OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
Im new to the whole Wii Homebrew scene. Anyway a question i got, I have a softmodded Wii. I have a few gamecube games and a old Gamecube memory card. I didn't know if there was a app that would allow me to copy the saves off my memory card and onto my SD card on my wii. Then transfer them back when need be? The reason im asking is the only place around here i could find a memory card was a old 59 block one which is only gonna allow me to put a few games on it.

CrazySka

The Original Ska
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
Answered my own question duh Figured it out
smile.gif

CrazySka

The Original Ska
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a different one then this one? its not working for me I think it may be because i have an 8gig SDHC card.???>>? I thought I read there was another one somewher? I know this SDHC card is giving me problems with some stuff loading and other stuff not loading heh. I'll have to pick up a normal 2gig SD tomorrow

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NuGaSa is still the best one around. Well, I don't have the time today to add SDHC support, but if you are going to use a 2GB card it should work.

CrazySka

The Original Ska
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
NuGaSa is still the best one around. Well, I don't have the time today to add SDHC support, but if you are going to use a 2GB card it should work.

I just wanted to use SDHC because its more space to put my ROms on for my N64 games etc lol, MAME, N64

Lord-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the gamecube memory card has to be unplugged when you start the app, and once started then you plug it.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tried NuGaSa, but it wouldn't let me backup my saves, or restore them. Gamecube saver worked though, but the restored save wasn't detected by the game. Any thoughts?
(I used SD, and SDHC for both, but only SD worked)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've read some savegame manager have problems with retail memory cards.
It's working for some users and not working for others. I think the Brand/model/block size have an importance.
I can't suggest any Wii homebrew to do that, I never used one.

Though, I successfully backup and restored Saves using a Gamecube homebrew (wii in gamecube mode) using an SDGecko and MCBackup.
If you have one, you could try to launch it using swiss + swiss booter.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, until now I have used mcbackup succesfully but all I get is an error when importing the f-zero saves, "Error during restore"

the files are called:
8P-GFZP-f_zero.dat.gci
8P-GFZP-fzc.dat.gci

any problem with these? are them gci hidden dat files or what?
I could restore some biohazard or mario sunshine files but not these ones

edit: I read a little bit, seems that f-zero saves have some kind of protection, but only if saving to another memcard or after formatting memcard which I am not doing. Also I tried copying mario sunshine which doesn't have any kind of protection and it also gave me error. Actually it's quite random, a downloaded wind waker save I have sometimes can be copied, sometimes can't, but the biohazard always get copied...

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
What about GCMM? There's a r11 that hasn't been tested.

I got it to compile with the latest DevKitPPC and libogc releases, but only after changing the diropen, dirnext and dirclose commands to opendir, readdir and closedir, respectively.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember if my F-zero X worked fine with MCBackup and my retail (smallest version) Memory card.
But I know it didn't work on the 8MB one.

Is your MC a retail one?

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
I think not. It says nintendo everywhere... memory card 59; DOL-008. funny enough I could copy a downloaded save (european version). I even formated my sdgecko sd just in case.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, so it's an original memory card. It should work fine.

But like you said, Fzero has a protected save and is in multi part. I didn't retry with my version to say if it works or not, sorry.

Maybe you could try other homebrew, or use DML (Dios Mios Lite) to write GC saves directly to SD card in Raw format. I don't know if Fzero is compatible.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Dogway said:
I will try tonight r11, but the GCMM I got even didn't like my memcard. Error -5 or something.

Maybe you can try again? Remember that the latest available binary is from 2008, and most of the Memory Cards problems on it are due to the old libogc releases. The devkitpro staff has corrected a lot of bugs in these 3 years.

Oh yeah, I forgot to give you the r11 executable: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H50CFMZ4.

QUOTE(Cyan @ Aug 23 2011, 06:58 AM) yeah, so it's an original memory card. It should work fine.

But like you said, Fzero has a protected save and is in multi part. I didn't retry with my version to say if it works or not, sorry.

Maybe you could try other homebrew, or use DML (Dios Mios Lite) to write GC saves directly to SD card in Raw format. I don't know if Fzero is compatible.

DML doesn't have the No More Memory code integrated into its binary, so you can't really write saves to a SD card just by loading games through it. That's exactly the main reason I decided to buy a 64MB Memory Card recently.

If you meant NMM, then it's OK, but he'll most likely have to use it with SNEEK, since it doesn't work very well on a real NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1