Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Especially since DSP is also still sorta experimental.

The only issues I seem to have with Gameyob is sound though.

Sort of a repetitive tap tap tap tap tap sound.
Yeah, forgot about that. DSP would probably be the best bet for fixing that. CSND wasn't really designed for audio like that.

neumaennl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, is anybody here familiar with the GameYob source and willing to help me out?
I tried adding SGB border support, so I copied the SGB border stuff from GEST (http://koti.mbnet.fi/gest_emu/) and made it compile. It does not work yet, though, because GameYob's palette handling is different from that of GEST among other things.
What I got so far can be seen here: https://github.com/neumaennl/GameYob

Reactions: angelhp

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's going on? When i start Pokémon Red and play until i reach the player's room, where it should be black it's blue

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
To be clear before all of this gets out of hand:

In western releases, Pokémon Red & Blue are standard Game Boy cartridges with Super Game Boy support (the SNES thing with the borders and color palettes). Now, the Game Boy Color has special handling for most first-party Game Boy (non-color) games, so that they receive a hardcoded palette specific to the game, but the game has no understanding of this and isn't able to dynamically change colors or anything, so you'll get one set of colors throughout the entire game, chosen by the GBC, not the game. To play these games in full color, use Super Game Boy mode.

Pokémon Yellow, Gold and Silver are Game Boy/Color hybrid cartridges, i.e. they can run in a standard game boy in monochrome, on a Super Game Boy in color, or on a Game Boy Color with somewhat more advanced color. In Yellow's case, the Super Game Boy and GBC palettes are extremely similar, so it's sort of same-same, doesn't matter too much which you choose. Gold and Silver will look significantly nicer in GBC mode, but you won't get the border (irrelevant since they're not currently working on GameYob, anyway).

Pokémon Crystal is a Game Boy Color-only cartridge, it can't run in monochrome or Super Game Boy modes at all.

Last edited by Vague Rant,

Bynniock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To change these settings, you'll be looking at the "SGB mode" option in the "display" tab. You can also play around with "GB colourization" in the "gameboy" tab while SGB mode is disabled to choose palettes directly.
You can also use a border if you want (border options are in the "display" tab).

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this emulator ever gonna be updated? T.T its a good emulator but whats stopping me from using it is the crackling sound... plz udate
There was just an update not long ago, be patient. If you don't want to wait then either go try out RetroArch's GBC core or get to work on GameYob, it is opensource.

kyaneos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put a folder on the root of your SD card called GB

And then put your gameboy roms in this folder.

If you are asking where the .ini file is, it will be created on the root of your ad card after the first time of running gameyob.
Odd. Ever since I have dumped the files onto my SD, I haven't been able to run GameYob, nor are any roms for my SNES/NES/PokeMini emulators showing up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for your concern, by the way.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd. Ever since I have dumped the files onto my SD, I haven't been able to run GameYob, nor are any roms for my SNES/NES/PokeMini emulators showing up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for your concern, by the way.
Hmmm... I honestly have no idea...

What is your SD card setup?

kyaneos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe how it should be...
And then inside the 3ds folder are all of the necessary files.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by kyaneos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one