Hacking Gamecube save transfer to 1st party memory cards

  • Thread starter Thread starter jarop
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 13,584
  • Replies Replies 45

jarop

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Trophies
1
XP
311
Country
Ok, here's my problem (Because this hasn't been posted a million times before). I want to transfer saves from my SD card, IE .gci files, to my official nintendo memory cards. I have a white one and a black one, and from what i've seen this makes no difference. I have tried:

Nugasa - The author has said that this has no 1st party support so i accept that this probably isn't the way to go

Gamecube saver - I MADE SURE I FOLLOWED EVERY SINGLE STEP. There was no copy of the save on the memoy card, hell i even emptied the damn thing (both of them actually), i tried various file names like A.GCI, XX.gci etc. No luck. Tried 4 different saves across 4 different games, all saves taken from gfaqs. Posts around the forum have indicated both yes, GCS works on official cards and no it doesn't. When i try it comes up with /512, rapidly producing lines, gives me a code dump and the reset. There doesnt appear to be any errors although i may be wrong.

Can somebody confirm for me or work out what's gone wrong? I don't want to go buy another memory card =]

My apologises if i missed a topic explaining this.
 
Are you using an SDHC (what size SD card)? What system menu version? Do you have a cIOS installed and if so what version?
 
Impossible. What did you do ? Gamecube Saver and NuGaSa wont work on my 251 block offical card (first party).. I know that you had to try a few times but I did that also and it won't work at all. Did you have to rename xxx.gci file properly or doesn't it matter ? Really, what did you do ?
 
I use gamecube saver with a first party memory card and it works. Read the wiki page on it from wiibrew.org for more info, but basically you have to have a .gci save file RENAMED to something with one or two capital letters (i.e. AA.gci or B.gci in the folder gc_saves in the root of the sd. And you can only have one file in the folder at a time for the copy to work. It causes a code dump everytime you use it, but I have successfully transfered many gc save files from sd card to first party gc mem card with this app.
 
Yeah, I also have the 251 black nintendo gamecube card used this to install a save for melee

P.S. I would name it WW.GCI just for wind waker but thats just me
 
You can do it.

But you will need the mod chip Viper Extreme + USB flasher in your Cube.

Than you can do everything.
smile.gif

(I tested.)
 
I export raw file from Dolphin into .gci then put one file into the folder....

I am using GameCube Saver with WW.gci and press A and I got weird code then I press A again: "RESET". I turn off the power and turn it on again. I check to see if my memory is there.. Nothing. I tried few time. Nothing!

For NuGaSa, I cannot press 1.. No reponsive but press 2 works however error. I don't understand.
 
Those who actually got it working on an official card. Is it possible with a clean wii? i'm on 3.2E, but i don't have any modchips. My SD card is properly formatted
 
Yes, possible with a clean wii. Gamecube saver works for me on 3.2E softmod (no modchip, or gecko sd, or anything. If you have gc_saves inthe root your sd card and only have one save file in the folder when you use the app, Gamecube saver, I can't imagine what the problem you are having is. This is the correct format, and this is how I transfer gamecube save files from sd to first party memory card. I have had a few times where the save file fails to transfer, but it always has worked on a repeat attempt. Sometimes it seems to help if you erase any existing save files for the game your trying to transfer, but most seem to work without doing this.
 
This one--- MemoryCardA.USA.raw the size of 2.00mb I use for Dolphin Emulator and I export it into WW.gci which is the size of 96.0kb. I put it in gc_saves folder and rename .gci to WW.gci (Zelda Wind Waker). I used the gamecube controller and press A. I got weird code on the screen then I press A again and I got message "reset". I turn off the Wii and turn it on. I go to gamecube memory card and the file was still not there. I repeat few time. Same problem.
 
Use GameCube Memory Manager (GCMM). It doesn't have official Memory Card 1019 support, but I think it has the blessing of the author of Nugasa.
 
Sorry but I have an official memory card. I dont have 3rd party card. I know a offical memory card but how ? In the page 1 said it should work. I don't understand. Arrgh!
 
To clarify this a little: any attempt to mount a frist party (nintendo original) memory card fails due to it not being properly unlocked.

I dunno about nugasa author, but gamecube_saver author does not own any official memory card.

Last time I checked 1st party mc's weren't working, so Servdogg is either lying or he deosn't own a real nintendo card. He could also have a really strange setup, but the problem seems to reside in libogc, so any changes in the wii shouldn't affect the app's functionality.

The only thing I can think of is the program running on a strange IOS and for some reason being able to unlock the memory card.

Does anyone know which IOS does a HB app use if none is forced with IOS_reload()?
 

Site & Scene News