Hacking Games freeze with Acekard 2i

etabeta73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have searched around a lot, but couldn't find an answer.

I just received an Acekard 2i. Installed akaio 1.8.1 and a few roms.
The problem is the games appear to freeze randomly. Usually, the first time I start a game, it freezes on white screen right after the yellow "Loading". The second time I start it, a game tends to freeze right after the titles. Even when I get a game running, it freezes randomly -- I would say mostly when it is saving data, but I may be wrong. When I switch from one game to another, it goes back to freezing during loading.

I have tried tweaking the per-game patches, but with no luck. I also tried a different sd card, again with no difference.

Is this normal? Are there any fixes? Could it be a problem with the DS card?

Thanks!!

etabeta73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried the paper tricks, but interestingly they made no difference at all, so I think I can exclude a problem with contacts. I also tried sitting the sd card is slightly different positions.

The sd card had already been formatted with the panasonic formatter. Just to be on the safe side, I used another sd card -- same results.

One thing I noticed is that the problem appears to get worse as the card "warms up": when I first turn on the DS, I can play for as much as 5-10 minutes, but with time the card freezes more often, and in an hour or so I am to the point where I can get past the game's title sequence only once every three or four attempts.

I suspect the only option is to have it replaced. What do you think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o