Hacking Gamecube emulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
smash_legend said:
well what if, as I said, nintendo released a disk drive attachment, so you can put the disks in and play the games on the top screen
I think this would be possible

if nintendo was smart, that's what they'd do

Or you could play them on the Wii...

Seriously...attaching a disc drive would defeat the purpose of it being portable.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash_legend said:
well what if, as I said, nintendo released a disk drive attachment, so you can put the disks in and play the games on the top screen

No...just no...

Reactions: wormdood

smash_legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no it wouldn't, I'm thinking it would be about as thick as the unit it's self, and a bit wider
it could work, just wouldn't fit in your pocket, but it WOULD be small enough to carry around with you in the house or in the car/train/bus

Posts merged

machomuu said:
smash_legend said:

No...just no...
yah I get that too
Nintendo is NOT smart and never will be

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you, you guy

even if they would release a disk drive, it would still not be able to emulate those games

that disk attachment would have to be a whole gamecube itself with a video out signal, so the 3ds would work ONLY as a monitor

but that would be completely retarded.
seriously, it would drain the batteries in minutes, it would be HUGE, loud, and it would be HEAVY

its NEVER going to happen

also, a gamecube and 20 games right now, costs less than a 3ds will cost

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash_legend said:
no it wouldn't, I'm thinking it would be about as thick as the unit it's self, and a bit wider
it could work, just wouldn't fit in your pocket, but it WOULD be small enough to carry around with you in the house or in the car/train/bus

Posts merged

machomuu said:
smash_legend said:

No...just no...
yah I get that too
Nintendo handhelds are trying to get smaller (hence why the 3DS is smallr than the DS), also, the whole Gameboy franchise has been built around the idea that you can put it in your pocket.

In fact, there are so many reasons why that's not a good idea...no offense.

smash_legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what if it had it;s own batteries
and no, the PSPs UMD drive is not very heavy
it would only be a little heavier, and nintendo could emulate gamecube games if they wanted to
trust me, they'd make it possible

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you think you know everything. We have no idea about it. Just wait and see after March then the answer will come. Please stop tell people you think you know everything and just wait after March, geez.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
We have no idea about it. Just wait and see after March then the answer will come. Please stop tell people you think you know everything and just wait after March, geez.
We know the 3DS isn't powerful enough by itself to emulate it, it's not one of those features that can really be put under the "wait until March" category.

QUOTE(RockmanForte @ Feb 9 2011, 06:04 PM) Some of you think you know everything.
Welcome to GBAtemp.

Reactions: wormdood

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
smash_legend said:

Posts merged

machomuu said:
smash_legend said:

No...just no...

yah I get that too
Nintendo handhelds are trying to get smaller (hence why the 3DS is smallr than the DS), also, the whole Gameboy franchise has been built around the idea that you can put it in your pocket.

In fact, there are so many reasons why that's not a good idea...no offense.
3DS is the same size as DS Lite
The first Gameboy most certainly did NOT fit in my pocket

QUOTE(smash_legend @ Feb 9 2011, 06:02 PM)
what if it had it;s own batteries
and no, the PSPs UMD drive is not very heavy
it would only be a little heavier, and nintendo could emulate gamecube games if they wanted to
trust me, they'd make it possible
The 3DS cannot PLAY the discs. If they made a drive for the games, it would have to be a whole gamecube that you plug in the 3DS so it acts as a monitor. That's why it would be heavy. And why should we trust you? You work for Nintendo? You are a programmer? You are a computer engineer? Do you know shit about emulation? And I mean how it works and what makes it possible.
I'm pretty sure the answer to all that is no. So STFU.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I respect you Pyrmon, you always know what you're talking about
smile.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The closest way you'd get to play Gamecube games on the 3DS is if Nintendo and respective companies port the games over to the 3DS. Emulation requires a hefty amount of processing power to mimic a device outside of hardware options (and adding a disk drive only allows data reading, not actual emulation).

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A "disc attachment" is completely out of the question. Apart from the obvious facts that it would make the 3DS FAR too big, FAR too heavy and would consume FAR too much power placing more strain to the already low battery life, it is extremely impractical for Nintendo to support a console it doesn't even make games for anymore, let alone a home console that was designed for HOME gaming. I'm surprised people expect the 3DS to support GBA games, but I'm much more surprised that you think it should support Gamecube games. There's no profit to be made in that. It baffles me why you would say Nintendo's not smart and "never will be" because they won't do what YOU want.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella said:
A "disc attachment" is completely out of the question. Apart from the obvious facts that it would make the 3DS FAR too big, FAR too heavy and would consume FAR too much power placing more strain to the already low battery life, it is extremely impractical for Nintendo to support a console it doesn't even make games for anymore, let alone a home console that was designed for HOME gaming. I'm surprised people expect the 3DS to support GBA games, but I'm much more surprised that you think it should support Gamecube games. There's no profit to be made in that. It baffles me why you would say Nintendo's not smart and "never will be" because they won't do what YOU want.
Wow...that sums up almost everything O_O.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon guys, OP clearly knows more than anyone else. The 3DS could emulate Gamecube games, as long as it had a disc attachment. Hell, it could even emulate PS3.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
m3rox said:
C'mon guys, OP clearly knows more than anyone else. The 3DS could emulate Gamecube games, as long as it had a disc attachment. Hell, it could even emulate PS3.

It could run Ubuntu!

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
laugh.gif
the ps3 has way better graphics so it will be a long shot plus the 3ds will lose battery life pretty fast also it only has 1 anelog stick ps3 emulation wont happen in the years to come

QUOTENope even if it did happen, the Gamecube has 3 Analogs, 3DS only has 1.
dude the gamecube had 2 analogs and a d pad

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ars25 said:
m3rox said:
laugh.gif
the ps3 has way better graphics so it will be a long shot plus the 3ds will lose battery life pretty fast also it only has 1 anelog stick ps3 emulation wont happen in the years to come
Please tell me you knew he was joking.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella said:
ars25 said:
m3rox said:
laugh.gif
Please tell me you knew he was joking.
I was about to say the same thing O_O.

bladepwnedyou

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I for one wouldn't like the emulation for one big reason, the lack of buttons and a C stick. Minus the analog stick, the 3ds is just a super nintendo controller with a touch screen in the middle. So for example, like the psp with n64 emulation it sounds uncomfortable to play. It also seems like it takes forever to code emulators these days to even get a decent running game (wii64 for example.) So let alone being barely able to run a decent n64 emulator on a wii which people have been working on for a while now, the possibility of gamecube emulation on a system that isn't even out yet sounds highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill