Gaming Gamestop Added 3DS to their system, shipping date confirmed

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda questioning the source here. I mean, that site looks far from reliable and their comment is by a random reader named "Jeff". No source from a reliable media outlet, Gamestop listing, whatever. I might as well say "Hi my name is Bill, I work for Gamestop, and the Wii 2 is coming out January 26th 2011! Trust me!"

Get a better source and then I'll believe it. It's labeled as a "rumor" anyway.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SlashSpeed said:
Guys, you do realize, that DS Lite was released 2 years after the original DS. Well anyway, have a great time waiting those 2 years.
I have bunch of GBA/DS/Wii games waiting for me to catch up. So 2 years isn't a problem.
rolleyes.gif

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda waiting for something like 3DS Lite. Finds the current 3DS design is kinda bulky.

Hoping for an iPhone like thinness (although it's kinda impossible
biggrin.gif
)

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way I'm going to wait for a revision of the 3DS. I have to experience it from day one. I bought the original (Phat) DS at launch, and don't regret it. I upgraded to the DSLite when it launched, and I don't regret it. Simply put, you can either sit back and listen to other people enjoying their system, or you can get one and experience it yourself.

It all boils down to whether you have to own the latest technology, or are humble with experiencing something that is new to you, but years old to others. Technology and electronics will always advance rapidly, so no matter what you buy, whether an iPod, PC, game system, or TV, there will always be a better model coming out within a short timeframe. My motto = just buy and be happy, you can always sell and upgrade later.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This date actually makes sense. They released the ds phat right around that time. I think the phat was out on nov 21st. I still remember buying it on the first day. I went to kmart hoping they had it and sure enough they did.

MysticKard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem I'm having is that since I'm now used to the XL, I'll be really hard for me to go back to those smaller screens. If they release a 3DS XL then, well, problem solved!

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought an original DS when they first came out and never bothered to trade it in for a lite or an i.
I was thinking about getting a DSiXL but then I heard about the 3DS and decided to just wait and get that.
Maybe in a couple of years they'll release a revised 3DS, and maybe I'll trade the original in for that one when it happens, but I'm certainly not going to wait and miss out on the 3DS experience for a couple of years in hope of a nicer model coming out.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its a tough choice. i didn't even get a ds phat, i got in at the lite.
and also! if you aren't on the preorder or day one gig....this could automatically cause a waiting for stock game similar to the Wii.
finding a console at between Thanksgiving and Christmas....lol
wacko.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You guys who are waiting for a 3DS lite you know there probaly wont be one
tongue.gif

Look at the DSi did it get a 'lite' version? No it didn't, it got a mutherfucking huge ass gigantic version which IMO is for vision impairedpeople..

LegendarySkitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
You guys who are waiting for a 3DS lite you know there probaly wont be one
tongue.gif

Look at the DSi did it get a 'lite' version? No it didn't, it got a mutherfucking huge ass gigantic version which IMO is for vision impairedpeople..

Oh there will almost definitely be a 2nd version...the only main gameboy that didn't was the Game Boy Color. Game Boy had the Pocket, Advance had the SP, DS had the Lite AND DSi/DSiXL.

You saying the DSi didn't get a lite isn't relevant since it was an extra version of the DS, not it's own console.

Either way, I'm getting an original 3DS.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The retailers only know as much as we do. Gamestop is only doing this so they can be the first to get pre-order, therefore more profit for them.

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well i can say this is not in my system at all so i have no clue where this info I coming from. I have checked for a few days now and nothing pops up. So the Gamestop that this info came from must be special.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bridgy84 said:
Well i can say this is not in my system at all so i have no clue where this info I coming from. I have checked for a few days now and nothing pops up. So the Gamestop that this info came from must be special.
CONSPIRACY!

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Bridgy84 said:

nooooooooooooooooooooo please tell me you lieeeeeeeeeee.... i want one nowwwwwwwww nnnnnoooooooooo

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Bridgy84 said:

It's alright that you're not at liberty to tell us what's REALLY going on.
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop are expecting a release date to be announced at the press conference on the 29th, that is the only reason to why they have pre-orders for then. Thing is I am doubting that Nintendo will announced a date outside of Japan seeing that no foreign press are allowed at this press conference.

I reckon it will be in March for Europe and America just like the rumours say. Europe release will be very close or on the same day hell it might even be out before the US release seeing that the DSi and DSi XL both came out there first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free