Hacking Gamecube launcher on Wii?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
A microSD should work with a SD adapter. I cant guarantee it though since I dont have a wiikey myself, but Im using a miniSD with a SD adapter for my Wii and that works ...

theedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also if you want to play gc backups from a SD card with only a softmodded Wii you can try Swiss...
you wont need to chip your wii and you can make your own memory card adapter for the sd card or you can buy a cheap one from DE (its just an sd card adapter that fits into the gc memory card slot)
I know there is some audio problem with some games but you can check the compatibility list if you want http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Swiss/Compatibility_List

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It says ToS works with limitations and doesn't specify what. If those limitations affect the BGM/Speech then it would be pointless.

Oh and about the save game thing.. I could find out myself if the converter works by using Dolphin to run the game and the save files IF there was a way to transport gamecube savedata from the card to SD card/pc? So any homebrew/whatever else to do this with?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It says ToS works with limitations and doesn't specify what. If those limitations affect the BGM/Speech then it would be pointless.

Oh and about the save game thing.. I could find out myself if the converter works by using Dolphin to run the game and the save files IF there was a way to transport gamecube savedata from the card to SD card/pc? So any homebrew/whatever else to do this with?
I have tales of symphonia and swiss. I havnt tested it much, but I know that at least the intro video stutters a lot. The actual gameplay seemed ok, but again, I didn't try it out much.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If the intro stutters then it's likely other things will too. Plus I want to watch the cutscenes in game in JP audio, which would be pointless if they stuttered.

Regardless, I have now successfully tried the save game converter (after using gcmm) and exported the .gci files to Dolphin to try with the undub and .. it works ;D. So huge thanks to you Dragon Master, and to everyone else who helped too.

Now the only thing remains is the shop where to buy Wiikey Fusion from. Maybe I should create another thread for it. hmm.

pps_goforit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I want to run a game from SD Card, then only Wiikey is enough? yes

And for HDD you need Wiikey AND WODE? nope only WODE

The WODE seems quite troublesome to use and if I have no sounds on ToS, the whole idea of running an undub in the first place is ruined. all methods to run gc games without an old dvd drive have sound issues but I think ToS is'nt one of the problematic games so no need to worry about it .

Since I want this explicitly for just one game, running the game from SD card would be enough assuming the game fits. How would it work though? check the modchip site in my previous post . You will need to format your sd & transfer games with their manager .

A reminder, Tales of Symphonia is multidisc game (2 discs). you can swap discs with the wiikeyfusion by having 2 sds each with one disc & swaping them when the game asks you to do so . Also if you can't for some reason you can always use the method I described here to pass that point .

I'll try to save conversion if I get Wiikey at one point. You sure there's not a way to convert the .iso from NTSC-U to PAL though? I don't think there is any easy way to do so but for the save you can try the program in my previous post . It works for many games but I don't know if ToS is one of those games .

As for gc modchips I don't know there prices nowadays but they are really hard to install so you might want to cross-out this option unless you have the skill to do so .
Also you might want to try the free solutions first before buying anything . Try Dios-Mios lite and see if it works well with ToS . Also if you have a decent pc you might want to try running the game on dolphin & see how fast it works . My year old laptop can run ToS fine most of the game .

hey! I have a wii with the old DVD reader and would love to play Baten Kaito 1 and 2. Both are two disc games so my question is quite simple. which option is best for me and if the games are split into two discs can be run in any way? I have 4.2e and have soft modded my wii.

Ed. "I have tales of symphonia and swiss. I havnt tested it much, but I know that at least the intro video stutters a lot. The actual gameplay seemed ok, but again, I didn't try it out much." do you have any guide on how to instal swiss?

theedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a gamecube compatability list to play gamecube backup on a GAMECUBE (that is viper modded)? Have googled but can't find one anywhere!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a gamecube compatability list to play gamecube backup on a GAMECUBE (that is viper modded)? Have googled but can't find one anywhere!

Erm, what? All gamecube games works on a gamecube... That is, if you run them from DVDs like youre supposed to.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country

Erm, what? All gamecube games works on a gamecube... That is, if you run them from DVDs like youre supposed to.

You sure about that? I am talking about BACKUPS not original games.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, Wii or gamecube + good modchip + gamecube backup discs = 100% compatiblity. Only problem should be import games, and that's it.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that! I wasn't sure! Haven't played with my gc with old viper mod for years... so forgot.

Just another question...does anyone know if I can flash my viper by dvd: I have currently a GCoS 1.5 bios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: lol