Games freeze with Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by etabeta73, Dec 20, 2010.

Dec 20, 2010

Games freeze with Acekard 2i by etabeta73 at 12:56 PM (2,004 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. etabeta73
    OP

Newcomer etabeta73 Newbie

United States
    Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have searched around a lot, but couldn't find an answer.

I just received an Acekard 2i. Installed akaio 1.8.1 and a few roms.
    The problem is the games appear to freeze randomly. Usually, the first time I start a game, it freezes on white screen right after the yellow "Loading". The second time I start it, a game tends to freeze right after the titles. Even when I get a game running, it freezes randomly -- I would say mostly when it is saving data, but I may be wrong. When I switch from one game to another, it goes back to freezing during loading.

I have tried tweaking the per-game patches, but with no luck. I also tried a different sd card, again with no difference.

Is this normal? Are there any fixes? Could it be a problem with the DS card?

Thanks!!

2. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
  3. alukadoo

Member alukadoo GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. etabeta73
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried the paper tricks, but interestingly they made no difference at all, so I think I can exclude a problem with contacts. I also tried sitting the sd card is slightly different positions.

The sd card had already been formatted with the panasonic formatter. Just to be on the safe side, I used another sd card -- same results.

One thing I noticed is that the problem appears to get worse as the card "warms up": when I first turn on the DS, I can play for as much as 5-10 minutes, but with time the card freezes more often, and in an hour or so I am to the point where I can get past the game's title sequence only once every three or four attempts.

I suspect the only option is to have it replaced. What do you think?

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    what games are you using, what are the release numbers, and can you verify they are good "clean" dumps.

-another world

6. etabeta73
    OP

United States
    It turns out it was the card. The replacement works great. Thanks everybody!!!!!