Homebrew Gamecube Emulator For 4.2u Softmodded Wii

woopswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have a 4.2u softmodded wii, with all the ios's and other crap installed (including darkcorp, which works fine). I am aware that the wii plays GC disks, but i dont want to buy a gc mem card, so I assumed that a GC Emulator for wii would save to SD, but... there is no emu for wii??? But I found Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher, would that launch GC ROM's?? (am I allowed to say ROM's on this site???) Also how dangerous is this Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher???

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii doesn't need to emulate the gamecube, it only needs a way to use gamecube commands in wii mode. Or, barring that, editing the mios to include drivers for the wii hardware (which I believe is what MIOS DIOS is trying to accomplish)

Either way, it takes a lot reverse engineering and someone who is incredibly skilled in programming to make either work... In short: It's possible, but it's not here yet and it probably won't be here in a long while.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you really cant be bothered to buy a $5 256MB GC memory card? really, you can earn enough to buy a memory card in the time it took you to create this post.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$5, really, I just saw a third party GC memory card up at the local meijer store for $2.99, I better grab one before they're all gone.

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
you really cant be bothered to buy a $5 256MB GC memory card? really, you can earn enough to buy a memory card in the time it took you to create this post.

I want a job that pays $20 a minute (before taxes.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also