Games supporting save swaps between 3DS/PC

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pokepicker, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Pokepicker
    OP

Pokepicker GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2015
    Norway
    Hi there!
    I was just wondering if there is a list of games that support moving saves between your 3DS and PC.

I happened to read that The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth supports this. I tested the same method with Steamworld Dig, and it worked flawlessly. I remember having to change the name of the save files for Binding of Isaac. I don't remember if I did with Steamworld Dig. But that should be apparent enough if you start a save on your 3DS, and make a backup of it with something like JKSV, or svdt.

If someone has a link to a pre-compiled list that would be great. If not, any contribution toward gathering such a list would be much appreciated.
    I don't know how this forum works when it comes to editing old posts. But if possible, I wouldn't mind keeping the list up to date.

For those unaware of the process.
    PC save to 3DS: If you have not played the game on 3DS yet, you should start it at least once before proceeding. Back up your 3DS game with your preferred save manager.
    Now go to your PC, find the save game you want to transfer and put it into the folder on your 3DS containing the save backup. The files should have the same names. Now if you use your save manager again, and Import the save (now containing files from PC), it should recognize your progress when you open the game.
    3DS save to PC: Same story here. If you have not yet played the game on PC, you should probably start it up once. Just so it can create all the files and folders it wants. Use a save manager to back up your 3DS game. Copy the files in the folder containing your save file to your PC. Place them where they belong, and make sure they have the same file name.

Tested and confirmed:
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    Steamworld Dig

Last edited by Pokepicker, Jul 12, 2016
  2. Ella879

Ella879 Banned

Banned
    May 26, 2016
    United States
    Cave Story eShop

3. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Tomodachi life. I used the tomodachi life editor on the computer and imported it no worries.

4. 03bgood

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Need help getting back my Pokemon R/B/Y saves and nothings working on my homebrew enabled n3DS w/ 11.0. Is it possible with OFW, instead of CFW?

5. configchan

configchan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2016
  6. 03bgood

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
  7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Have you even read the README, which is automatically opened when you click the github link? It flat-out states, and I quote, "To quickly download all the XMLs, click "Clone or download" then "Download ZIP" near the top of this page. Then place the mmap folder at the root of your 3DS SD card, and replace boot.3dsx with new_boot.3dsx, or use it like any other homebrew application."

8. configchan

Jun 20, 2016
    1. Download the repository by clicking the "Clone Or Download" button on the top right.
    2. Rename the new_boot.3dsx to boot.3dsx.
    3. Replace the boot.3dsx on your SD card with the boot.3dsx you just renamed.
    4. Copy the mmap folder to the root of your SD card.

9. 03bgood

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Just did all of that and there's no app to use in the HBL that would allow me to recover saved data.

10. configchan

Jun 20, 2016
    This is a fix to the HBL to allow save managers to boot with games using 9.6 crypto. Launch JKSM using this.

11. 03bgood

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Okay and this will work with VC saves, correct?

12. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Fidget-Spinning Spicy Memelord™

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Over There
    They're exactly the same as everything else, so yes.

13. configchan

Jun 20, 2016
    I think so. It won't work for GBA VC, though, but this isn't GBA VC.

14. 03bgood

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I know GBA games won't work since those are not true VC games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Where do I put my corrupted R/B/Y saves?

15. Pokepicker
    OP

Pokepicker GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2015
    Norway
    Uhm. I'm looking for games that let you move and play your save files. Across plattforms.
    I don't believe there is any PC version of Tamadochi Life. In other words, I'm looking for games with both PC and 3DS versions.

Why would one do this? So you can continue your game on the road. Or move the save from your 3DS and over to your more powerfull computer for gaming at home.

Last edited by Pokepicker, Jul 12, 2016
  16. 03bgood

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    A PC would emulate 3DS games really poorly, unlike GBA and (to some degree) DS games.