Gaming Games that can "Save" Vita!!

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What's wrong with ports or indies if they're good? Have I been hallucinating again or is the 3DS crowd looking forward to bloody Majora's Mask the most out of all 2015 releases? The benefit of those ports is that you can play them on the go, that's the whole point. I don't play the list wars, too busy playing Freedom Wars right now. ;)
with bravely second coming right after,may i add......
anyway weren't you the one who always started the list wars?
p.s.one last thing...if your gonna keep praising ps plus then say that one little thing about if you're a plus member you'll have to be a plus member forever if you wanna play the games downloaded for free thoughout plus...

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Japan loves the handhelds: Vita doesn't need saving there. 3DS rules the roost, but Vita still performs well enough for Sony. For more proof check out the Japan PS4 sales, or the top 10 selling games of 2014 in Japan (8 are 3DS titles!)

The West however, is a different kettle of fish altogether.... consoles, as can be seen by the success story that is the PS4 and to a lesser extent (but still healthy enough sales) Xbox One, rule the roost..... 3DS has done well enough, but is losing the battle with the smartphone/tablet market. Vita on the other hand, well it was never destined to be anything more than a niche product aimed squarely at the core gamer market in the West, end of! NO game, or games, is/are gonna 'save' it, because it doesn't need saving for its target audience: I LOVE my Vita, it's an awesome little machine, as do many other members on here obviously. Sony know this too, hence the reason we're not gonna get multi million dollar budget titles on our Vita, and we don't want those either - save those for our PS4, keep trickling in those quality indie/PS3 ports to our fine handheld instead and I'll be more than happy! ;)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with ports or indies if they're good? Have I been hallucinating again or is the 3DS crowd looking forward to bloody Majora's Mask the most out of all 2015 releases? The benefit of those ports is that you can play them on the go, that's the whole point. I don't play the list wars, too busy playing Freedom Wars right now. ;)
So much this. Most of the small and indie titles on PSN are games I'd rather play on a handheld, anyway. Being able to cross save is nice icing on the cake too. The main reason I ended up getting a Vita was because of the wealth of indies (though I know that's not going to help the Vita for most people).

Btw, how is Freedom Wars? I want to pick it up, but too broke at the moment. Probably will get it soon.
with bravely second coming right after,may i add......
anyway weren't you the one who always started the list wars?
p.s.one last thing...if your gonna keep praising ps plus then say that one little thing about if you're a plus member you'll have to be a plus member forever if you wanna play the games downloaded for free thoughout plus...

Or you could... you know, pick the ones that you're interested in, and play them soon after you get them, instead of just letting them sit there and expire when PS+ is over for you. It's a subscription service: It's your own damn fault if you decide not to make use of it with the time you have. You could say the exact same thing of any digital subscription.

And if you really like a game enough to play it over and over again, it's usually pretty cheap to buy it (since it's already on PS+).

Reactions: CathyRina

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You want us to list games available globally but you just listed a game that isn't coming out globally for a while.
IT IS coming out FOR SURE in the west unlike you know...vita games,and if you wanna be the one to make a list,be my guest...
Or you could... you know, pick the ones that you're interested in, and play them soon after you get them, instead of just letting them sit there and expire when PS+ is over for you. It's a subscription service: It's your own damn fault if you decide not to make use of it with the time you have. You could say the exact same thing of any digital subscription.

And if you really like a game enough to play it over and over again, it's usually pretty cheap to buy it (since it's already on PS+).
man...i don't wanna even answer you...that's the exact same excuse that sony uses...and the point of why i mentioned ps+ wasn't even about the service (for which the main selling point is LOANING some random games to play until you're no longer +member)...the point was about sonyfans keep praising it over and over but always forget to mention that detail

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IT IS coming out FOR SURE in the west unlike you know...vita games,and if you wanna be the one to make a list,be my guest...

For a game that "for sure" is going to be localized the localization is yet undecided by Squenix. And I wouldn't get my hopes up too much since Dragon quest 9 had a decent amount of reception yet squenix decided not to localize shit for the 3DS.
I guess we simply can't get good RPG's on the 3DS until Nintendo throws some cash at publishers. And I'm not going to make a list nor post the one made by Gamatsu because I know I'm going to waste my time here since you are obviously biased against Sony so you'll be too hard to impress anyway.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For a game that "for sure" is going to be localized the localization is yet undecided by Squenix. And I wouldn't get my hopes up too much since Dragon quest 9 had a decent amount of reception yet squenix decided not to localize shit for the 3DS.
I guess we simply can't get good RPG's on the 3DS until Nintendo throws some cash at publishers. And I'm not going to make a list nor post the one made by Gamatsu because I know I'm going to waste my time here since you are obviously biased against Sony so you'll be too hard to impress anyway.
for the sequel of the most successful rpg on 3ds to be jap only is just plain stupid (if that happens).And DQ9?the 3ds isn't such a port device:ocarina,majora,ruby and sapphire were fair ones

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Totally no bias here at all!:rolleyes:
man...i don't wanna even answer you...
*Proceeds to answer me*:rolleyes:
that's the exact same excuse that sony uses...
Source? When did they use an excuse for this? I can't imagine why they'd feel the need. And I wasn't making an excuse. I was pointing out why complaining about a digital subscription service working like... a subscription service is ridiculous. If you don't like it, fine. But don't talk how a subscription service that acts JUST LIKE a subscription service is somehow a bad thing.
and the point of why i mentioned ps+ wasn't even about the service (for which the main selling point is LOANING some random games to play until you're no longer +member)
And who said otherwise?
...the point was about sonyfans keep praising it over and over but always forget to mention that detail

Oh, I'm sorry, are Sony fans all of a sudden required to give you every detail of a service and how it works? Researching before you pay for anything is your damn job. Besides, it's just common sense. When I first heard about PS+, the first thing I looked up was, "What happens when you let the subscription run out?" If you go out and pay for a subscription service without researching the actual terms, it's your fault.

Anyway, it sounds like you have a lot of fanboyish butthurt towards Sony for... some indescribable reason. You prefer the 3DS. Good for you. Don't get all hissy just because someone else prefers a different company's product. As for me, I own almost every Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft gaming platform, and will continue to enjoy them while you sit there huffing and puffing about console wars that ultimately don't matter.

PS: Also, learn how to use periods and ellipses. See how I used ellipses in my post? THAT'S what they're for; to create intentional pauses. They're not a substitute for periods at the end of every freaking sentence.

Wait, is there really a chance that Bravely Second might not hit the west? That would be really sad. I just got Bravely Default not long ago, and I absolutely love it so far, even though I don't really care much for JRPGs.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for the sequel of the most successful rpg on 3ds to be jap only is just plain stupid (if that happens).

There is a reason why I keep telling that Squenix is just full of sh*t these days. And FF13 trilogy ain't the only one.
And DQ9?the 3ds isn't such a port device:ocarina,majora,ruby and sapphire were fair ones
1. What the heck is wrong with ports/remakes? Newer generations don't have the nostalgia to be okay with outdated games. Ports are great to experience a game on a Portable device. You know, during a bus ride or in school during break. and Remakes are great for newer generations to experience classics with updated features and graphics that result in an overall better experience. The thing why I hate OOT 3D and Star Fox 64 3D is because they are just graphical upgrades and no real remakes that make the game more enjoyable. These games feel like N64 games and not like 3DS games. and I'm not spending 50€ on that.
- Streetfighter 4 was ported to 3DS
- MGS3 was ported to 3DS,
- Star fox 64 was ported to 3DS
- OOT was ported to 3DS
- Tales of the abyss was ported to the 3DS
- Monster hunter 3 was ported to 3DS- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl was remaked for the 3DS
- Rayman 2 was ported for 3DS
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers was ported for 3DS
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy was ported for 3DS
- Donkey kong country returns was ported for 3DS
- Cave story was ported for 3DS
- Ruby and sapphire was remaked for the 3DS
- MM is going to be ported to 3DS
- Xenoblade cronicles is going to be ported to the N3DS

Yeah 3DS isn't a porting machine like the Vita. At all. There are even more that never came out of Japan ;)
Wait, is there really a chance that Bravely Second might not hit the west? That would be really sad. I just got Bravely Default not long ago, and I absolutely love it so far, even though I don't really care much for JRPGs.
Yeah squenix is really dumb lately. I wish to say "oh yeah the source is kinda outdated" but the tweet saying it's undecided whenever or not they gonna localize it is fresh.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure when, or not sure if they're going to? There is a difference.
The tweet says they like the reception and probably want to localize it but it's not decided yet.
I guess they want to finish the game first and see if there won't be too much censorship since the exorcist class was confirmed lately which might be problematic in the west.

habib.duloh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
got 2 Play-Asia coupons for $5 off for a minimum of $60 purchase. expiry date january 29 2015. email me the link of the product you want to buy, i will convert it to my affiliate link and will send the coupon.

email me at [email protected].

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Source? When did they use an excuse for this? I can't imagine why they'd feel the need. And I wasn't making an excuse. I was pointing out why complaining about a digital subscription service working like... a subscription service is ridiculous. If you don't like it, fine. But don't talk how a subscription service that acts JUST LIKE a subscription service is somehow a bad thing.

And who said otherwise?

Oh, I'm sorry, are Sony fans all of a sudden required to give you every detail of a service and how it works? Researching before you pay for anything is your damn job. Besides, it's just common sense. When I first heard about PS+, the first thing I looked up was, "What happens when you let the subscription run out?" If you go out and pay for a subscription service without researching the actual terms, it's your fault.

Anyway, it sounds like you have a lot of fanboyish butthurt towards Sony for... some indescribable reason. You prefer the 3DS. Good for you. Don't get all hissy just because someone else prefers a different company's product. As for me, I own almost every Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft gaming platform, and will continue to enjoy them while you sit there huffing and puffing about console wars that ultimately don't matter..
yeah now even games are the same as movies where you loan it for a week and give it back...

sonyfans says otherwise,are you really telling me that you haven't seen them on this site trying to convince others of joining + by saying it gives games FOR FREE?(on this point i'm not gonna admit complains because it's a FACT,besides this site should be made for the gamers and not for the companies...)

funny i consider myself to be nintendo and sony shippers as far gaming goes,the vita is just an exception,say that to sega that console wars don't matter

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. What the heck is wrong with ports/remakes? Newer generations don't have the nostalgia to be okay with outdated games. Ports are great to experience a game on a Portable device. You know, during a bus ride or in school during break. and Remakes are great for newer generations to experience classics with updated features and graphics that result in an overall better experience. The thing why I hate OOT 3D and Star Fox 64 3D is because they are just graphical upgrades and no real remakes that make the game more enjoyable. These games feel like N64 games and not like 3DS games. and I'm not spending 50€ on that.
- Streetfighter 4 was ported to 3DS
- MGS3 was ported to 3DS,
- Star fox 64 was ported to 3DS
- OOT was ported to 3DS
- Tales of the abyss was ported to the 3DS
- Monster hunter 3 was ported to 3DS- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl was remaked for the 3DS
- Rayman 2 was ported for 3DS
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers was ported for 3DS
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy was ported for 3DS
- Donkey kong country returns was ported for 3DS
- Cave story was ported for 3DS
- Ruby and sapphire was remaked for the 3DS
- MM is going to be ported to 3DS
- Xenoblade cronicles is going to be ported to the N3DS

Yeah 3DS isn't a porting machine like the Vita. At all. There are even more that never came out of Japan ;)
my comcept of fair is that 10 years or at least 2 console gen went past...i see that a good number of them meet the requirements...

anyway why are we keep comparing the two consoles?i didn't even start that,and you should know that my opinion is similar to the general one which is "a console can't be made of just ports and indies"i do concede that in vita case is "mostly" and not "just" though

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yeah now even games are the same as movies where you loan it for a week and give it back...

sonyfans says otherwise,are you really telling me that you haven't seen them on this site trying to convince others of joining + by saying it gives games FOR FREE?(on this point i'm not gonna admit complains because it's a FACT,besides this site should be made for the gamers and not for the companies...)

funny i consider myself to be nintendo and sony shippers as far gaming goes,the vita is just an exception,say that to sega that console wars don't matter
It's not a matter of convincing anyone, it's a fact. You pay for the Plus service and as a part of that service you get access to games for as long as you subscribe, what's wrong with that? I've been on Plus for ages and I reap benefits on three PlayStation systems I own - a PS3, a PSVita and a PS4. Excuse me, but getting 6 or so new games monthly is well-worth the expense, if you don't think so, don't subscribe.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's not a matter of convincing anyone, it's a fact. You pay for the Plus service and as a part of that service you get access to games for as long as you subscribe, what's wrong with that? I've been on Plus for ages and I reap benefits on three PlayStation systems I own - a PS3, a PSVita and a PS4. Excuse me, but getting 6 or so new games monthly is well-worth the expense, if you don't think so, don't subscribe.
the complain wasn't so much on +.
but on sonyfan in this site that if they are gonna stick to it so bad by even praising ps+ they HAVE to mention that is LOANING not FOR FREE which is giving false info and for what?i can understand sony because they earn an income but here?to just blow some wind on their ship?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the complain wasn't so much on +.
but on sonyfan in this site that if they are gonna stick to it so bad by even praising ps+ they HAVE to mention that is LOANING not FOR FREE which is giving false info and for what?i can understand sony because they earn an income but here?to just blow some wind on their ship?
The games *are* free, they're a part of the service. It's like a complimentary meal in a hotel - it's free of charge because you're staying over, use the buffet to your heart's content for *as long as you're using the hotel's services*.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The games *are* free, they're a part of the service. It's like a complimentary meal in a hotel - it's free of charge because you're staying over, use the buffet to your heart's content for *as long as you're using the hotel's services*.
wow,my cheers,that is one heck of a business man reply,worthy of a sony upper ranker.
unfortunately we are all customers in primis here,and with the shoes of a customer can you really joke about stuff like this with a customer's heart?
we all know that society is ripping all of us off everyday by hiding details or playing with double-meaning words,and i bet even you have at least once been tricked by this system (as of me of course)
i get that is the way of life and how this society works but are you telling me that you are so coldhearted that you don't feel sorry when an unexperience kid gets tricked by this system?
and one example of it is when in this site sonyhardcorefans purposely hide this important fact to the newbies...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
wow,my cheers,that is one heck of a business man reply,worthy of a sony upper ranker.
unfortunately we are all customers in primis here,and with the shoes of a customer can you really joke about stuff like this with a customer's heart?
we all know that society is ripping all of us off everyday by hiding details or playing with double-meaning words,and i bet even you have at least once been tricked by this system (as me by of course)
i get that is the way of life and how this society works but are you telling me that you are so coldhearted that you don't feel sorry when an unexperience kid gets tricked by this system?
and one example of it is when in this site sonyhardcorefans purposely hide this important fact to the newbies...
There's no deceit involved, the service terms are worded in easily understandable terms - if you're a PSPlus subscriber, you get to play the free games. Nobody forces you to claim your Instant Game Collection games, they don't magically appear on your account, you have to claim them in the store and you can miss out on them if you forget there are new ones available. You're entitled to take advantage of the IGC, but you don't have to if you don't want to, much like you don't have to show up for a breakfast in a hotel. The games are bound to your account forever - if you run out of Plus, they will be made available to you once you renew your subscription. It's all written in black and white in no uncertain terms, it can't be more obvious. I too would class them as rentals, but it doesn't change the fact that they're free games for subscribers. Don't give me the "inexperienced kid getting tricked" talk - I'm not responsible for people's lack of reading comprehension and neither is Sony. They lay down the terms of the service, and I underline that, the service. Not a good, a service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo