Games of the Month: November 2011

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm taking the games industry to court for attempted homicide on my wallet. It's sad to think that a bunch of good games are probably going to get lost in the clusterfuck.

Anyway, the games I care about.

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded - Thank you, Activision. However, I know this is going to be tossed over by a lot of people. The hype and marketing don't seem to be there, and since recent Bond games haven't sold spectacularly in the past...

Well, if I can find the change, I'll be picking this up. It'll be great to try to the original classic with the modern touches to keep it playable. (I think videogames are the only medium where that can really be justified)

Skyrim - I'm looking forward to this... to an extent. I enjoyed Oblivion despite its many faults, and this seems to offer a good amount of improvements. I won't go out and buy it immediately, but it looks like it will be decently fun.

MGS HD Collection - I think the recent "HD remake" trend has gotten a little out of hand, but sometimes, an amazing deal is an amazing deal. The port of Peace Walker alone would be tempting, but the added bonus of MGS2, MGS3, and the original games is enough to seal it.

Now, if only someone were to make a Timesplitters HD Remake...

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - I've always enjoyed the series, and though I think Treyarch knocked it out of the park with Black Ops, I think Infinity Ward did a fine job with MW (especially) and MW2. What really has me apprehensive is that this isn't even an Infinity Ward game; it's the gutted remnants of the developer plus a few others collaborating to make the game equivalent of the Frankenstein Monster.

It could turn out to be good, but... Well, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Saints Row The Third - I have only one fear about this game: That it will go so balls out crazy that the game itself will suffer for it. However, SR2 was a blast, so it doesn't seem to likely.

Please, please, please let this be amazing.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - I've gotten all the AC games this far, but with everything else coming out, something had to go. Besides, another game focusing on Ezio? I like the guy, sure, but this is the third time already.

Then again, if losing Ezio means being stuck with only Desmond...

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - Ha, no.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't know that.
Why EU has to wait 1 month to get it T_T

You guys get Tales of the Abyss like 3 months earlier than us though. If anyone actually cares about a Tales of game more than Kirby.
Don't you diss tales, I'm thinking about getting a 3ds just for it.

My works gonna suffer this month, far too many good games in too short a period of time. It's like companies want their game to fail, competing against such high profile titles.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't know that.
Why EU has to wait 1 month to get it T_T

You guys get Tales of the Abyss like 3 months earlier than us though. If anyone actually cares about a Tales of game more than Kirby.
Don't you diss tales, I'm thinking about getting a 3ds just for it.

My works gonna suffer this month, far too many good games in too short a period of time. It's like companies want their game to fail, competing against such high profile titles.

/got a 3DS just for it.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only one I'm excited for is Sonic Generations. Never been a Mario fan personally as long as I have been into video games.

22nd though is cutting close to Black Friday for the 3DS Version. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna pick it up though, believe me. If it came out on Black Friday, I'd happily get there 5 hours early and buy it before the rush began, hell I'd fight the rush for it.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First I will get Zelda and finish it in a week.
Then COD ill keep me busy till next november with FIFA 12.. if there is a new pokemon game in that time I will play that because when i get a new:
COD
Pokemon
FIFA

I am busy for a year

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
mario and sonic generations instant buy.
will get mario kart or zelda with them.
I'll get the one remaining for christmas.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Then COD ill keep me busy till next november with FIFA 12.. if there is a new pokemon game in that time I will play that because when i get a new:
COD
Pokemon
FIFA

I am busy for a year
...you must have a lot of time on your hands...35 hours without the sidequests they say

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
COD
Pokemon
FIFA

I am busy for a year
...you must have a lot of time on your hands...35 hours without the sidequests they say
I have holidays from November 20th

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
COD
Pokemon
FIFA

I am busy for a year

35/7=5
5 hours a day is pretty trivial even with school or work to deal with.

Xanthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol Skyrim is probably my most anticipated game! Not to mention Super Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword, and Cave Story... I'm willing to bet they'll all be great. Kind of uncanny that someone would give so much praise to a re-release but trash talk all those big-name titles. Eh, opinions will be opinions I suppose.

I've never tried Saint's Row before, but the ad I saw on TV for #3 was pretty enticing, so I might have to give it a try. As for the new CoD, well... let's just say I'll be too busy playing BF3 to care.

When AC was mentioned, I'll assume you're referring to Assassin's Creed, but it also brought to mind the new Ace Combat that's releasing for the 3DS mid-November. Probably not enough hype to be mentioned I guess, but I'm a huge flight game buff so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

hellklown

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hellklowndumpster.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Looking forward to lose plenty of hours in Skyrim as I did in Oblivion. I'm not completely sure on getting Cave Story, still haven't decided since I haven't seen anything that justifies the extra cost compared to the 2D version.
Looking forward on how COD MW3 will fare against BF3 since I feel that the MW games are loosing their appeal, the same mechanics and cliches in every game. Waiting for the next one from Treyarch XD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging