Hardware Gamecube joycons?

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking around Amazon, setting up my Christmas wish list, and stumbled across these.

(An image for those who don't wanna click on the link..)

GC Joycons.JPG

So, I'm curious if anyone has experience with these. I really, really like the concept of them, and they looks like they'd be somewhat comfortable..
But I'm too afraid of sucky thumbsticks or bad buttons to drop $60 US on them going on the word of random, possibly fake Amazon reviews.

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was looking around Amazon, setting up my Christmas wish list, and stumbled across these.

(An image for those who don't wanna click on the link..)

View attachment 186546

So, I'm curious if anyone has experience with these. I really, really like the concept of them, and they looks like they'd be somewhat comfortable..
But I'm too afraid of sucky thumbsticks or bad buttons to drop $60 US on them going on the word of random, possibly fake Amazon reviews.

Spawn wave has a YouTube video on it :)

Last edited by Litle_Bird,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah to clarify, that was his review of these controllers specifically. The buttons, especially the A button, are nearly flush and painful to use. The bumpers don't activate everywhere they should and you really need to choke up when pressing them. The sticks appear to be standard joycon sticks, the octal gates are too far out to effect their use at all, although they are oriented wrong anyway. In short all you are getting is the gamecube button layout in exchange for pain.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah to clarify, that was his review of these controllers specifically. The buttons, especially the A button, are nearly flush and painful to use. The bumpers don't activate everywhere they should and you really need to choke up when pressing them. The sticks appear to be standard joycon sticks, the octal gates are too far out to effect their use at all, although they are oriented wrong anyway. In short all you are getting is the gamecube button layout in exchange for pain.

That sounds absolutely awful. Glad I didn't pull the trigger right away, then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill