DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
dxblord3ds said:
as for the perivous rumor their are 18 games in total.

the list gave us 10

so their are 8 game we don't know them.

I don't think startfox is from the launch because it wasn't that complete in e3 the tec demo game play with no sounds with minor gliches.

same goes to samurai warriors it was an early stage tec demo

For all we know, what they demoed was formed months in advance of E3, and that the actual progress is much closer to completion than we know.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dxblord3ds said:
the wario ware stuff I read it in an artical I will try to find the link

as for the speculation see when Nintendo released their console / hand held in the us

all of them between June till November

there are no January -> may ever for a console

in other news

QUOTE said:
Sunday issue of the german newspaper BILD says its launchin Nov 11th in Japan. And Q1 next year in europe with Mario Kart, Zelda OoT, Layton. as launch games. Pricepoint 200€

What do you think ?

they new about the wii remote before two days from Tokyo game show wii remote anancement

I heard BILD isn't a very reliable source. So I'd take it with a grain of salt.

yobemal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
DiscostewSM said:
While you all wait a good 1 1/2 years for a new revision, I'll be enjoying the original 3DS. If I want a newer revision, I'll trade in my old one at a place like Gamestop for a discount on the newer one.

Same, getting it right away
biggrin.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Just a question...

When did Nintendo say that they would ACTUALLY release the release date?
Sept 29th...we'll all know for sure then. But I think it's likely to be released in November if the DS and Wii are anything to go by.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking forwamrd to the 3DS. Especially after seeing my pay check from work yesterday. Seems my worries about not being able to afford a 3DS were unnecessary
smile.gif

It'll probably be a while before it's available here in the UK. My local Game store has no concrete release date and they've never been wrong about major releases before. I'm sure the cute blonde there will let me know when they're taking pre-orders. Either that or the equallycute brunette who's taken to visiting me at work lately...

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LegendarySkitch said:
zeromac said:
You guys who are waiting for a 3DS lite you know there probaly wont be one
tongue.gif

Look at the DSi did it get a 'lite' version? No it didn't, it got a mutherfucking huge ass gigantic version which IMO is for vision impairedpeople..

Oh there will almost definitely be a 2nd version...the only main gameboy that didn't was the Game Boy Color. Game Boy had the Pocket, Advance had the SP, DS had the Lite AND DSi/DSiXL.

You saying the DSi didn't get a lite isn't relevant since it was an extra version of the DS, not it's own console.

Either way, I'm getting an original 3DS.

Actually, I think in Japan even the Gameboy Color had a revision, the "Gameboy Light" which had a backlit screen.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hanafuda said:
LegendarySkitch said:
zeromac said:
You guys who are waiting for a 3DS lite you know there probaly wont be one
tongue.gif

Look at the DSi did it get a 'lite' version? No it didn't, it got a mutherfucking huge ass gigantic version which IMO is for vision impairedpeople..

Oh there will almost definitely be a 2nd version...the only main gameboy that didn't was the Game Boy Color. Game Boy had the Pocket, Advance had the SP, DS had the Lite AND DSi/DSiXL.

You saying the DSi didn't get a lite isn't relevant since it was an extra version of the DS, not it's own console.

Either way, I'm getting an original 3DS.

Actually, I think in Japan even the Gameboy Color had a revision, the "Gameboy Light" which had a backlit screen.
The Gameboy Light was a revision of the original system, not the Gameboy Color. The only revisions the original Gameboy had in the US were a variety of colors including Black, Green, Yellow, and Clear (no enhancements to actual system hardware).
gameboylight.jpg

G

geenlung

trumpet-205 said:
Ssx9 said:
I don't think there will be a lite version. afterall, for the 3D effect to happen, you need a big screen. expect a 2nd versionof the 3DS, But only changing the style of the portable. If they make a smaller 3DS, They'll reduce the portable's size, not the screens.
We are not waiting for a lite version. We are actually waiting for 3DS XL.
evil.gif

I totally agreee. Producing a "lite" version would overly cramp the control scheme. Perhaps producing an XL/LL version with dual analogs would be possible though =)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
geenlung said:
I totally agree. Producing a "lite" version would overly cramp the control scheme. Perhaps producing an XL/LL version with dual analogs would be possible though =)
Adding extra controls would require them to be taken into account when making the games, and it would most likely come more under the category of a new console rather than just a revision of what's essentially the same hardware. After all, the DS Lite didn't come with an extra Z button.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
geenlung said:
trumpet-205 said:
Ssx9 said:
I don't think there will be a lite version. afterall, for the 3D effect to happen, you need a big screen. expect a 2nd versionof the 3DS, But only changing the style of the portable. If they make a smaller 3DS, They'll reduce the portable's size, not the screens.
We are not waiting for a lite version. We are actually waiting for 3DS XL.
evil.gif

I totally agreee. Producing a "lite" version would overly cramp the control scheme. Perhaps producing an XL/LL version with dual analogs would be possible though =)
The 3DS looks quite bulky. If they could make it thinner, they could make a lite.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
While people would trade in their DSi for a discount on the 3DS, what about the DSiWare that was bought? Would the 3DS be able to play them? You think Nintendo would set something up so that the DSiWare could be transferred over? I don't have a DSi myself, but I have a Wii, and all the games I got for it are locked to the console and not a special account as far as I can tell.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
^ Actually, the original Gameboy had the Gameboy Pocket in the US as a revision - Was smaller, had a better screen, and had a lot longer battery life. (10 hours on 2 AAA's).
You're absolutely right, and I often use the term "revision" in the wrong sense. I was correcting the original statement that the Gameboy Light was a revision of the Gameboy Color. The original Gameboy was only changed in the US by giving it different colors, much like the original DS, which eventually came in blue, and the Mario Kart red & white colors.

The GB pocket is basically to the Gameboy, what the DS Lite was to the original DS. It was a major revision with the main focus being on reducing the size, and providing a better screen(s).

The GB Color didn't get a revision, since it was replaced entirely by the GB Advance.

Then there are "niche" revisions such as the GB Micro and DSi XL. I wonder if the 3DS will ever get one of these revisions, and what it could possibly be.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the Nintendo Press Conference proved once and for all that 3DS Blog is full of it with this stupid Gamestop rumor. No way that 3DS comes out Nov. 22nd here if it comes out Feb. 26th in Japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up