Games freeze with Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by etabeta73, Dec 20, 2010.

1. etabeta73
    OP

etabeta73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2010
    United States
    Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have searched around a lot, but couldn't find an answer.

I just received an Acekard 2i. Installed akaio 1.8.1 and a few roms.
    The problem is the games appear to freeze randomly. Usually, the first time I start a game, it freezes on white screen right after the yellow "Loading". The second time I start it, a game tends to freeze right after the titles. Even when I get a game running, it freezes randomly -- I would say mostly when it is saving data, but I may be wrong. When I switch from one game to another, it goes back to freezing during loading.

I have tried tweaking the per-game patches, but with no luck. I also tried a different sd card, again with no difference.

Is this normal? Are there any fixes? Could it be a problem with the DS card?

Thanks!!

2. HaniKazmi

HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
  3. alukadoo

alukadoo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    far away from you..
  4. etabeta73
    OP

etabeta73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2010
    United States
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried the paper tricks, but interestingly they made no difference at all, so I think I can exclude a problem with contacts. I also tried sitting the sd card is slightly different positions.

The sd card had already been formatted with the panasonic formatter. Just to be on the safe side, I used another sd card -- same results.

One thing I noticed is that the problem appears to get worse as the card "warms up": when I first turn on the DS, I can play for as much as 5-10 minutes, but with time the card freezes more often, and in an hour or so I am to the point where I can get past the game's title sequence only once every three or four attempts.

I suspect the only option is to have it replaced. What do you think?

5. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    what games are you using, what are the release numbers, and can you verify they are good "clean" dumps.

-another world

6. etabeta73
    OP

etabeta73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2010
    United States
    It turns out it was the card. The replacement works great. Thanks everybody!!!!!