Hardware [Hardware] How does the 3DS’s ( New and Old) CPU compare in power to the CPUs found in 6th generation consoles? (Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube)

PlayerSlayer69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3DS’s CPU: ARM11 MPCore (268 MHz O3DS/ 804 MHz N3DS | Dual Core O3DS / Quad Core N3DS)

PS2’s CPU: MIPS 5900 “Emotion Engine” (294 MHz)

Xbox CPU: Custom Intel Pentium III “Coppermine-based” (733 MHz)

GameCube CPU: IBM PowerPC 750CXe Gekko (486 MHz)

There’s also no FLOPS measured between all these CPU’s so I’ll make my educated guess that the O3DS CPU would rank above the PS2 and probably equal to the GameCube due to it’s more modern architecture (ARMv6 vs MIPS and PowerPC) and the fact it’s made up of multiple CPU’s (MPCore) as acting as one processor. But would rank below the Original Xbox as that was designed to be a behemoth of console. However, I do think the N3DS’s CPU is more powerful for being Quadcore. I know it’s unfair to compare different architectures but there also the possibility that one can do better than the other so comparisons may or may not be fair. What do you guys think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch