Hacking Games Freezing on R4 SDHC (DSi)

xtabelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone!

It's been a couple of years since I've played on my DSi so I decided to revisit the nostalgia.
I tried playing games on my R4, however they keep freezing/pausing at random points. I've already done a backup and reformatted twice, and it still didn't resolve the issue.
And then I decided to experiment to see if it was the firmware issue or the games itself - I downloaded a rom and put it in and saw it worked perfectly. Therefore it's the roms that are the issue, not the firmware.
Does anyone know how to fix these old roms so that they won't freeze anymore? And of course they are years old but I'm not sure if that would affect them.
Also I tried renaming the .sav files to .SAV and vice versa but that won't work either.

Thanks! :)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

It's been a couple of years since I've played on my DSi so I decided to revisit the nostalgia.
I tried playing games on my R4, however they keep freezing/pausing at random points. I've already done a backup and reformatted twice, and it still didn't resolve the issue.
And then I decided to experiment to see if it was the firmware issue or the games itself - I downloaded a rom and put it in and saw it worked perfectly. Therefore it's the roms that are the issue, not the firmware.
Does anyone know how to fix these old roms so that they won't freeze anymore? And of course they are years old but I'm not sure if that would affect them.
Also I tried renaming the .sav files to .SAV and vice versa but that won't work either.

Thanks! :)
Delete the old roms and get fresh copys

Reactions: xtabelle

xtabelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delete the old roms and get fresh copys

I tried that at first and it just generated a new .sav file. However, I tried changing the new .nds file name so that it is the exact same as the .sav file. Fortunately, that worked, I played no problem!
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1