Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have issues after installing hall effect sticks to my right JoyCons. Before installing it, everything worked fine. Now I have the problem the button push input will not be recognized on normal click and I have to push the "A" button slightly harder to be recognized. I also have similar issue to a second JoyCon, but there it is the "Y" button instead of "A". I am 100% sure that I did not damage something because it's not my first time replacing parts in controller and a third controller is working without issues.

Oh and if I push several times behind each other, the 'problem' button works for few minutes fine, till it issues again.

I have no idea, why the buttons don't work like before. I open up few times, clean everything etc. without success.

I also tried rollback to original joysticks but this doesn't fix it.

Do you have any idea?

• Haha
Reactions: AKNES

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have issues after installing hall effect sticks to my right JoyCons. Before installing it, everything worked fine. Now I have the problem the button push input will not be recognized on normal click and I have to push the "A" button slightly harder to be recognized. I also have similar issue to a second JoyCon, but there it is the "Y" button instead of "A". I am 100% sure that I did not damage something because it's not my first time replacing parts in controller and a third controller is working without issues.

Oh and if I push several times behind each other, the 'problem' button works for few minutes fine, till it issues again.

I have no idea, why the buttons don't work like before. I open up few times, clean everything etc. without success.

I also tried rollback to original joysticks but this doesn't fix it.

Do you have any idea?
If you are in a country where Nintendo does free repairs I would advise going that route, I’ve seen this on joy cons where the antenna was getting smushed by the shell, pushing the wire further down has fixed it or sometimes the antenna itself just needs replaced.

• Love
Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
of course because your problem is not the joysticks, check all cables are full settled on the connectors.

May be a bended connector or a loose antenna.

All cables are full settled on connector and no antenna is loose. I also don't think, a loose antenna makes an button "sporadically" not working. Oh and no ribbon cable is bent by the way (checked with different replacement parts).

It's not my first Rodeo 😉 I replaced dozens of Joysticks and fixed different hard broken Joycons.

But here it's the first time I can not figure out the root cause of the problem, why "A or Y" is not working proberbly.

Like I wrote, if I push the button harder or several times fast after each other, it is working for a few minutes. Then the issue return.

Or do I didn't get the point? Can you explain what you mean with antenna? Maybe we talking about different things.

EDIT: Nintendo repair center is no option for a 6 year old JoyCon and if I send it to Nintendo, I wouldn't learn something new about repairing.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ribbon cables are finicky bastards. Try changing a scanner on a Xerox 6605 or C405. I swear sometimes it just works, while other times you have to pull out and plug in again the ribbon cable several times for it to work. Buttons can be finicky simply by having the slightest bit of grime on the lip that keeps it from just "popping out", so remove the actual buttons and clean them whether you think they're dirty or not. Simply taking the thing apart and putting it back together might help. perhaps even a quick spray with contact cleaner on everything (cable ends, connectors and such).

The fact that one of them works without issue, and the affected ones still have an issue with the original sticks, should tell you that it isn't the stick.

• Haha

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The fact that one of them works without issue, and the affected ones still have an issue with the original sticks, should tell you that it isn't the stick.
Hmm, you are right. I try to replace all ribbon cable with one from a working controller. Maybe I can find something.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All cables are full settled on connector and no antenna is loose. I also don't think, a loose antenna makes an button "sporadically" not working. Oh and no ribbon cable is bent by the way (checked with different replacement parts).

It's not my first Rodeo 😉 I replaced dozens of Joysticks and fixed different hard broken Joycons.

But here it's the first time I can not figure out the root cause of the problem, why "A or Y" is not working proberbly.

Like I wrote, if I push the button harder or several times fast after each other, it is working for a few minutes. Then the issue return.

Or do I didn't get the point? Can you explain what you mean with antenna? Maybe we talking about different things.

EDIT: Nintendo repair center is no option for a 6 year old JoyCon and if I send it to Nintendo, I wouldn't learn something new about repairing.
It’s good to learn about repairing, I can understand that. But Nintendo doesn’t care the age or the issue, it will be replaced with a new joy con.

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It’s good to learn about repairing, I can understand that. But Nintendo doesn’t care the age or the issue, it will be replaced with a new joy con.
Good to know but on the other hand, if they realize I open it. I would wonder if they still replace. Anyway I dont want a new I want to fix it to reduce a little bit the trash in the world too. I let you know as soon as I have checked the differnet cable.

EDIT:
@urherenow --- I completely replaced every parts with working replacements (ribbon cable, infrared, antenna, battery, slider, etc.) and the issue still appears. I don't get it 🙃

Last edited by Ch3ck3rM0n,
  • Haha

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good to know but on the other hand, if they realize I open it. I would wonder if they still replace. Anyway I dont want a new I want to fix it to reduce a little bit the trash in the world too. I let you know as soon as I have checked the differnet cable.

EDIT:
@urherenow --- I completely replaced every parts with working replacements (ribbon cable, infrared, antenna, battery, slider, etc.) and the issue still appears. I don't get it 🙃

Idk if it's your issue, but you have to be careful tightening some of the joy-con screws, especially one near the buttons you have to leave it slightly looser than you usually would or it interferes with the button operation.

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idk if it's your issue, but you have to be careful tightening some of the joy-con screws, especially one near the buttons you have to leave it slightly looser than you usually would or it interferes with the button operation.
I ordered now some "ABXY" key membrane stickers and will try to replace it. Maybe its burned down.

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure, but try what I said too, it's a real thing.
Yeah, I also removed the sticker from a water damaged joycon and I saw on the backside of it electrical burnings on the contact point.

I hope AliExpress is delivering fast and I can share next week more details.

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure, but try what I said too, it's a real thing.
Finally I fixed it and it was like you said. Crazy that it comes up just with stick replacement. But the issue of missed clicks of my buttons was the sticker. It was burned so much from the contacts. I share with you the difference, so everyone can expect it:

Attachments

• 20240322_150417.jpg
    20240322_150417.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 9

leonquest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone.

I bought the GuliKit Hall Sensor joycon sticks from amazon around june last year, and installed them maybe in august-september I want to say. My son has been using the switch, although not that much since he has tons of other options, and a few days ago the sticks started malfunctioning. When you try to move the stick right on the left joycon, it doesn't register any input. Maybe I'm just out of luck and bought defective ones but has anyone else had theirs fail the same way?
Obviously there's no drift but if the sticks fail to register inputs after a few months of use then maybe they were not what they were advertised to be.

• Sad

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello Everyone.

I bought the GuliKit Hall Sensor joycon sticks from amazon around june last year, and installed them maybe in august-september I want to say. My son has been using the switch, although not that much since he has tons of other options, and a few days ago the sticks started malfunctioning. When you try to move the stick right on the left joycon, it doesn't register any input. Maybe I'm just out of luck and bought defective ones but has anyone else had theirs fail the same way?
Obviously there's no drift but if the sticks fail to register inputs after a few months of use then maybe they were not what they were advertised to be.
That's no a reported issue, but you can contact the seller, and if you buy from the official store can ask to @AKNES if the factory warranty will cover that defect.

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello Everyone.

Hi
If bought from AKNES Amazon store, please contact me.
[email protected]

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1