Game just will not install (never happened before)

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
I've been part of the switch scene for ages and this is the first time I've encountered this issue. I am just trying to install a simple XCI file...easy, right? Apparently not. I tried using Awoo Installer (which is my normal go-to) but, when I go to install it, it gives me Error Code: 0x001fb402 which I've never seen before. A few google searches on this didn't seem to help either. It just said ensure FIrmware is fully updated, SigPatches updated, etc. which they are.

I then tried to install Tinfoil. I downloaded it directly from the Tinfoil.io website, selected the "Tinoil NRO 17.0 Self-Installer" and placed the Tinfoil folder onto SD Card\Switch as per instruction. I see it in the Homebrew menu but, when I select it, it says "Corrupt data has been detected. Please run a check for corrupt data". Great.

Finally, Google recommended DBI. I downloaded the dbi.nro and dbi.config files, placed them in SDCard\switch and, once again, saw DBI in the Homebrew menu. I selected it and installed the XCI file. It's filled with a bunch of green "success" messages. Then, when I return to the switch menu, A new icon pops up but...it's blank with a spinning loading wheel inside it. This stays like that indefinitely. Rebooting does not help. When I go to System Settings - Data Managment - Manage Software to delete it, Atmosphere crashes giving a huge text report.

I've installed many XCIs and NSPs before but this is completely new for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm on Firmware 18.0.1
Atmosphere 1.7.0
Hekate 6.1.1 Nyx 1.6.1
Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.7.0p-cfw-18.0.1

I am launching Atmosphere via Hekate using the latest Fusee.

Thank you so much

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I've been part of the switch scene for ages and this is the first time I've encountered this issue. I am just trying to install a simple XCI file...easy, right? Apparently not. I tried using Awoo Installer (which is my normal go-to) but, when I go to install it, it gives me Error Code: 0x001fb402 which I've never seen before. A few google searches on this didn't seem to help either. It just said ensure FIrmware is fully updated, SigPatches updated, etc. which they are.

I then tried to install Tinfoil. I downloaded it directly from the Tinfoil.io website, selected the "Tinoil NRO 17.0 Self-Installer" and placed the Tinfoil folder onto SD Card\Switch as per instruction. I see it in the Homebrew menu but, when I select it, it says "Corrupt data has been detected. Please run a check for corrupt data". Great.

Finally, Google recommended DBI. I downloaded the dbi.nro and dbi.config files, placed them in SDCard\switch and, once again, saw DBI in the Homebrew menu. I selected it and installed the XCI file. It's filled with a bunch of green "success" messages. Then, when I return to the switch menu, A new icon pops up but...it's blank with a spinning loading wheel inside it. This stays like that indefinitely. Rebooting does not help. When I go to System Settings - Data Managment - Manage Software to delete it, Atmosphere crashes giving a huge text report.

I've installed many XCIs and NSPs before but this is completely new for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm on Firmware 18.0.1
Atmosphere 1.7.0
Hekate 6.1.1 Nyx 1.6.1
Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.7.0p-cfw-18.0.1

I am launching Atmosphere via Hekate using the latest Fusee.

Thank you so much
1) are you chainloading from hekate to fusee.bin?
2) you sure the file isn't corrupted?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're chainloading the latest fusee.bin from Hekate, be aware that fusee doesn't support loading the sigpatches anymore. You could boot the CFW directly with Hekate, or use a patched fusee, or use sys-patch. Lots of posts on this forum about this topic. Search the last few pages in the sigpatches thread.

Reactions: Blythe93

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're chainloading the latest fusee.bin from Hekate, be aware that fusee doesn't support loading the sigpatches anymore. You could boot the CFW directly with Hekate, or use a patched fusee, or use sys-patch. Lots of posts on this forum about this topic. Search the last few pages in the sigpatches thread.
Thank you for the reply. I did see those topics among my searches but wasn't sure if it applied to me as I am able to launch all other installed games with no issues. Could this still be a potential reason despite that?

As for the corrupt XCI....comments on it say otherwise but I'll try another just to be sure

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the reply. I did see those topics among my searches but wasn't sure if it applied to me as I am able to launch all other installed games with no issues. Could this still be a potential reason despite that?

As for the corrupt XCI....comments on it say otherwise but I'll try another just to be sure
Hmm, if you can play other pirated games, then that would demonstrate the sigpatches are working as intended. If your XCI file is good, then it might be some corruption issue on the SD card. It's formatted as FAT32, right?

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, if you can play other pirated games, then that would demonstrate the sigpatches are working as intended. If your XCI file is good, then it might be some corruption issue on the SD card. It's formatted as FAT32, right?
Hi,

I'm not sure if it's the SD Card since everything else works perfectly. It is actually formatted ExFat but, despite that, all firmware has been installed to be compatible with ExFat (via Daybreak). I've tried the XCI (and an NSP of this particular game) from other sources and it seems to give the same error. I'll keep trying different onces just in case it is the actual file that is the issue but I'm open to more suggestions.

Thanks for the help so far!

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had a similar problem as you where after updating the firmware, atmosphere, sigpatches, and Hekate caused a lot of my previously installed games to not work anymore, while others did. I tried reinstalling some of them to no avail, both downloaded NSPs (the ones I tried yielded the invalid signatures message in Awoo), XCIs, and from cart.

I suspect the issue was the sigpatches somehow not working when installing NSPs converted from XCIs, or XCIs directly (I even tried to create my own patches, but that didn't work either). I ended up finding and installing sys-patch, and now everything works great

Last edited by Snomannen_kalle,
Reactions: BigOnYa

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a similar problem as you where after updating the firmware, atmosphere, sigpatches, and Hekate caused a lot of my previously installed games to not work anymore, while others did. I tried reinstalling some of them to no avail, both downloaded NSPs (the ones I tried yielded the invalid signatures message in Awoo), XCIs, and from cart.

I suspect the issue was the sigpatches somehow not working when installing NSPs converted from XCIs, or XCIs directly (I even tried to create my own patches, but that didn't work either). I ended up finding and installing sys-patch, and now everything works great
Thanks so much for the idea! I'll give it a shot right now - you just download sys-patch and extract it to the root of the SD Card, right? No required modifications in the config.ini or elsewhere to turn it on and allow it to function as expected?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I'm not sure if it's the SD Card since everything else works perfectly. It is actually formatted ExFat but, despite that, all firmware has been installed to be compatible with ExFat (via Daybreak). I've tried the XCI (and an NSP of this particular game) from other sources and it seems to give the same error. I'll keep trying different onces just in case it is the actual file that is the issue but I'm open to more suggestions.

Thanks for the help so far!
ExFat certainly is a weak link in your CFW chain. You should switch to FAT32 as soon as possible to avoid future problems, but do keep installing firmwares supporting both exFat and FAT32. Concerning your issue, you should heed what user duckbill007 wrote above. He knows his stuff (being the author of DBI). Your sigpatches might be incomplete. Where did you get them? Try these, they work fine for me. If that doesn't work, then yes, explore the possibility of using sys-patch.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ExFat certainly is a weak link in your CFW chain. You should switch to FAT32 as soon as possible to avoid future problems, but do keep installing firmwares supporting both exFat and FAT32. Concerning your issue, you should heed what user duckbill007 wrote above. He knows his stuff (being the author of DBI). Your sigpatches might be incomplete. Where did you get them? Try these, they work fine for me. If that doesn't work, then yes, explore the possibility of using sys-patch.
Thank you for the reply. The link you provided is the exact same Signature Patches I currently use unfortunately, so it seems we use the same version. I still have to research what duckbill007 means by es patch and fs patch as I haven't seen those names before, but Google is my friend, after all.

I think the first thing I'll try is the sys-patch. If that doesn't work, I'll see what fs patch is and give it a shot. Will keep you updated.
Thank you again for the assistance!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the reply. The link you provided is the exact same Signature Patches I currently use unfortunately, so it seems we use the same version. I still have to research what duckbill007 means by es patch and fs patch as I haven't seen those names before, but Google is my friend, after all.

I think the first thing I'll try is the sys-patch. If that doesn't work, I'll see what fs patch is and give it a shot. Will keep you updated.
Thank you again for the assistance!
Strange that they don't work for you, then. Are you launching Atmosphere through Hekate's FSS0 method? If you're chainloading Fusee, that might be the issue, although using the patched fusee.bin might help. I never tried that, though.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strange that they don't work for you, then. Are you launching Atmosphere through Hekate's FSS0 method? If you're chainloading Fusee, that might be the issue, although using the patched fusee.bin might help. I never tried that, though.
I'm not sure what the FSS0 method is, but I have the old SXOS dongle I use to boot into the RCM menu. From there, I choose to launch the hekate_ctcaer_6.1.1 payload. That opens the Hekate menu. In there, I select the "Payload" option and select fusee.bin. This launches Atmosphere and brings me to my main switch games menu.

Also, for Sys-patch, is there something I Have to do to activate it? or just place the .zip folder and .tar.gz files in the root of the SD Card (or extract one or both of them even after extracting them from the original .zip folder). Or must i enable it via Overlay menu or config?

Last edited by vgplayer54,

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not sure what the FSS0 method is, but I have the old SXOS dongle I use to boot into the RCM menu. From there, I choose to launch the hekate_ctcaer_6.1.1 payload. That opens the Hekate menu. In there, I select the "Payload" option and select fusee.bin. This launches Atmosphere and brings me to my main switch games menu.

Also, for Sys-patch, is there something I Have to do to activate it? or just place the .zip folder and .tar.gz files in the root of the SD Card (or extract one or both of them even after extracting them from the original .zip folder). Or must i enable it via Overlay menu or config?
You only need the contents of the syspatchnx.7z zip folder (from the download link at the top of the page, at least on my phone) on the SD card, no changes in the config required as far as I am aware

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique

It sounds like the patched fusee would work for your setup to fix things. But if you want to try using sys-patch instead of sigpatches and a modded fusee, grab sys-patch 1.5.1 from here rather than the link Snomannen_kalle provided, as that one doesn't support FW 18 or 18.0.1.

https://gitflic.ru/project/impeeza/sys-patch

Last edited by RedColoredStars,
Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah!!! Thanks so much! That e
It sounds like the patched fusee would work for your setup to fix things. But if you want to try using sys-patch instead of sigpatches and a modded fusee, grab sys-patch 1.5.1 from here rather than the link Snomannen_kalle provided, as that one doesn't support FW 18 or 18.0.1.

https://gitflic.ru/project/impeeza/sys-patc

Ah! Thanks so much!! That explains why sys-patch wasn't working - I was driving myself nuts trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I'll give this a shot. Thank you!

Reactions: RedColoredStars

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're probably already fully set up for Hekate's FSS0 method. If you didn't modify the file hekate_ipl.ini that came with your sigpatches, you just need to select the leftmost option in Hekate's main menu (Launch), and then select the CFW you want to launch (Sysmmc or emummc, depending what you have). If you also use sys-patch and the modified fusee.bin, you'd have 3 different options to launch Atmosphere with sigpatches. You should be ok. :D

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi sorry yo interfere but i have the exact same problem as you did you manage to find a solution?
I'll be testing the new sys-patch later this morning, unfortunately I had a busy weekend and didn't have the time then. But weekdays give me a bit more time for this. I'll keep you updated how it goes!
Post automatically merged:

Ah!!! Thanks so much! That e

Ah! Thanks so much!! That explains why sys-patch wasn't working - I was driving myself nuts trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I'll give this a shot. Thank you!
I managed to get the sys-patch 1.5.1 from that Russian website provided however there are two files under the latest Release - "sys-patch" and "sys-patch 1.5.1". Both zip folders have very different files in them. Do you know if I need both? or just the one called "sys-patch 1.5.1"?

Last edited by vgplayer54,

billdoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get the sys-patch 1.5.1 from that Russian website provided however there are two files under the latest Release - "sys-patch" and "sys-patch 1.5.1". Both zip folders have very different files in them. Do you know if I need both? or just the one called "sys-patch 1.5.1"?
just got my switch to work ,download the sys-patch 1.5.1(the one that have 2 folder in it named atmosphere and switch) copy them like normal to the sd and boot the switch like normal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night