Gaming Games that need sequels (or a trilogy!)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about a proper sequel for the Golden Sun franchise that actually lives up to the first two? Sorry, Dark Dawn was neat, but had more holes in the plot than swiss cheese, among other issues.
(Also applies to Star Fox if they scrap the storyline after Assault, and actually make a good game that lives up to SF64...)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
- Snowboard Kids. One of my favourite N64 games ever, but the sequel was never released in the UK, the DS version was...meh, and we've had nothing since. I'd be happy with the two N64 titles found their way to the 3DS eShop or something.

- Starwing. I know we got a 3D remake of Lylat Wars but Starwing is a very different game. Needs a Virtual Console rerelease.

- Pokemon Snap. C'mon, I'm not the only one who'd kill to see a Pokemon Snap sequel that uses the AR capabilities of the 3DS to show Pokemon in the real world, with some sort of forum to exchange our best shots, etc. Seems like a no-brainer. WHY IS THIS NOT A THING?!

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Pokemon Snap. C'mon, I'm not the only one who'd kill to see a Pokemon Snap sequel that uses the AR capabilities of the 3DS to show Pokemon in the real world, with some sort of forum to exchange our best shots, etc. Seems like a no-brainer. WHY IS THIS NOT A THING?!

I can "vote" multiple times, right? Because this is too good to not happen.

BRadGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't matter what game, but we need a solid beat-em-up released. In my opinion: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (SNES)

vahnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon Snap 2
Golden Sun 4
Super Mario RPG 2
Mario Paint 2 (Unless Mario Maker proves to be a spiritual successor)
Zelda: Link's Awakening/DX 2 -and/or-
Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage (was planned then cancelled, instead they only did Seasons and Ages)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX (was planned but then cancelled, they should finish it's development although it would never happen) -and/or-
Kirby's Dream Land 4
Quest: Brian's Journey 2 and Quest 64-2
Super Mario 64 2 or HD remake (see below)
Donkey Kong Country 4 - Return of the Kremlings!
Donkey Kong Land 4
Super Mario World 3 (using SMW 1 graphics/engine)
Kirby 64 2

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I want either an HD remake, or a proper sequel to Chrono Cross. (Much better game than Chrono Trigger in my opinion, and even has character tie-ins!)

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Conker's Bad Fur Day, anyone? Conker's Other Bad Day on the N64 never made it past the prototype stage before Microsoft bought Rare. Now, 14 years later and exactly zero Conker games since (excluding the clunky platformer-turned-third-person-shooter remake) have seen the light of day. The original game was fantastic, and there would have been plenty of ground to tread for a legitimate sequel.

Super Mario RPG 2

We already got that one. Super Mario RPG 2 was released on the Nintendo 64 in 2001, however complications with Square meant Nintendo had to change the name to Paper Mario.
Kirby's Dream Land 4

The Kirby's Dream Land trilogy was eventually succeeded by Kirby's Return to Dream Land in 2011 for the Wii.

Donkey Kong Country 4 - Return of the Kremlings!

We've already gotten the fourth- and fifth Donkey Kong Country games. Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii in 2010, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for the Wii U just last year.

vahnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We already got that one. Super Mario RPG 2 was released on the Nintendo 64 in 2001, however complications with Square meant Nintendo had to change the name to Paper Mario.

It never really had the same feeling as the SNES one. Plus a sequel with non-paper graphics would be better imo.

The Kirby's Dream Land trilogy was eventually succeeded by Kirby's Return to Dream Land in 2011 for the Wii.

It's missing the animal friends D:

We've already gotten the fourth- and fifth Donkey Kong Country games. Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii in 2010, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for the Wii U just last year.

No kremlings plus the heart health. I did enjoy Tropical Freeze a lot more than Returns but they don't feel like the old school games. DKC, DKC2 and to some extent DKC3 had a similar feeling and the same style in general whereas the newer ones feel completely different.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Super Mario Bros. :tpi:

Kidding, but there really needs to be a proper (I don't count Galaxy) sequel/HD remake of Super Mario Sunshine for Wii U. It would do great as this generation's 3D Mario Game

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mirror's Edge needs a sequel soooooo badly.

They're making a prequel (which, don't get me wrong, is amazing and I was ecstatic when they announced it), but... god darn it, Faith is stuck at the top of a building surrounded by police.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-