Gamecube joycons?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by StrayGuitarist, Nov 15, 2019.

1. StrayGuitarist
    OP

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    I was looking around Amazon, setting up my Christmas wish list, and stumbled across these.

(An image for those who don't wanna click on the link..)

GC Joycons.JPG

So, I'm curious if anyone has experience with these. I really, really like the concept of them, and they looks like they'd be somewhat comfortable..
    But I'm too afraid of sucky thumbsticks or bad buttons to drop $60 US on them going on the word of random, possibly fake Amazon reviews.

2. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden

Spawn wave has a YouTube video on it :)

Last edited by Litle_Bird, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Youtube Bob from Wulff Den's opinion:

If you were looking for a way to play Smash in handheld, don't.

4. StrayGuitarist
    OP

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    Man, my opinion is meaningless when it comes to Smash, considering that I'd rather play Legacy XP or Brawl than Ultimate. But I guess that tells me all I need to know.

5. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Yeah to clarify, that was his review of these controllers specifically. The buttons, especially the A button, are nearly flush and painful to use. The bumpers don't activate everywhere they should and you really need to choke up when pressing them. The sticks appear to be standard joycon sticks, the octal gates are too far out to effect their use at all, although they are oriented wrong anyway. In short all you are getting is the gamecube button layout in exchange for pain.

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  6. StrayGuitarist
    OP

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    That sounds absolutely awful. Glad I didn't pull the trigger right away, then.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted