secretsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ok so i turned on my xbox and placed in a game, and it wouldnt read it, ive had this problem before and if i open and close it a few times it will read it, this time i opened and closed it about 30 times and it still doesnt work, its not just that game also, i tryed other games and i got nothing, please help !

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$50? Is what I heard one time.

BUT
Don't take that literally.

The best thing to do would be to call support(yes, I know support)
and discuss your options.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
EB games gives a 1 year warranty!
If its out of warranty take it apart and clean your lens
Do you have the console on or near the floor

secretsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ok....it broke again, and the support line is closed (convenient for me) i may have to get it repaired so i registered it and it said ask for a repair here so i clicked it and it said only posts to us (i live in aus) but it says click here for posts to outside us so i said aus and it took me to a page where it said up the top Australia, and there was a link on the page, ask for a repair here, i click it and it turns back to us for some reason, im a bit pissed, but ill look around the site. this now seems like a thread for technological failures, feel free to post your worst luck with a console/PC just to make me feel better xD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A new DVD drive will fix it but if you have some electronics skill you can try a POT tweak/adjustment. Many, probably quite rightly, will claim it is something akin to black magic but more on it here:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=517961

Note if you buy a new DVD drive (will probably run you about $50 although I am not familiar with Australian shops) then you will need to dump the keys from the old one first, original firmwares are available on the internet but I would just flash it.

secretsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ill probably just send it to microsoft, it still has warranty, and seriously guys, i would like to hear these stories, maybe ill start a new thread

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably just a dirty laser. I repaired my friend's brother's one by opening up the xbox and the drive and then cleaning the laser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)