Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tired as hell getting in on "v 1" products that are imperfect or faulty and it's 100% on me. Numerous gameboy backlight kits, joysticks, console parts. I hate myself :) Rant over.

Reactions: G33ksquad

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purchased another 10 today, when people stop buying them I’ll stop installing them!

@AKNES any knowledge on plans to alter the stick cap materials? I got a few several batches ago (pictured left) with less glossy better feeling caps, these were still the current version of the sticks, just with more similar to the original caps compared to OEM, I would much prefer these caps, but the last 30+ pairs all I’ve gotten is the cap with a little more of a slick surface (pictured right). Customers don’t seem to complain, just something I’ve observed.

Attachments

• IMG_6315.jpeg
    IMG_6315.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 21
Last edited by G33ksquad,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yea the newest version is easier to calibrate, for some reason on the first GuliKit stick version I had some that just never would calibrate. Aknes and Gulikit both sorted out the few pairs I had issues with, I haven’t had any issue with the newer version. Hoping we get another AliExpress sale here soon!
I bought a few sets around october/november and the ones I installed for my cousin had this problem, but I did eventually get them to calibrate just by retrying the process many times and they work well enough after calibrating. Calibration appeared to just not register any input, even though input was being registered everywhere else including the test screen.

All the sticks I bought have a noticeable "bump" in the calibration test when rotating the sticks in a circle though. When the sticks rotate past the right direction there is a spot where the X axis doesn't reach the maximum value, but when pushed directly right instead of rotated the X axis does hit the maximum value. Seems like this is a known issue. I don't think it affects gameplay (how often do you rotate the stick 360 degrees in gameplay after all) so as long as it doesn't get worse I'm not too bothered by it.

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I bought a few sets around october/november and the ones I installed for my cousin had this problem, but I did eventually get them to calibrate just by retrying the process many times and they work well enough after calibrating. Calibration appeared to just not register any input, even though input was being registered everywhere else including the test screen.

All the sticks I bought have a noticeable "bump" in the calibration test when rotating the sticks in a circle though. When the sticks rotate past the right direction there is a spot where the X axis doesn't reach the maximum value, but when pushed directly right instead of rotated the X axis does hit the maximum value. Seems like this is a known issue. I don't think it affects gameplay (how often do you rotate the stick 360 degrees in gameplay after all) so as long as it doesn't get worse I'm not too bothered by it.
If you buy it from the AKNES Amazon store, you can take a video and show it to me. If it is a product problem, we will replace it for you. (Email: [email protected]
Don't let our users make do with a bad product.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for the Self promotion, but did you know all the firmware archive are available on
Love you!!

@AKNES any knowledge on plans to alter the stick cap materials? I got a few several batches ago (pictured left) with less glossy better feeling caps, these were still the current version of the sticks, just with more similar to the original caps compared to OEM, I would much prefer these caps, but the last 30+ pairs all I’ve gotten is the cap with a little more of a slick surface (pictured right). Customers don’t seem to complain, just something I’ve observed.
Sorry Sorry.

I don't know why I missed this message.

Later, GuliKit changed the material of the caps at the end of 2023.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AKNES This makes more sense! I sold my last pair with the other caps, no worries, I keep my costs so low and prices so affordable that I haven’t had any complaints overall. This product has easily saved at least for me well over 120 pairs of joy cons just in the last year. I really enjoy the sticks and hope GuliKit continues to make them.

• Love
Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@AKNES This makes more sense! I sold my last pair with the other caps, no worries, I keep my costs so low and prices so affordable that I haven’t had any complaints overall. This product has easily saved at least for me well over 120 pairs of joy cons just in the last year. I really enjoy the sticks and hope GuliKit continues to make them.
Thank you for your understanding.:grog:

Reactions: impeeza

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone ordering from AliExpress it looks like the holiday has started for the Chinese New Year, I was hoping ordering Tuesday the 6th orders may go out but it looks like I will have to wait. Happy New Year to the team and I look forward to more business in 2024 when they return! Looks like my order may end up be automatically refunded, hopefully I can sort that out with GuliKit when they return as I bought during a promotion with lower pricing!

• Haha

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you buy it from the AKNES Amazon store, you can take a video and show it to me. If it is a product problem, we will replace it for you. (Email: [email protected]
Don't let our users make do with a bad product.

Love you!!

Sorry Sorry.

I don't know why I missed this message.

Later, GuliKit changed the material of the caps at the end of 2023.
I ordered from AliExpress sadly, so returning is a pain. I'll order from Amazon next time.

• Love
  • Haha

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nice, it has free delivery over $49.
I haven't used Amazon very much in the past because the import tax + shipping + import tax on the shipping cost as well made everything expensive. Until I realized recently that many items have free shipping over $49 which also saves me a bunch of import tax.
At the same time, AliExpress has been a pain in my ass with nearly a dozen packages in total not arriving, and having to wait 3 months (from the shipping date) for a refund each time.
So there is not much reason to use AliExpress over Amazon anymore. It might be slightly cheaper, but at the cost of risking that the package doesn't arrive, or the product being low quality or not what I expected and just counting it as a loss, since returns are just not worth the time or money. Amazon makes international returns so easy.

• Love

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, it has free delivery over $49.
I haven't used Amazon very much in the past because the import tax + shipping + import tax on the shipping cost as well made everything expensive. Until I realized recently that many items have free shipping over $49 which also saves me a bunch of import tax.
At the same time, AliExpress has been a pain in my ass with nearly a dozen packages in total not arriving, and having to wait 3 months (from the shipping date) for a refund each time.
So there is not much reason to use AliExpress over Amazon anymore. It might be slightly cheaper, but at the cost of risking that the package doesn't arrive, or the product being low quality or not what I expected and just counting it as a loss, since returns are just not worth the time or money. Amazon makes international returns so easy.
For me Amazon is 100% more per set, even on sale still 80% more so I can’t justify that when I need 10+ sets at a time. Amazon is fast but overall so much more than AliExpress for me. When GuliKit runs sales over on AliExpress $10.50 a set is just very hard to compete with.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For me Amazon is 100% more per set, even on sale still 80% more so I can’t justify that when I need 10+ sets at a time. Amazon is fast but overall so much more than AliExpress for me. When GuliKit runs sales over on AliExpress $10.50 a set is just very hard to compete with.
I paid $40 per 2 pairs on AliExpress.
That is the same price as the above Amazon link.
Both offer free shipping, so the price ends up the same.

I have not seen them at the price you mentioned, that is quite a lot cheaper. But are they legit? Seems a bit too good to be true.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid $40 per 2 pairs on AliExpress.
That is the same price as the above Amazon link.
Both offer free shipping, so the price ends up the same.

I have not seen them at the price you mentioned, that is quite a lot cheaper. But are they legit? Seems a bit too good to be true.
Yes, directly from GuliKit they have a listing through their store for a quantity of 10 up to 50. If you wait for sales and buy in bulk you can absolutely get the price from their official store. But you will have to buy in bulk of at least 10 sets.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, directly from GuliKit they have a listing through their store for a quantity of 10 up to 50. If you wait for sales and buy in bulk you can absolutely get the price from their official store. But you will have to buy in bulk of at least 10 sets.
That wouldn't have cost much more than what I paid for 4. I'll definitely keep it in mind, thanks. I'm sure I'll need more of them eventually, and while I don't know 10 people with a Switch, I could probably make some money on the side by buying JoyCons with busted sticks and fixing them up.

• Wow
Reactions: AKNES

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wouldn't have cost much more than what I paid for 4. I'll definitely keep it in mind, thanks. I'm sure I'll need more of them eventually, and while I don't know 10 people with a Switch, I could probably make some money on the side by buying JoyCons with busted sticks and fixing them up.
I’m moving to more of a hobby anymore to give me more time with my family but I did Joy Cons only last year and averaged $700-$1k a month earnings just doing it part time. I had less than a 2% fault rate as I did my best to test each set and catch any faulty sticks before I sent them out. If you could find a good source of Joy Cons this has the potential to be a real source of income, I never could break that $1k mark and will find something else, but I had fun.

Last edited by G33ksquad,

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hows the dpad? It is on rubber not metal caps or switches i hope :X

Btw. maybe you know something about this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...2ebb452csClO1s&mp=1&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2pol

caps look interesting on them
I soldered it to all of my 4 joycons and they working and feel like original sticks. Sometimes I have the feeling my aiming is 20% better. But from the caps point of view, no difference to normal caps with the little cuts.

EDIT: I like the KSilver joysticks more than Gulikits, because if something in the future something will break, it is cheaper to replace it. The negative you need solder knowledge, especially for the left analog stick as the soldering points are max. tiny.

Last edited by Ch3ck3rM0n,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning