Gaming GAME UK Midnight Launch

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my DSi at midnight, but my Gamestop isn't doing anything like that.

But I guess that's a good thing because I have work at 8 in the morning, so I would get it, play all night and then not wake up for work.

Edit:

Oh yeah. For Gamestop it depends on the store. I used to go to one in the next town (Like 15 minute drive), but then they built one a few blocks away (Like 2 minute drive). I got my DSi at the further one, and they had a launch event, and will probably have one for the 3DS, but the closer one is smaller and isn't staying open later than usual.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could apply to Game UK stores or Gamestop:
How do midnight launches in mall locations work if the mall it's in closes before midnight? The only midnight launches I've been to were both Walmart, which obviously are not in malls, and my 3DS is pre-ordered in a mall Gamestop location that, according to the manager, has done midnight launches before. Anyone been to a mall midnight launch where the mall closes before the game store?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I would never go to a midnight launch because I don't see the appeal, once coming back home I'd probably fall asleep and go on it once I've woken up so it's ideal to go in the morning since there is less chance of getting robbed, stabbed and raped or something. Yeah it'll be more busy but if you pre-ordered it, you just walk in, walk out.

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
My local gamestation is doing it.
I'll just go buy it the next morning though.

the gamestation near me is also doing one i am not going though , i cant get their at that time. I will just collect mine in the morning , midnight launches are not that special anymore as there is too many of them virtually every game that is "big" so they say gets one , but how many people actually turn up? probably hardly any but the 3DS may do a little better but i dont expect everyone will go.

The game shop in derby has not got such a big problem in terms of getting permission to open at that time because the cimema is also open till the early hours everynight.

And the gamestation is not in the main centre.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Nintendude92 said:
I betcha gamestop will, but I'll probably just go in the morning.
Same here. I don't want to be mugged and killed in the wee hours of the morning.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill