly get away with. It seems like he's trying to spur the green energy model before we have to rely solely on internal, privatized oil which will cause prices to skyrocket even higher than they are now.

I'm fairly Biden's executive order, shutting down a domestic pipeline, making us less self sustaining and more beholden to foreign oil giants is absolutely justifiable grounds for blaming a section of government.

A lot of you Republicans seem to forget that your lord and savior first authorized the withdrawal from Afghanistan back in 2020/21, where oil reserves are by the trillion barrel. Joe was a little late on the pullout, probably trying to broker a last minute oil deal to help combat the already rising gas prices that slowly started during Trump's presidency as COVID caused the delivery and rideshare business to boom, which for those of you that have trouble with critical thinking, meant that even more oil was being consumed. Not shutting down the pipeline could have helped combat the current issue of oil prices, but since the pipeline hadn't been in active use for over a decade, it's shutdown did not immediately contribute to the prices we have now.

Some of y'all seem to forget that gas prices fluctuate with every new president anyway, as we have to broker new deals or reform current deals to reflect the views of whatever color the Capitol's flying that day, battling imports and exports with people we may not like to ease our use of emergency oil that we've had since back when America was isolationist.

Man, and I hear liberals are dumb.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh Wind? Solar? Nuclear? Hydro? There's plenty of clean/renewable energy already readily available that people apparently forget about. In the midwest US, there's plenty of places to plant wind farms. In Nevada, the entire city of las vegas is powered by a dam, and nuclear energy is incredibly efficient and clean.
We cannot build those over night. Driving an EV, is still driving a car that is most likely powered by gas. The power to generate EVs is still gas or coal.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gas is still way too cheap for the harm it does to the planet. Here it is at 10 dollars a gallon. Although we pay in liters, but it is almost twice as expensive as in the US. and still too cheap!
We are spoiled by the status quo. Fortunately that is going to change very soon. So sad it needed a war to get there ("thanks, Putin", I guess).

ok elon why dont you take a step back and relax and let the adults talk.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afghanistan back in 2020/21, where oil reserves are by the trillion barrel.
Does Afghanistan have much in the way of oil, much less readily tapped and such*? As far as I am aware it has never been an exporter or such things, indeed net import basically forever.

Has plenty of mineral reserves, albeit untapped with most of the war puppeteers probably looking for the long game there, which does include a notable Lithium deposit.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...stans-untapped-minerals-resources-2021-08-19/ reckons 1.6 billion barrels of oil, which is not nothing, but still basically nowhere on the big lists.

*it is landlocked, surrounded by Iran and a bunch of ?stans that are none too stable themselves so good luck with pipelines.

If we are going to do US wars of pointlessness then Iraq on the other hand. That is a different matter and potentially more readily thrown at the feet of people that care about the colour of the tie the person that is pretending to be their friend. Granted while winning wars is easy it seems the US does not have the stomach or indeed much in the way of capability to win the peace so meh.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gas is still way too cheap for the harm it does to the planet. Here it is at 10 dollars a gallon. Although we pay in liters, but it is almost twice as expensive as in the US. and still too cheap!
We are spoiled by the status quo. Fortunately that is going to change very soon. So sad it needed a war to get there ("thanks, Putin", I guess).
How about you try to call an Uber every time you need to travel anywhere.

Own nothing and be happy...

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not matter who you blame. We have to deal with it. Gas is still too cheap for the harm it does globally. 20 bucks a gallon would be OK to make progression in alternative energies. But I guess we are getting there faster than I thought. Prices won't drop significantly any time soon that's for sure.
Transitioning to clean energy is fine but you do it by transitioning slowly. You dont cancel leases on drilling shut down pipelines and more until the infrastructure is in place sustainable and affordable for the Majority of the country. The Biden Administration and Democrats don't give 2 F's about Americans and they need to go one way or another.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Afghanistan have much in the way of oil, much less readily tapped and such*? As far as I am aware it has never been an exporter or such things, indeed net import basically forever.

Has plenty of mineral reserves, albeit untapped with most of the war puppeteers probably looking for the long game there, which does include a notable Lithium deposit.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...stans-untapped-minerals-resources-2021-08-19/ reckons 1.6 billion barrels of oil, which is not nothing, but still basically nowhere on the big lists.

*it is landlocked, surrounded by Iran and a bunch of ?stans that are none too stable themselves so good luck with pipelines.

If we are going to do US wars of pointlessness then Iraq on the other hand. That is a different matter and potentially more readily thrown at the feet of people that care about the colour of the tie the person that is pretending to be their friend. Granted while winning wars is easy it seems the US does not have the stomach or indeed much in the way of capability to win the peace so meh.

I know oil wasn't the main reason we went to war with the middle east, but all that "democracy" we've been trying to install over there veiled the big fact that we want them to export oil to us; it's eerily reminiscent of the reasoning behind Pearl Harbor. From the few different sources I've r looked into, it seems that while that area is rich in oil, they have not wanted to do business with us since well before 9/11.

So now that we've backed out of the Middle East and Russia, we have to export oil from other areas. Shutting down the Keystone Pipeline is a good move for green energy, but it seems there's something a little more as well.

Trump set up tariffs on China which continues to this day. Both he and Biden contributed to pulling out of Afghanistan. Biden shut down a pipeline coming from Canada that hasn't been in use for over a decade, and now we're refusing to import oil from Russia due to the Russian-Ukraine conflict. Something is starting to smell like isolationism, something America was founded upon (to some extent).

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's Russia fault!
Remember dinosaur died, it's because of Putin!
Remember how GOD create this world so long?
Because Russians cant be taken light:rofl2:

Last edited by k7ra,

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Biden can only legally open the Strategic Petroleum Reserve through executive order; all other oil reserves contained within U.S. borders are privately owned by oil companies. Forcing them to open their reserves grossly oversteps his boundaries into private entities, something only a dictator could do and possibly get away with. It seems like he's trying to spur the green energy model before we have to rely solely on internal, privatized oil which will cause prices to skyrocket even higher than they are now.

A lot of you Republicans seem to forget that your lord and savior first authorized the withdrawal from Afghanistan back in 2020/21, where oil reserves are by the trillion barrel. Joe was a little late on the pullout, probably trying to broker a last minute oil deal to help combat the already rising gas prices that slowly started during Trump's presidency as COVID caused the delivery and rideshare business to boom, which for those of you that have trouble with critical thinking, meant that even more oil was being consumed. Not shutting down the pipeline could have helped combat the current issue of oil prices, but since the pipeline hadn't been in active use for over a decade, it's shutdown did not immediately contribute to the prices we have now.

Some of y'all seem to forget that gas prices fluctuate with every new president anyway, as we have to broker new deals or reform current deals to reflect the views of whatever color the Capitol's flying that day, battling imports and exports with people we may not like to ease our use of emergency oil that we've had since back when America was isolationist.

Man, and I hear liberals are dumb.
Ah yes, because of a bunch of other indirect controversies, a directly impacting, major contender is somehow suddenly "not a big deal" because of identity politics -- of which you reinforce with an ad hominem argument.

Call me an idiot if you want all you like, but it's not my virtuous, detached from reality voting policies that are pushing us towards hyperinflation and a collapsing economy.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, because of a bunch of other indirect controversies, a directly impacting, major contender is somehow suddenly "not a big deal" because of identity politics -- of which you reinforce with an ad hominem argument.

Call me an idiot if you want all you like, but it's not my virtuous, detached from reality voting policies that are pushing us towards hyperinflation and a collapsing economy.

Sounds a lot better than blaming one and only one person who's not a dictator, has to have Senate pass any law he wishes to pushes (aside from executive actions)

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for those that do not know we had a bill recently on the table about Price gouging on Gas and Oil.

Typically I am not one to lean on sides as I think both sides are with their own great deal of problems and massive shitheads, however when shit like this happens its pretty evident who is to blame here for these problems.
FVIwRZBVsAA4yt0.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs