Homebrew Games supporting save swaps between 3DS/PC

Pokepicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi there!
I was just wondering if there is a list of games that support moving saves between your 3DS and PC.

I happened to read that The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth supports this. I tested the same method with Steamworld Dig, and it worked flawlessly. I remember having to change the name of the save files for Binding of Isaac. I don't remember if I did with Steamworld Dig. But that should be apparent enough if you start a save on your 3DS, and make a backup of it with something like JKSV, or svdt.

If someone has a link to a pre-compiled list that would be great. If not, any contribution toward gathering such a list would be much appreciated.
I don't know how this forum works when it comes to editing old posts. But if possible, I wouldn't mind keeping the list up to date.

For those unaware of the process.
PC save to 3DS: If you have not played the game on 3DS yet, you should start it at least once before proceeding. Back up your 3DS game with your preferred save manager.
Now go to your PC, find the save game you want to transfer and put it into the folder on your 3DS containing the save backup. The files should have the same names. Now if you use your save manager again, and Import the save (now containing files from PC), it should recognize your progress when you open the game.
3DS save to PC: Same story here. If you have not yet played the game on PC, you should probably start it up once. Just so it can create all the files and folders it wants. Use a save manager to back up your 3DS game. Copy the files in the folder containing your save file to your PC. Place them where they belong, and make sure they have the same file name.

Tested and confirmed:
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Steamworld Dig

Last edited by Pokepicker,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tomodachi life. I used the tomodachi life editor on the computer and imported it no worries.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to use this. Can someone tell me how to?
Have you even read the README, which is automatically opened when you click the github link? It flat-out states, and I quote, "To quickly download all the XMLs, click "Clone or download" then "Download ZIP" near the top of this page. Then place the mmap folder at the root of your 3DS SD card, and replace boot.3dsx with new_boot.3dsx, or use it like any other homebrew application."

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Download the repository by clicking the "Clone Or Download" button on the top right.
2. Rename the new_boot.3dsx to boot.3dsx.
3. Replace the boot.3dsx on your SD card with the boot.3dsx you just renamed.
4. Copy the mmap folder to the root of your SD card.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Download the repository by clicking the "Clone Or Download" button on the top right.
2. Rename the new_boot.3dsx to boot.3dsx.
3. Replace the boot.3dsx on your SD card with the boot.3dsx you just renamed.
4. Copy the mmap folder to the root of your SD card.
Just did all of that and there's no app to use in the HBL that would allow me to recover saved data.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know GBA games won't work since those are not true VC games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where do I put my corrupted R/B/Y saves?

Pokepicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tomodachi life. I used the tomodachi life editor on the computer and imported it no worries.
Uhm. I'm looking for games that let you move and play your save files. Across plattforms.
I don't believe there is any PC version of Tamadochi Life. In other words, I'm looking for games with both PC and 3DS versions.

Why would one do this? So you can continue your game on the road. Or move the save from your 3DS and over to your more powerfull computer for gaming at home.

Last edited by Pokepicker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE