Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Pikmin 3DS= awesome. I hope it happens...

If it does that alone makes it worth 250 dollars.
tongue.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
smash_legend said:
apparently the 3DS will be, in some ways, more powerful than the Wii
I have been thinking for a long time that, even if it's less powerful than the wii but at least more powerful than the PSP, that gamecube emulation COULD work
but if you look at THIS you'll see that the developers are saying that it will be MORE powerful

I for one, think that nintendo will/should eventually ether release some kind of accessory that will allow gamecube disks to be played on the 3DS (lyk a small disk drive thing that would attach to the system) OR add gamecube games to the 3DS shop (more likely)

but if they don't then, what does that mean for us hackers?
I think we should test this machine (when it comes out) in every way possible, to see if this device is capable of running gamecube games, or at least, start with N64 games and work our way up
seeing as how the 3DS WILL be more powerful than the PSP, there is no doubt in my mind that it will eventually be able to run PSX games
I don't know about Xbox games since I don't own an original Xbox, and don't remember the last time I played one, but I doubt it is less powerful than the gamecube so I really can't see that working at all

even though it's a big fantasy, I still dream of playing PS2 games on a portable system, heh, now that, I KNOW is impossible

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING. And no, I assure you there will be PS2 emu's on the PSP2.

I'm still hoping for a N64+Dreamcast emu on the 3DS though - my hopes aren't THAT high.

EDIT: Although, ports/remakes are a totally different story. I could totally see a Wind Waker 3DS and a Super Mario Sunshine 3DS, and I'm really hoping for a Pikmin 3DS
tongue.gif
And biggest thing I'm hoping for (which I doubt would ever happen) being Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life 3DS. There will be some ports for sure, especially of first party games, but emulation is not the same.
I would LOVE that, that is my favorite Harvest Moon game
smile.gif

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
smash_legend said:
even though it's a big fantasy, I still dream of playing PS2 games on a portable system, heh, now that, I KNOW is impossible
Of course it will be possible on NGP.

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would love to see just Metroid Prime 1 ported over, it would be sweet to play that game on the go and in 3D
closedeyes.gif

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will be easy for the 3DS to play N64 games, I heard all you need to do it make a big enough hole in your 3DS for a N64 cartrige to slide into. As for the gamecube, you could just put the disks in a DVD player or something and hook it upto your 3DS with a cable. That's only if the top screen is indeed powerful enough.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, I don't care if they put GC or even N64 games on there, just as long as there is a Pokemon Stadium 3D.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
until now, every 3d approach on pokemon was terrible, besides snap which was funny, but only since it wasnt a real pokemon game

if at all, keep it to the battles and even there, give me an option to show it with spirtes, for speeds sake alone

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have to disagree
i think a thirt or first person game would be awesome and run at normal speeds
battles would be like in staium where the pkmn act and respond to attacks etc in a 360 type viewing
the backround would be changed for each place and the anouncer would only be in stadium battles like elite for for instance
it would be awesome

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
To be honest, I don't care if they put GC or even N64 games on there, just as long as there is a Pokemon Stadium 3D.
Can't we have Pokemon Stadium Wii and just forget about Pokemon Battle Revolution? Please? I've been wanting a Pokemon Stadium 3/4 for a long time. I mean, it kind of defeats the purpose to have it on the 3DS.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Brian10122 said:
smash_legend said:
apparently the 3DS will be, in some ways, more powerful than the Wii
I have been thinking for a long time that, even if it's less powerful than the wii but at least more powerful than the PSP, that gamecube emulation COULD work
but if you look at THIS you'll see that the developers are saying that it will be MORE powerful

I for one, think that nintendo will/should eventually ether release some kind of accessory that will allow gamecube disks to be played on the 3DS (lyk a small disk drive thing that would attach to the system) OR add gamecube games to the 3DS shop (more likely)

but if they don't then, what does that mean for us hackers?
I think we should test this machine (when it comes out) in every way possible, to see if this device is capable of running gamecube games, or at least, start with N64 games and work our way up
seeing as how the 3DS WILL be more powerful than the PSP, there is no doubt in my mind that it will eventually be able to run PSX games
I don't know about Xbox games since I don't own an original Xbox, and don't remember the last time I played one, but I doubt it is less powerful than the gamecube so I really can't see that working at all

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING. And no, I assure you there will be PS2 emu's on the PSP2.

I'm still hoping for a N64+Dreamcast emu on the 3DS though - my hopes aren't THAT high.

EDIT: Although, ports/remakes are a totally different story. I could totally see a Wind Waker 3DS and a Super Mario Sunshine 3DS, and I'm really hoping for a Pikmin 3DS
tongue.gif
And biggest thing I'm hoping for (which I doubt would ever happen) being Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life 3DS. There will be some ports for sure, especially of first party games, but emulation is not the same.
I would LOVE that, that is my favorite Harvest Moon game
smile.gif

Best one yeah
tongue.gif
they really need to realize what they're doing wrong with the newer games. I could spend endless hours on AWL but the newer ones just bore me.

Aerow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see this happening.
But IF the PSP2 gets a hack, I'm sure it can emulate it tho. And the only reason I'm saying this is due to the fact that PS3 games can be ported to the PSP2 with ease.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ports will be possible for the 3DS. Emulators? Not a chance.

The Gamecube has a fine PowerPC-based CPU, 486MHz of horsepower. It's coupled with a 164MHz GPU from ATI. That, and a total of 43MB's of RAM.

That means that the 3DS's OS would have to remain functional with over 43MB's of RAM chunked out of its 64MB's for GC data storage, plus some for the emulator itself. If they'd round up at 50 in total, that'd be swell, but that's highly improbable.

As far as the CPU emulation is concerned, you need aprox. 3-4 times the horse power to pull off emulating an architecture. That means that the 3DS would need well over 2Ghz of horse power to "pull it off", which it doesn't, and neither does the NGP. The way I see it, case is closed.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya
we dont know the real specs but
i think its 100 mb of ram or more
i dont think emu is feasable but a port is definitly plausible