nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
machomuu said:
nutella said:
ars25 said:
m3rox said:
C'mon guys, OP clearly knows more than anyone else. The 3DS could emulate Gamecube games, as long as it had a disc attachment. Hell, it could even emulate PS3.
laugh.gif
the ps3 has way better graphics so it will be a long shot plus the 3ds will lose battery life pretty fast also it only has 1 anelog stick ps3 emulation wont happen in the years to come

Please tell me you knew he was joking.

I was about to say the same thing O_O.

I was about to say that either
blink.gif

QUOTE(Zeroneo @ Feb 10 2011, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE(pachura @ Feb 10 2011, 12:13 PM)
I think 3DS will be able to emulate PS3 and NGP at the same time (multitasking), will be hackable with old DS flashcarts and there will be plenty of viruses. Nintendo will also provide PC emulator for free.
But will it be able to play Crysis thought?
Yes.

-------
Oh c'mon people!
why cant you understand a simple joke!
cry.gif

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TechnoWorm said:
Zeroneo said:
pachura said:
I think 3DS will be able to emulate PS3 and NGP at the same time (multitasking), will be hackable with old DS flashcarts and there will be plenty of viruses. Nintendo will also provide PC emulator for free.
Yes.

-------
Oh c'mon people!
cry.gif
That was a joke. A bad one but still...

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Zeroneo said:
TechnoWorm said:
Zeroneo said:
pachura said:
Yes.

-------
Oh c'mon people!
cry.gif
That was a joke. A bad one but still...
mellow.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eerpow said:
heartgold said:
Lets be real, nintendo could do ports easily but emulation.... put power aside look at the fiffing 64MB ram! x_x a bit of common sense.

Ono claims SSFIV nearly fills the carts 2GB limit and its just a fighting game, would 8GB be enough in the future? But then again we got RE and MGS on the 2GB limit so it looks pleanty.
Is it confirmed by Nintendo yet?
The stolen 3DS showed 96MB ram.

Obvious not, that most likely could be a devs unit and devs you usually have more ram than retail units.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Ports, yes, emulation of Gamecube, never!

I think they can do ports, when you think that each GC disc held only 1.4gb of data, and the assets would be reduced for the 3DS, so size isn't so much an issue. I guess it depends on the game. I think they could probably manage a port of something like Zelda: Wind Waker (in the distant future)....maybe!

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NO.

UNLESS.

the dev's make remakes like Super Mario Sunshine (I hope not)

and dumb down the graphics a bit for the 3DS's processing power or something...which I hope will NOT Happen

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Die Antwoord said:
it can emulate the gamecub it has 2 screens
This comment confuses me.

QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Feb 21 2011, 04:41 PM) and dumb down the graphics a bit for the 3DS's processing power or something...which I hope will NOT Happen
The 3DS has some super graphical shading, texturing etc. abilities so they probably wouldn't have to dumb them down, but change how they got the game to look the way it did.

I don't think gamers would be that receptive of too many ports though.
They've already announced 2, but those are seen as okay since they are two of the greatest N64 era games Nintendo made.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Die Antwoord said:
it can emulate the gamecub it has 2 screens
This comment confuses me.
He saying (although he forgot how much power it would need to emulate the actually games) that the 3DS can emulate the gamecube controls.
QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Feb 21 2011, 04:41 PM) and dumb down the graphics a bit for the 3DS's processing power or something...which I hope will NOT Happen
The 3DS has some super graphical shading, texturing etc. abilities so they probably wouldn't have to dumb them down, but change how they got the game to look the way it did.

I don't think gamers would be that receptive of too many ports though.
They've already announced 2, but those are seen as okay since they are two of the greatest N64 era games Nintendo made.
The graphics could be better actually. :/

People keep saying port, but why not remakes like the Zelda that coming out.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Because:
1. Nintendo don't have the resources to re-make every good game in their catalog.
2. They are ports. Unless you add new story elements, we've played it before.
3. If Sony announced crash bandicoot 1 coming to the psp3, with touch controls and better graphics Nintendo fans would call it a port.

Ports are fine. just show that it's a port in the price-tag, and I'm fine with letting the youngsters who didn't play it first time play it.
If I really loved the game, I'll even buy it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Because:
1. Nintendo don't have the resources to re-make every good game in their catalog. True...
2. They are ports. Unless you add new story elements, we've played it before. It not even out yet with little info.
3. If Sony announced crash bandicoot 1 coming to the psp3, with touch controls and better graphics Nintendo fans would call it a port.
That differently a opinion, I wouldn't
mellow.gif

Ports are fine. just show that it's a port in the price-tag, and I'm fine with letting the youngsters who didn't play it first time play it.
If I really loved the game, I'll even buy it.
Agree if it was a port.

mrfraser89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
smash_legend said:
m3rox said:
smash_legend said:
well what if, as I said, nintendo released a disk drive attachment, so you can put the disks in and play the games on the top screen
I think this would be possible

if nintendo was smart, that's what they'd do

stay in school kid.
stfu
the top screen SHOULD have enough power, all you need is a disk drive to do all the work
I could even see hackers making something lyk that (but of course, not selling it -.-)

This is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. You have to be trolling right?

A disk drive, doesn't do 'any' work. All it does is reads the information off the disc, which is then sent to the CPU/GPU etc to actually process that information. The 3DS is not powerful enough to process this information. End of story.

If you're trying to say, a disk drive that has the CPU/GPU inside it, and then uses the 3DS simply as a screen, then it's far too much of a niche market that Nintendo would never bother wasting their time with.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Not true in the gamecube's specific case.
the optical drive does check if the disc is legit and some other stuff.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
smash_legend said:
apparently the 3DS will be, in some ways, more powerful than the Wii
I have been thinking for a long time that, even if it's less powerful than the wii but at least more powerful than the PSP, that gamecube emulation COULD work
but if you look at THIS you'll see that the developers are saying that it will be MORE powerful

I for one, think that nintendo will/should eventually ether release some kind of accessory that will allow gamecube disks to be played on the 3DS (lyk a small disk drive thing that would attach to the system) OR add gamecube games to the 3DS shop (more likely)

but if they don't then, what does that mean for us hackers?
I think we should test this machine (when it comes out) in every way possible, to see if this device is capable of running gamecube games, or at least, start with N64 games and work our way up
seeing as how the 3DS WILL be more powerful than the PSP, there is no doubt in my mind that it will eventually be able to run PSX games
I don't know about Xbox games since I don't own an original Xbox, and don't remember the last time I played one, but I doubt it is less powerful than the gamecube so I really can't see that working at all

even though it's a big fantasy, I still dream of playing PS2 games on a portable system, heh, now that, I KNOW is impossible

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING. And no, I assure you there will be PS2 emu's on the PSP2.

I'm still hoping for a N64+Dreamcast emu on the 3DS though - my hopes aren't THAT high.

EDIT: Although, ports/remakes are a totally different story. I could totally see a Wind Waker 3DS and a Super Mario Sunshine 3DS, and I'm really hoping for a Pikmin 3DS
tongue.gif
And biggest thing I'm hoping for (which I doubt would ever happen) being Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life 3DS. There will be some ports for sure, especially of first party games, but emulation is not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips