Gamecube Emulator For 4.2u Softmodded Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by woopswii, Oct 17, 2010.

1. woopswii
    OP

woopswii Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    Ok, so I have a 4.2u softmodded wii, with all the ios's and other crap installed (including darkcorp, which works fine). I am aware that the wii plays GC disks, but i dont want to buy a gc mem card, so I assumed that a GC Emulator for wii would save to SD, but... there is no emu for wii??? But I found Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher, would that launch GC ROM's?? (am I allowed to say ROM's on this site???) Also how dangerous is this Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher???

2. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    NO, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! You need a gamecube memory card, the wii CAN'T emulate the gamecube!

3. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    The wii doesn't need to emulate the gamecube, it only needs a way to use gamecube commands in wii mode. Or, barring that, editing the mios to include drivers for the wii hardware (which I believe is what MIOS DIOS is trying to accomplish)

Either way, it takes a lot reverse engineering and someone who is incredibly skilled in programming to make either work... In short: It's possible, but it's not here yet and it probably won't be here in a long while.

4. gamefreak94

gamefreak94 GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster

Jun 1, 2009
    United States
    At your window!
    This is like asking for the Game Cube usb loader(softmod)

5. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    you really cant be bothered to buy a $5 256MB GC memory card? really, you can earn enough to buy a memory card in the time it took you to create this post.

6. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    $5, really, I just saw a third party GC memory card up at the local meijer store for $2.99, I better grab one before they're all gone.

7. Nintendo_Chick

Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    I want a job that pays $20 a minute (before taxes.)