Reactions: 2 people

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how you guys are comparing Vita battery life to 3DS. Yes of course they are similar, but 3DS does THREE DEE. I'll probably buy a vita once it gets hacked and you can get a memory card for non-rapist prices.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about the Uncharted 3 review? It was certainly a bit controversial but I feel it was valid point. The game was a pain to control.

No, I'm talking about that game review that was of course bad because some people disagreed. And of course if people disagree with a review of a game site it immediately means that game site is shit.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
his opinion is actually spot on to what i also think those launch tittles are weak and dont let me start at the price thsi past day have been brutal to the vita with all the not so good news about

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
from the wiki of geff gerstmann:

Gerstmann was dismissed from his position at GameSpot as Editorial Director on November 28, 2007.[3] Immediately after his termination, rumors circulated proclaiming his dismissal was a result of external pressure from Eidos Interactive the publisher of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men which Gerstmann had previously given a Fair rating, which is relatively undesirable, along with critique.[4] This was at a time when Eidos had been putting heavy advertising money into GameSpot,[4] going as far as transforming the entire website to use a Kane & Lynch theme and background instead of the regular GameSpot layout, regardless of which game or page viewers were seeing. Both GameSpot and parent company CNET stated that his dismissal was unrelated to the negative review, but have never cited any reason why his termination was deserved.[5] In accordance with California State Law and CNET Networks, GameSpot could not give details as to why Gerstmann was terminated.[6] Following Gerstmann's termination, editors Alex Navarro, Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker, and Vinny Caravella left GameSpot, feeling that they could no longer work for a publication that was perceived as having caved in to advertiser pressure.[4]

gamespot clearly fired him, because he gave a game, which had massive ads on their site, a bad review. so i would reconsider your thoughts on a company, which obviously can be bought

Reactions: 1 person

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the strongest (unstated and likely unintentional) point that Mr. Noble makes in listing all of the flaws is that the Vita will be difficult to enjoy legally.

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you could always google for yourself. its not hard to find several articles regarding this subject. wiki was just the fastest and easiest for me, but i clearly remember that incident, so i didnt need to search any further.
but as usual, belive what you want and be as uneducated as you see fits. your choice, don't care. just wanted to show to those who wanted to know

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Gamespot has taken an immense dive in quality....of most notable embarrassment the implied positive tilt which large companies have over them (http://kotaku.com/328244/gamespot-editor-fired-over-kane--lynch-review)

The only decent way to use Reviews is to ignore all scoring and use a Review Aggregation site like Gamerankings (not Metacritic....it's awful) to give you a range of reviews to READ. IGN and Gamespot are both a bit iffy but if you read enough reviews you'll assemble a more complete picture.

Also given Gamepro are finished now this guy's opinion doesn't mean much...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only decent way to use Reviews is to ignore all scoring and use a Review Aggregation site like Gamerankings (not Metacritic....it's awful) to give you a range of reviews to READ. IGN and Gamespot are both a bit iffy but if you read enough reviews you'll assemble a more complete picture.

That's really not much different from just reading a regular review. There are very few games that have complete opposite opinions, must games are usually reviewed as a whole by the gaming community to be roughly the same score, maybe with an outlier here and there.

As for the Gamespot thing, wouldn't this whole Kane and Lynch debacle just show that while it's run by greedy shitheads, they have editors and writers who are good enough to take a stand against bribery and review things as they should be reviewed?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's really not much different from just reading a regular review.

Of course it is.....if you read a single "regular" review you only get one person's particular tilt/bias. By reading many reviews, whilst of course they will cover much the same ground, the reviewers will probably have different unique takes on the certain elements of the game in question. Add in Gamefaq's user reviews (rubbish in general, and extremely biased but they serve as a good counterpoint to critic reviews) and if you use at least 3 critic reviews which offer different viewpoints you should get a fair idea.

The issue about reviewers being honest is that with the threat of review blackouts if they are "too honest", and ad revenue withdrawal, it's exceptionally rare to find people who will actually maul those big name games. Most will just score the game well because they are pressured too, but their writing will turn out somewhat flat and uneffusive.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with him on most points. There's still a chance I'll get one.

Those are pretty good reasons though... nothing ridiculous here. Just his opinion.
He doesn't mention the 250 dollar model, he doesn't slam the 3DS for awful battery life, this system has AMAZING launch titles, Complaining about a feature that will be added in the near future is just plain ignorance.

I bought my 3DS at launch and the only game then was SSF4

You know what I am getting for Vita launch?

-Wipeout 2048
-Touch My Katamari
-Shinobido 2
-Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
-Army Corps of Hell
-Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
-Gravity Rush
-Disgaea 3
-Unchated Golden Abyss

And maybe Hot Shots Golf, maybe
It's still his opinion...

The Vita's launch list is better than the 3DS's but I still think it's bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://kansasreflector.com/2024/06/28/kansas-set-to-implement-head-spinning-collection-of-new-la...