Hacking Game runs in Wiiflow but does not respond to any button presses from Wiimote

Megia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Has anyone experienced this problem before? I'm using the vWii on my Wii U. I tried searching online regarding the problem, but couldn't find any solutions. Now, I've installed USB Loader GX, Wiiflow and Config USB Loader. Originally, I tried loading the game from my SD card (The game in particular is Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny), but it couldn't work with either Wiiflow or Config USB Loader. If I open it in Wiiflow, it just goes back to the Wii Menu after a while. In Config USB Loader, it said that the ID is wrong or something like that (it isn't - I checked). So I transferred the game to a USB flash drive and tried inserting it in each of my Wii U's 4 ports - only the one on the left side at the back worked. The rest caused the same thing to happen in Wiiflow - it just goes back to the Wii Menu. When the USB drive is in the working port, a loading bar appears and the game loads, but the game is unable to respond to any button presses from the Wiimote. After the opening movie has finished and I am on the main menu, none of the buttons still work except for the home button. The same thing happens if I load the game using Config USB Loader. I couldn't even get the game to show up in USB Loader GX, so I gave up on that. Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this issue? (the main issue here is regarding the fact that the game runs but does not respond to any button presses, not that it doesn't show up in USB Loader GX)

Megia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Re-sync? The Wiimote is already connected - the blue light on the Wiimote is lit, and when I press the home button, the Wiimote I am using shows up. I can control the Wiimote in the 'suspended software' mode, but when I resume the game, I cannot control it at all.

Megia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I followed the Complete Softwood Guide exactly, so I should be on v10 beta53.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, I just put Animal Crossing: City Folk's wbfs on my USB drive and it loaded successfully, and was able to respond to my Wiimote presses properly! So I guess the issue has something to do with the game itself, but what could it be? Could the opening movie have something to do with it?

Edit: Alright, I installed beta52 using the cIOS installer and got Wiiflow to load from my SD card properly. I can now load from both USB and SD, but I have a new problem (not sure why I didn't encounter this problem earlier on). When I launch Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, the 'heath and safety' screen shows up, but I would be stuck on a screen asking me to connect the nunchuck. I didn't see this screen before, so there must be some way around it. I'm not even sure if the unresponsive Wiimote issue has been fixed yet.

Edit2: I finally solved the problem! After buying a nunchuck and connecting it to my Wiimote, everything worked perfectly, button presses and all. It turned out that the issue was that since I installed beta53, the game somehow skipped the 'connect your nunchuck' screen, leading to an unresponsive Wiimote as the game expected me to have a nunchuck connected at the title screen. Installing beta52 and buying a nunchuck solved the problem for me.

Last edited by Megia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts